hoops scoops...colts dolphins... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...colts dolphins...

I thought the Colts were as motivated as the Dolphins were against the Jets, their HC came in before the game and that emotion means alot.
The Dolphins looked tired, Luck was moving 15 yards be hind LOS and the pass rush couldn't get there.
I thought RT was going to get killed the OL played like ****, RT has balls he stood there and took it, in spite of it all we could have won the game and RT kept us there.
I'm pissed about the loss but we have a QB make no mistake about it.

I said three things coming into the game, Miami had to run the football well, shut down the Colts run and force Luck win the game for the Colts. Never did I imagine in 100 years that Luck would dismantle the Miami secondary like he did. Luck was perfect in this game, just perfect.

Miami's running attack could have kept Luck off the field in several circumstances when Miami needed a breather on D and it just didn't get going. That is inexcusable with our line, there is no reason that Miami should not be able to run the football, the line looked better in game 1 than it did yesterday. Horrible line play almost as horrible as the secondary.

Tannehill is a good young QB, his decision making prowess is every bit as good as Luck and he was one of the only reasons Miami was actually in this game at the end, what a great job by our Rookie....keep em' ballin' for ya kid.

Lots of work to do with the secondary and O-line if we hope to nab a wild card, bottom line though if this team plays like they did yesterday the rest of the year.......7-9 or 8-8 is where Miami finishes.

people are gonna say miami should have run the ball more and i can see where they have a gripe but we tried to bang em off pa vertical a few times and we had the protections set up and everyone accounted for and we were failed by backside pressure that tannehill is not gonna feel coming wide off the edge just out of his pa drop...as soon as he set up to throw he got hit on the backside numerous times...jake long killed us yesterday

i have a bit of a gripe also with why in the heck when the colts had to go even deeper into their cb depth didn't we get into more 3 and 4 wr sets and attack their 6th db like the colts did us??? one thing i'm noticing is that the in game adjustments as far as attacking a teams depth when it takes a hit in game seem lacking...we let the jets off the hook in the opener when revis went down by not going after their depth and we let the colts off yesterday when none of those corners are worth a damn...not to mention mathis went out again so had we been able to keep freeney off the qb we should have been able to do some more things in the passing game...

there's another thing that is very apparent at the half way point...these dbs ball awareness and ability to locate the football in the air is lacking...outside of reshad jones and jimmy wilson no one finds the ball very well...even when sean smith is in good coverage position down the sideline he can't find the ball or turns over the wrong shoulder repeatedly...carroll seems to be making some strides as far as playing the man and the ball and i think he does a pretty good job getting his head around but it's not a strength yet...jimmy wilson finds the ball but at times loses the man looking for the ball...chris clemons couldn't find the ball over his head if his life depended on it...zero awareness

and none of these corners play a very good zone coverage...carroll might be an exception there...

Great write up as always Hoops. For the first time all year I felt we were outcoached in this game. And I don't think it was only on defense. We came out with the ball to start the second half with a good opportunity to set the tone for rest of the game, and they shut us down. It broke a trend of us opening the 2nd half with scoring drives. I have to tip my hat to Indy. They played well, and were well coached. The only other team we've played that was as well prepared for us and gameplanned for us as well was the Texans. With the Luck vs. Tannehill angle, and the fact that I think both Indy and us now have strong coaching staffs, I wish we played them every year. It would be a good rivalry going forward.

jake long walks draft jake matthews of texas a & m with our top pick...i know it's not sexy but that kids made for the zbs and he can play...may even have left tackle feet in case jonathon martin who i personally feel doesn't have elite feet for the left side was to stay on the right...

and if jake leaves tackle becomes a major priority...unfortunately...

I agree. People won't like drafting a Tackle early, but if Long leaves it's absolutley a priority, and drafting a LT becomes necessary unless we sign a different FA at the position. Of course the flip side of coin is him leaving will open up about $11 million in cap space to sign other players including potentially a LT. We have to avoid the cost of overpaying.

disturbing trend for me about sean smiths play this year is i have him playing his worst football against the lowest level comp...yesterday the colts moved reggie wayne around a lot so smith wasn't over him primarily but he's been pretty inconsistent this year against guys a top level corner should dominate...don't know if that's he gets lazy or his technique falls off i do know that his play is not validating a $10 mil per year contract of late...

Burn a 2nd or 3rd on a RT; let Long walk; kick Martin to LT. Martin will be fine. Should see a lot of physical growth this off season.

Can't waste a 1st on a LT. Can't.

I don't remember the last time we got torched like that. Luck had all kinds of time. Tough to watch. And at the end of the game when we need a first down we didn't have anyone that could create separation.

justdev i see you are a big backer of kenny vaccaro...i like him...like his ability to play man in the slot also...but when i look at him i see a very similar pro to what we already have in jimmy wilson...vaccaro can also miss some tackles in space at times...

Good write up

Long did push his guy 20 Yards down the field which prepared the cut back lane for Bush - on the TD

Long was otherwise a GOAT

Sean Smith was a GOAT

Tannehill that last throw was balls man - balls!

End the debate Tannehill was away from home and we lost trying to keep up to that juggernaut without a pure run game Ryan is 4 years behind Luck as far as leading under Center - and while Indy is nothing to write home about on O - I would say Ryan has the IT factor - play-makers are nowhere's to be found the secondary was bad last year when Brady lit up the team so why is it any surprise that Luck can do it - as far a s play-makers go I would trade our 3 top WRs for theirs hands down - Brady, Rodgers, Matt Ryan can throw 5 yard dink & dunk passes and gets 20 YAC - that's what play-makers do they make everyone around them look better

jake long walks draft jake matthews of texas a & m with our top pick...i know it's not sexy but that kids made for the zbs and he can play...may even have left tackle feet in case jonathon martin who i personally feel doesn't have elite feet for the left side was to stay on the right...

and if jake leaves tackle becomes a major priority...unfortunately...
Agree ,not a sexy pick and Luke Joeckel will probably be off the board Jake Matthews might still be available. Both guys play well and will run you over.

Agree ,not a sexy pick and Luke Joeckel will probably be off the board Jake Matthews might still be available. Both guys play well and will run you over.

i seriously doubt joeckel gets out of the top 10...he looks like the prototype zbs left tackle...he and matthews are both top 20 worthy picks for teams who run a zone scheme...

let's start by asking what in gods name was that gameplan coverage wise??? i have never seen such soft looks by the dbs both on the boundary and in the slot against a team that couldn't run the ball if their lives depended on it...8 yards off outside leverage in the slot wtf??? how bout 10 yards off on the boundary over and over...kevin coyle was bad today folks bad...until that last damn drive we had to get a stop to get a chance at the tie or win we played some of the softest coverages just giving luck yards and completions...450 plus yards passing by a rookie...a lot of which was just damn given to him...

as for the actual play to my eye nolan carroll had the best day of any db today...outside of again a off coverage slant route missed tackle in space resulting in a 20 yard gain after the rac carroll was solid...gave away a intermediate crossing route off pa to reggie wayne but that was more a the ball should have come out by now than bad play by carroll...

we go 6 dbs rj sanford comes on the field and immediately they go after it on 3rd and 20...3rd and 20 and sanford it beaten for a vertical come back pretty much that can't happen...yeesh

sean smith you better hope they erase todays tape off your video your agent presents for free agency...my god...today was bad...and when we did actually have the right coverage called what in gods name were you doing on the hilton td on the post coming right at you...the plays facing you as you go down the field where's the ball awareness and pick undercutting the route??? missed tackles in zone on 3rd down short of the sticks you name it just bad...find the damn ball sean!!! how bout the dropped int with no contact when we did actually play press coverage and jam guy and force luck to make a bad throw behind the te at the end of the game...dropped as you transition the ball to the other arm...wtf???

i think a lot of people want to give sean smith heat for the reggie wayne td but i think because of the bunch formation smith takes an outside leverage presnap and expects reshad jones to bracket the play on the inside...jones gets caught peeking in the backfield and doesn't get the depth...and luck throws it behind him and high for the td...

speaking of reggie wayne why does it take a half for miami to decide to take him away with extra attention??? jimmy wilson in the slot wore a target today whenever he was across from wayne...that should have been part of the gameplan from jump...

chris clemons in 2 deep once again takes a step or two forward off pa and let me tell you that pa action was horrid never close to being handed off to the back and then can't get back to give smith help down the seam...result big catch over the top of the d...in 2 deep no less...against a team that can't run so why in the world is clemons taking false steps on the play???

didn't get enough pass rush from the inside today...cam wake was held on the opening play of the damn game spun around no call 20 yard gain...starks was doubled on passing downs expect more of that til someone else steps up vernon flashed a few times getting off blocks but luck felt the pressure well and got rid of the ball...tough day just seemed like luck was one step ahead of us all day on the gameplan...

paul solia had two undersized centers today and he dominated them both in the run game but come on big paul run some of these damn smurfs over and collapse the pocket from the inside with some damn pass rush...satele and aj shipley are undersized guys you should destroy...

not kevin burnetts best day in coverage either in the flats or down the field...a few plays i felt like he needs to keep the back from the first down in the passing game...

koa misi i saw this coming with...teams are now scheming to attack him in coverage down the field...look for that to continue cause he's easily taken by pa and just not comfortable yet carrying man coverage down the field...i even saw in the 2nd half where we pulled him cause of the coverage concerns...

on offense this team struggles to run the ball with any consistency...these 2 wr sets we keep running out of just aren't getting it done...miami can't even run with any consistency against the colts undersized front...and why not run directly at those ends??? dissappointed with the oline in the run game...

speaking of oline jake long...yeesh...that was awful...another guy that should hope his agent erases that tape...beaten repeatedly off the edge hell even antonio johnson got you off balance and grabbed tannehill forcing a errant throw...couple that with a blatant hold at the end of the game and a terrible decision to leave the de for the rb and take the blitzing lb and i'm just like what the hell...the left tackle was terrible today...maul somebody for gods sakes!!!

ryan tannehill i love you my man and i flat out love your decision making and i think it's laughable that people think matt moore gives us a better chance to win but you can't on that last drive let the moment get to you and you can't miss that ball in the flat to daniel thomas on the dump off that could have put us in much better position down and distance wise...franchise qbs make that throw guys like mark sanchez overthrow it...a golden op to take the team down the field and put the winning points on the board and unfortunately it wasn't there today...i will say though that 3rd and 15 when the opp knows that you have to throw and you have our weapons at wr sets you behind the 8 ball...

daniel thomas probably your best game this year a dolphin...both in the running game and as a pass reciever...daniel thomas was solid today...

reggie bush beautiful vision and cuts on the 18 yard stretch run td that was a thing of beauty with the jump cut back to the inside and showed nice patience...still feel like bush is underutilized in the passing game...i'm still a little unhappy though with the east and west stuff at the los when he should take what he can get but that's reggie bush...take the good with the bad

brian hartline sure knows how to wear out bad corners...i know that much...his route running is really solid...comes back to the ball also for his qb and he'll catch in traffic...

lamar miller gets one carry reads it well and cuts up inside of his right tackle for a nice gain but loses his balance on the play and goes down pretty much with no contact and never gets a sniff again...miami needs to get miller in the game more...and when he does get good looks into the 2nd level he needs to maintain his balance...something of which i feel like he has pretty high end...balance and acceleration...

tough one fellas...no doubt about it...that damn gameplan on d coupled with some really poor play from the secondary did us in today...that and a high damn end qb...andrew luck is legit...no running game and 450 plus against our d??? holy hell...get ready to see a lot of the colts in the future...

playoffs are still possible but the secondary has to play better going forward the damn dc needs to call a better game and the oline and reggie bush need to be better in the run game...on to tennessee

Hoops,

I could not believe the coverage we were playing. Just dumbfounded. Why aren't we pressing when blitzing? WTF??? He has to get the ball out quick but we have 8-12 yards of cushion. Unf_cking real. Honestly the game was what I thought it would be other than that. I felt we got pressure but Luck is very good in the pocket. But I thought we would press the receivers to give us half a second more. Also where the hell was the flags on Justice today?? Wake was held 25 times yesterday. He beat Justice on over half the plays and no holding. Or maybe one. Just stupid. The Pouncey Penalty at the end of the half to make it 1st and 20, I'm not sure what he was looking at. Smith almost Int I think I may have challenge that but with no actually football move other than trying to get up and the on field call as a inc maybe not. One play I woudl ahve defintely challnge was the Wake sack of Luck that never was, his knee was down before he threw it. That would have been a game changer. Didn't love the play calling at the end of the game to be honest. Just didn't love it. Fasano should have been given some love this game as the Indy LBs are average in coverage and he was open. Tough one to swallow but when you give up yards like that, we are so scared of the big play that we will take the semi big play, just dumb. Also Smith, how on earth do you get beat deep when you had 12 yard off coverage, thank god he dropped it.

I see the Let Jake walk thing, but really do you think he is going to demand the big contract everyone is worried about? I really don't. I think he will still get a good contract on the tune of 8 mil a season but I also think Jake is going to want to come back and prove what he can do. The only way he gets the bigger dough and leaves is if a power team comes calling. But even then its not the ZBS he really is having trouble with its the pass protection. Also he was facing Freeney who is pretty damn good even if he has been injuried and his type of speed has always been jake's kryptonite.

Back
Top Bottom