hoops scoops...mike shermans last bullet in the chamber | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...mike shermans last bullet in the chamber

I've been wondering why they haven't done this for a while now. Joe Philbin said he wanted an up tempo, fast offense when he was first hired and... we got this?

Not only is it not getting faster I would bet you anything that its actually getting slower as the season goes on.

I've noticed that they often take a long time to get the plays in and then communicate them to the team. Does Mike Sherman's offense use a lot of verbiage?

Sometimes I really do believe a select few posters on this site would coach better than the 'professionals' we have. I'm not sure if these guys over think or stare at film too long, but you can't force schemes on ill fitted personnel. Our tackles aren't athletic enough to move laterally? Run more plays inside the tackles and guards. Reshad Jones is struggling in coverage? Simplify his role so he can be more instinctual. To survive in the NFL you must adapt. You can't expect to run the same plays every week with the same result. You need to be unpredictable. In our first three games I saw adjustments at half time, and better performances from all phases. What has changed since then? Why are we not learning from our mistakes? Do we lack the talent?

I've noticed that they often take a long time to get the plays in and then communicate them to the team. Does Mike Sherman's offense use a lot of verbiage?

It's complex but more than anything at times they take a long time to get it into him...

If not no huddle, I honestly think they should just let the QB call the damn plays himself for a series or two, to increase the tempo a bit, just to try it out. The offense is downright sluggish.

sticking with status quo like i said during the bye week in a hoops scoops is not gonna work...all we will get is more frustration and more inconsistent win loss results...sure enough that's exactly how it's gone down

the defense doesn't carry this team the lbs are awful and killing us...time to stop all this top level defense stuff it's horse ****...

so it's on the offense to fire every bullet they have to try and right the ship here...i'm not gonna sit here and say this is a fail proof thing cause it's not and i will get into that more in depth...well we are down to the last bullet

during the bye week i called for miami to try and jump start the run game in a scoops by implementing the use of an extra ot specifically will yeatman...well we finally got to see it on a short week vs cinci for a half at least a half we ran for 198 yards on mind you before for some reason rarely using it in a 2nd half where we didn't have many series on offense...

against tampa for some reason sherman didn't utilize an extra ot yeatman but for 5 snaps...some of that maybe cause tampa had seen us on tape with it and was more prepared if we went with it but the end result of this running game was a paltry 2 yards...you kidding me mike sherman can standing jump that far...2 yards???

well we just lost will yeatman for the season so there goes our 2nd to last bullet...

for some reason sherman dials up wide stretch and off tackle run calls with tackles in mckinnie and clabo who can't get out there and not surprisingly we get stoned on em...laterally both these tackles just cannot do it anymore...these are play in a small box tackles now...i get that teams realize this and are playing us more inside with the lbs and the stunting etc and saying if you want to run you must run wide but they also know that we don't have the tackles and athletic lineman up front to execute the plan effectively...and sherman while absolutely handcuffed is doing a poor job of adjusting...even still we can try and run inside all day long it's not gonna add up to much when your oline is as poor a unit as ours is anyways...

so what's the last gasp??? jon gruden said it on mnf...i can tell watching this team scheme and formations that the end goal is full on no huddle offense...beat teams with tempo and quick decisions by the qb at the los and not allow them to substitute personal...

well i am calling for it...i'm not sure this qb is ready for it a part of me thinks that we don't see it much yet where they speed up tempo cause the qbs just not there yet...but i also know that if we don't tire out these defensive fronts and get these guys gassed and not let them line up in what they want and get their tongues hanging out we are cooked anyways...can't run the ball can't protect the qb...by going no huddle we have a shot to control the ball more and run more plays on offense and most importantly we got a shot to do what so many on this board are calling for...score 30 points on offense...

yeah there's potential for more 3 and outs and more taxing of this defense...but this teams not gonna stay in front of the sticks and run the football to keep teams honest minus speeding things up and this defense loves to give back any lead the o gives em late anyways...mckinnie and clabo are not ideal for a fast paced offense well suck it up buttercups better hit that bike and treadmill hard and get your ass in condition for it...and john jerry you gonna be puking...

ryan tannehills presnap reads and decisions at the los are very good...he makes quick solid decisions and takes care of the football as a passer...i don't think you are gonna see him spraying the ball into coverage if we speed up the tempo and i think it will be good experience for him the rest of the way this season and possibly give a bump to our scoring average...i know it will give our o more snaps...

no better week to roll this out the rest of the way than at home vs san diego and that suspect pass d and suspect d period...i can promise you that carolina will eat our bones next sunday if we line up and run the same boring no tempo cant run on early downs as a result can't utliize play action and bootlegs get us in 5 man protects and exploit us offense...the recipe right now is too easy...even for teams like a winless tampa...

no more lining up and snapping the ball on 1 or 2 when the defense is lined up and ready for it and even jumping the count...more hurry to the los and lineup and quick snap em and varying snap count tempo and tempo to the ball and letting us dictate vs the defense dictating to us...

not every qb can run this style of offense i'm a firm believer that ryan tannehill is one of those guys that can not only run it but do damage in it...worst case we get him some much needed experience in the long term goal anyways...

it's not fail proof it's not anything but a shot in the dark right now but it's the last chance this team has to offset personnel weaknesses and red flags...if i didn't think the qb could succeed in it right now i wouldn't be calling for it...

mike sherman take off the training wheels...
thumbsup-1.gif

Sometimes I really do believe a select few posters on this site would coach better than the 'professionals' we have. I'm not sure if these guys over think or stare at film too long, but you can't force schemes on ill fitted personnel. Our tackles aren't athletic enough to move laterally? Run more plays inside the tackles and guards. Reshad Jones is struggling in coverage? Simplify his role so he can be more instinctual. To survive in the NFL you must adapt. You can't expect to run the same plays every week with the same result. You need to be unpredictable. In our first three games I saw adjustments at half time, and better performances from all phases. What has changed since then? Why are we not learning from our mistakes? Do we lack the talent?

What happened is we put out enough tape that our weaknesses which were showing during the 3 game win streak to start and I could see and knew dcs could see also and would attack couldn't be hidden...you got weaknesses in pro football they get exploited...the league knows Miami can't run can't protect the qb and the lb play is a major problem...and as we have gone on they have exploited em more and more...teams love to see us in 5 man protects love to attack Philip wheeler or leave him clean even cause he won't fill

They know athletically this oline does not fit the scheme...your Dc showed too much lb blitzes early when I saw so much double a gap pressures presnap I knew we needed to pick and choose when we showed it and change it up... we showed our lbs lacked instincts they saw how much we got gashed by screen plays and our tendencies on o and d...

There's only so many adjustments you can make when your personnel at certain positions suck

Worth a shot. I wouldn't mind seeing it, as long as we mix in sufficient number of rushes. Sometimes they pop open during uptempo.

I wouldn't support uptempo and empty sets. I despise empty looks when a team is outmanned. Tonight I watched my old high school Southwest try it. What a joke. You're just begging to be attacked. I wanted to wager as soon as I saw the first play. Sure enough, it turned into a 42-7 embarrassment in a playoff game, and would have been considerably worse than that if not for a running clock instituted early in the third quarter. Our only score was an interception return.

We need to throw on 1st down. That is the only way this team can move the ball. On short yardage plays, use the QB keeper. The oline gives up to much penetration to hand it off.

What happened is we put out enough tape that our weaknesses which were showing during the 3 game win streak to start and I could see and knew dcs could see also and would attack couldn't be hidden...you got weaknesses in pro football they get exploited...the league knows Miami can't run can't protect the qb and the lb play is a major problem...and as we have gone on they have exploited em more and more...teams love to see us in 5 man protects love to attack Philip wheeler or leave him clean even cause he won't fill

They know athletically this oline does not fit the scheme...your Dc showed too much lb blitzes early when I saw so much double a gap pressures presnap I knew we needed to pick and choose when we showed it and change it up... we showed our lbs lacked instincts they saw how much we got gashed by screen plays and our tendencies on o and d...

There's only so many adjustments you can make when your personnel at certain positions suck

The bottom line is that Ireland replaced marginal to good players(over priced) with bad players with huge contracts. Shermin and Ireland should be fired. Philbin and another OC should get another year.

Hoops will you please coach this team

Seriously? Serously!

Not to bag on Hooshoops, but what kind of world do you live in that you think a person who is not currently in the coaching ranks, should coach a team?

A coach is a coach who teaches fundamentals in the workplace. Not someone who writes on a website.

You want to coach? You need to go find an opportunity and then build your way up the ranks. If your good, you move up. As in any company.

The bottom line is that Ireland replaced marginal to good players(over priced) with bad players with huge contracts. Shermin and Ireland should be fired. Philbin and another OC should get another year.

Keller injured by a f'n rookie in preseason. Gibson was excellent. Injured. Ellerbe is not overpaid IMO. He is young finding his way in this defense and has been injured as well.

I will give you Wallace and Wheeler on that note.

But lets face it, guys who are or would have been huge in this offense went down for the season. Throw in the other guys at WR gone who were to be a big part of this offense and we just got snake bitten at the skill positions.

no one to date has brought this up. this is how in depth you people are. its laughable.

Keller injured by a f'n rookie in preseason. Gibson was excellent. Injured. Ellerbe is not overpaid IMO. He is young finding his way in this defense and has been injured as well. I will give you Wallace and Wheeler on that note. But lets face it, guys who are or would have been huge in this offense went down for the season. Throw in the other guys at WR gone who were to be a big part of this offense and we just got snake bitten at the skill positions. no one to date has brought this up. this is how in depth you people are. its laughable.
I do not accept this as an excuse anymore. Buffalo was down to their 4th QB and beat us. New England lost their starting NT, their best LB, played most of their games without their best CB and their only true weapon on offense and yet they still managed to win seven games and lose only two. I am not willing to accept injuries as excuses because if other teams can overcome them why can't we?

Back
Top Bottom