Hokie's Going Down This Week | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hokie's Going Down This Week

CirclingWagons said:
anybody who thinks that Texas would beat USC is on a steady diet of crack...Texas is another sacrificial big 12 team to throw ito the championship game...big 12 football is gar-bage. Miami-USC would be the ultimate NC game...the 2 most talented teams of the new millenium
Texas has a great running game and Vince Young is becoming better as a passer. USC struggles against mobile QBs and Young is extremely mobile. Texas has a good D as evidenced by the high-powered Texas Tech offense getting only 17 on them.

I just hope that one of the two teams lose. Actually I would love to see Texas lose because then we can see how good the USC offense really is against the #1 D in the nation. I think USC is overrated, How can Stanford score 21 points on a top ten team? USC displayed their bad D.

Kyle Wright should pick up the offense and have Miami scoring alot more points really soon. Miami is claerly the best team in the nation in my opinion, who else would hang 27 points on VT with their KR/PR and RB out 3 quarters of the game and with their QB out 1 quarter of the game. Either VT was largely overrated or Miami was really underrated

nick1 said:
Texas has a great running game and Vince Young is becoming better as a passer. USC struggles against mobile QBs and Young is extremely mobile. Texas has a good D as evidenced by the high-powered Texas Tech offense getting only 17 on them.

I just hope that one of the two teams lose. Actually I would love to see Texas lose because then we can see how good the USC offense really is against the #1 D in the nation. I think USC is overrated, How can Stanford score 21 points on a top ten team? USC displayed their bad D.

Kyle Wright should pick up the offense and have Miami scoring alot more points really soon. Miami is claerly the best team in the nation in my opinion, who else would hang 27 points on VT with their KR/PR and RB out 3 quarters of the game and with their QB out 1 quarter of the game. Either VT was largely overrated or Miami was really underrated
Sorry nick, but you're wrong. USC would RAPE Texas. Big 12 schools are overrated and make great whipping boys for the NC. Look at Oklahoma and Nebraska the last few years. Seriously, who's worth a damn in that conference this year besides Texas? We should all be pulling for a Texas loss so we don't have to watch another National Championship debacle. USC-Miami would be the dream matchup: Top 2 talented teams in the country, pitting Best O against Best D.

Gotta root against Texas and Bama. Sadly, I think Texas might run the table. Just seems like Vince Young has glavanized them mentally. All they've got left is Kansas and Texas A&M, both 5-4. USC played three ranked opponents. So they could lose. Bama has LSU and Auburn. So that's also a possibiliy.

I worry about the loss of Moss. That guy was the truth. But Miami's DL was just DOMINANT last night. They showed how you beat a Vick. USC's OL vs. Miami's DL would be the dream matchup.

Muck said:
Gotta root against Texas and Bama. Sadly, I think Texas might run the table. Just seems like Vince Young has glavanized them mentally. All they've got left is Kansas and Texas A&M, both 5-4. USC played three ranked opponents. So they could lose. Bama has LSU and Auburn. So that's also a possibiliy.

I worry about the loss of Moss. That guy was the truth. But Miami's DL was just DOMINANT last night. They showed how you beat a Vick. USC's OL vs. Miami's DL would be the dream matchup.

Charlie Jones is our McGahee this year. He's gonna get the job done, he's already proven that he can.

I'm going to write a commentary about the game as soon as the new rankings come out, but the Hurricanes just scored the most impressive win by any team at any time this year.

USC struggles against mobile QBs and Young is extremely mobile. Texas has a good D as evidenced by the high-powered Texas Tech offense getting only 17 on them.

What are you basing that on? Miss Cleo? The only mobile QB they played this year was Washington's Isaiah Stanback & he didn't do anything. Don't make things up you haven't seen.

I think USC is overrated, How can Stanford score 21 points on a top ten team? USC displayed their bad D.

Because once you get up by 40, a couple TDs at the end of the game don't matter. USC's defense plays when they have to.

Caps said:
Charlie Jones is our McGahee this year. He's gonna get the job done, he's already proven that he can.

Coker did say that he thinks Charlie Jones will be the best Cane RB ever. That's pretty high praise considering we've had Edgerrin, Clinton, Willis, & now Tyrone.

SuavePhin said:
Now that im done being giddy from that total domination of Va Tech, how good are the chances that Miami has a shot at getting in the National Title game?

We'll be #4 in the BCS behind USC, Texas, & Alabama. Here are the remaining schedules of each:

USC:
@Cal
Fresno St
UCLA

all were ranked at the beginning of the week & so USC has a tough road.

Texas:
Kansas
@Texas A&M
probably Colorado in the Big 12 championship

they've played scrubs all year long, nothing changes, could be upset by A&M or Colorado

Alabama:
LSU
@Auburn
probably Georgia in the SEC championship

toughest schedule remaining. I think they'll lose 2 of them.

It all comes down to if someone can upset USC or Texas. I truly hope it's Texas because they don't belong.

SMadison29 said:
We'll be #4 in the BCS behind USC, Texas, & Alabama. Here are the remaining schedules of each:

USC:
@Cal
Fresno St
UCLA

Texas:
Kansas
@Texas A&M

they've played scrubs all year long, nothing changes, could be upset by A&M or Colorado

Alabama:
LSU
@Auburn

It all comes down to if someone can upset USC or Texas. I truly hope it's Texas because they don't belong.
Amen

SMadison29 said:

USC:
@Cal
Fresno St
UCLA

Texas:
Kansas
@Texas A&M

Alabama:
LSU
@Auburn

If alabama, texas and usc go undefeated, Alabama and USC should definitly be playing for the National championship.

by the way, congrats to miami, was definitly wrong bout the game....i guess we are going to meet in the ACC championship game. cant wait, hopefully FSU can step up there play.

:foundout:

Commentary is up, someone needs to validate it (Muckster! :)) A large part of it is what you guys have brought up, but I have different feelings about Texas from most of you. Please don't give me trashy ratings when you disagree...I think the article will make for good conversation fodder and I want people to read it. So all of you college football folks, pay attention!

SMadison29 said:
Coker did say that he thinks Charlie Jones will be the best Cane RB ever.
meh, coaches say that all the time. jones looks good, but NOTHING compared to james or mcgahee. more portis-like

kastofsna120 said:
meh, coaches say that all the time. jones looks good, but NOTHING compared to james or mcgahee. more portis-like

i think that it actually hurt vt when moss got hurt. moss runs more like a bowling ball and that plays into vt's hands. jones has good lateral movement and a great burst, which can make overlyaggressive defenses pay, and he did. great performance by the U on saturday, they kicked some serious arse.

CirclingWagons said:
Sorry nick, but you're wrong. USC would RAPE Texas. Big 12 schools are overrated and make great whipping boys for the NC. Look at Oklahoma and Nebraska the last few years. Seriously, who's worth a damn in that conference this year besides Texas? We should all be pulling for a Texas loss so we don't have to watch another National Championship debacle. USC-Miami would be the dream matchup: Top 2 talented teams in the country, pitting Best O against Best D.
If you say so, I'm pulling for someone to lose so Miami can climb into the title game

Back
Top Bottom