Hickey gets it!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hickey gets it!!!

Sacks then you have the hurries which are not counted in the sack totals but still affect the accuracy of the QB in the pocket or the QB scrambling for his life which is not counted or the QB rolling out of the pocket creating just half the field to throw because of lack of protection. Let's not kid outselves either that we have had a running game to take the pressure off either. The ofensive line is dog meat right now in terms of personel. The only hope we have IMO is our new offensive line coach and that hoping is based he is much better than what we had last year at that posiition.

And a great WR can catch less accurate throws, get open quicker, and get more YAC on shorter routes. I'm not about to argue that a solid o-line isn't important, just trying to add a little perspective.

I'm reserving judgement on both Hickey and Wallace. Let's give RT some time and then see how good Wallace is then. I have always said our WR corps in very average, and we need a big WR/TE to go over the middle and in the red zone. If Hickey gets it he will draft both. Oh yeah, and while he's at it we need a RB that can get 1 yard and break tackles.

I apologize for my lack of "attendance" lately, been quite busy.

I agree with the wait and see scenario. The OL and WR issues are obviously paramount. What I'd like to see (after the current issues are settled) is a bruiser of a RB drafted. What I mean by a bruiser is a very common philosophy about these type of players ... one that can run well in the forth quarter and run well in the red zone. And of coarse one that can get those "1 yard and break tackles" along with those other great attributes.

Without violating the spirit of your post, I truly believe T-Hill will execute like a man on fire, provided of coarse he's surrounded with the OL we would all like to see.

I remember when Ricky Williams was on par for the rushing title, he had a substantially improved OL blocking for him.

And look at our adversary T. Brady. One good reason that guy would carve-up a lot of defenses is because (obviously) of a rock-solid OL.

Please excuse me of posting the obvious. And If I seem to be a bit conceded, I apologize, as that is not my objective.

Anyway, there's a lot of good posts to read, especially when the draft is close.

Here's to a winning season!:brewskis:

We will know after this season if hickey did some good things.I still say first and foremost build that o-line.

Sacks then you have the hurries which are not counted in the sack totals but still affect the accuracy of the QB in the pocket or the QB scrambling for his life which is not counted or the QB rolling out of the pocket creating just half the field to throw because of lack of protection. Let's not kid outselves either that we have had a running game to take the pressure off either. The ofensive line is dog meat right now in terms of personel. The only hope we have IMO is our new offensive line coach and that hoping is based he is much better than what we had last year at that posiition.

Stop right there you make too much sense!!

oh come on!! enough of the "he was always on the ground or on the run stuff.

yeah, we had some bad o-line play, but at least HALF of those sacks last year were on tanny. he holds the ball to long and doesnt have top notch pocket awareness.

he is an athletic guy and SHOULD be able to throw on the run. many, many qb's over the years have made big plays down field on the run, because it was designed or the play broke down. just because you have to run doesnt mean you cant make a play [see elway, montana, steve young, randall cunningham, aaron rogers, brett farve, mike vick, russell wilson, drew breese, fran tarkenton, etc...... .

tanny left a butt load of big plays on the field by not being accurate. he made some real bad stuff when the line held and and his feet were planted. head scratching stuff!!

it is so weird. usually, qb's who have had a wr like wallace OVER throw them. tanny UNDER THROWS wallace consistently with he having to turn completely around, stop and wait for the ball to fall from the ceiling, and of course, the secondary is waiting right there with him waiting for it to intercept or bat down.

wallace is an AWSOME WEAPON and if tanny can get his act together we are looking at randy moss type production. big points.

EVERYBODY ACTS LIKE POOR TANNY was ALWAYS on his back and couldnt get one play to work. every time he threw the ball to wallace, tanny threw it perfect but wallace dropped it or just didnt care to make a play on the ball. its become silly. as far as the passing game's troubles? 65% tanny's fault, 30% o-line and and 5% wallace.

i am not a tanny basher and i like him, but, he DOES have his weaknesses and being accurate down field is one of them.

if he cant improve on that this year, we are last in the division.

FOR GODS SAKE!! even TANNY said HE is the one who has to improve making the big plays down field a few days back. if no one can take it right from his mouth, well, what can you do. its a moot point and the wallace bashing will continue on and on and on.

C'mon back at you...

Yah he is supposed to throw his team under the bus - GREAT LEADER there

Sure he knows he can improve - Montana missed a lot of deep balls but all is forgotten when you win the SB - they only give out one per season BTW

I prefer Ryan to look after the ball, than throw wildly off the back foot - Iand if you don't think a QB hears footsteps after being ragged dolled throughout a season than I can't help you

Protect his backside, have a run game where the opponent D has to play honest and watch the stats improve across the board, if you can't understand this I cant help you

And Wallace showed us very little for 16+ million - he had the shortest arms of any WR i have seen in recent memory - if you didn't watch his effort I can't help you - He got paid and played like it

Wallace should be ashamed that Hartline is our no.1 WR heading into this season -> this Stat line don't lie

FISI: the jets were not dissing wallace, they new they were dissing tanny.

they saw all season that he could not hit wallace down field with ANY consistency. the balls were almost always GROSSLY short and all they had to do was double cover him all over the field and if the ball was thrown to him, all the db's had to do was wait for the ball to fall out of the sky and pic it off or swat it down.

but, i am a big hickey fan. now we shall see how he does when he makes the decision on who to draft and not just suggest.

and they did just that.

I didn't say they were dissing him but they figured us out.

Unlike Jesff Ireland, Hickey seems to be able to see that we are not going to beat New England and win the AFC East unless we can score more points. To me this is the main interest in the WR position.

Last year we brought in Wallace, Gibson and Keller to score more points. This year Hickey has brought in Moreno and Damien Williams. With all those upgrades maybe we should hire some extra folks to keep the scoreboard working properly, we may end up wearing that thing out.

I swear there are those around here that would blame Ireland for anything from global warming to missing flight 370. Before we annoint Hickey king of the draft, let's at least let him have one first. There is a big difference between talking to a couple WRs before the draft and actually drafting any of them. I will be the first to admit the bar wasn't set too high to be better than Jeff was on draft day, but I can't say Hickey has impressed me much in free agency.

And a great WR can catch less accurate throws, get open quicker, and get more YAC on shorter routes. I'm not about to argue that a solid o-line isn't important, just trying to add a little perspective.

I agree with what you are saying and would also say any great player is going to make the team better overall at any position that they are playing not just wide reciever. In the case of these current Dolphins there are glaring holes on the team that we cannot pretend have been addressed which takes away some of the luxury of the Dolphins gambling on just great talent alone to invest on any position on the team. Brandon Marshall was a great talent but not a great fit which is why Phibin ditched him so great talent alone does not always benefit or fit the team. This time last year with our trades I beleived most of our glaring holes were solved and it turns out that was not the case with the linebackers and in the case of the offensive line who really knew what happened would happen but at it appeared we had players and could take a chance on a Dion Jordan trade up for special talent. It is very apparent this year we have needs there is no pretending and we have created some of them all on our own. We should have resigned some of the players we let go on the cheap as insurance until we find the special talents in the draft that everyone keeps refering to on this thread. Its called insurance and we do not have as much as we had last year thats for sure. Interesting advatar is that a poke at something. Jusk askin!

And a great WR can catch less accurate throws, get open quicker, and get more YAC on shorter routes.I'm not about to argue that a solid o-line isn't important, just trying to add a little perspective.
That depends on where and what type of shorter routes are run and the accuracy of the pass.

Last year we brought in Wallace, Gibson and Keller to score more points. This year Hickey has brought in Moreno and Damien Williams. With all those upgrades maybe we should hire some extra folks to keep the scoreboard working properly, we may end up wearing that thing out.

I swear there are those around here that would blame Ireland for anything from global warming to missing flight 370. Before we annoint Hickey king of the draft, let's at least let him have one first. There is a big difference between talking to a couple WRs before the draft and actually drafting any of them. I will be the first to admit the bar wasn't set too high to be better than Jeff was on draft day, but I can't say Hickey has impressed me much in free agency.

OK I hear what you are saying, but given that many experts gave Miami an "F" grade last year, and had Miami having the worst draft of all 32 teams, Hickey should be an upgrade. Yes, we still have to wait to see what Hickey will do in terms of the draft, but he has already added a bunch of WR's through free agency. :up:

Interesting advatar is that a poke at something. Jusk askin!

Yes and no. It's just something from an old tv show I grew up on but the show itself did poke fun at society and pop culture in general.

Back
Top Bottom