hoops scoops...potential #19 pick lb ryan shazier tale of the tape... | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...potential #19 pick lb ryan shazier tale of the tape...

Living in B1G country, I saw Shazier alot in real time, real action, and he was everywhere. My real time reaction was "are you serious, was that him again?"

One thing that I would struggle with taking him is living with another year of Ellerbe at mike, which is just painful. However, i have to be consistent and not a hypocrite. I am a BPA guy. If he ends up BPA, so be it. I do like the idea of having a theory and plan in building the defense. Having Jordan and Shazier in the front 7 in back to back years would be some electricity and synergy.

Living in B1G country, I saw Shazier alot in real time, real action, and he was everywhere. My real time reaction was "are you serious, was that him again?"

One thing that I would struggle with taking him is living with another year of Ellerbe at mike, which is just painful. However, i have to be consistent and not a hypocrite. I am a BPA guy. If he ends up BPA, so be it. I do like the idea of having a theory and plan in building the defense. Having Jordan and Shazier in the front 7 in back to back years would be some electricity and synergy.

^^^This is what I dream of as well!!!

The Aaron Maybin comparison is clown shoes.

Aaron maybin was a raw pass rushing undersized linebacker, who was explosive.

Everyone knew his play weight was very low for the NFL, by the combine he was over 245 lbs and was a top pick. By the time NFL season started it was clear he couldn't hold the weight and he was a bust because of it.

The only reason you don't like the comparison is because you like shazier.

Everyone knew his play weight was very low for the NFL, by the combine he was over 245 lbs and was a top pick. By the time NFL season started it was clear he couldn't hold the weight and he was a bust because of it.

Maybin was a one-year starter and a DE at Penn State. Regardless of how well you like/liked either, they're not similar players.

Shayne Skov was also everywhere at the Orange Bowl. Before his knee injury, he would've been a first round pick for sure. I still think we ought to draft prime beef O-line and maybe scoop him up on Friday.

i think we should hold members to a higher standard than allowing any shayne skov level athlete pre knee injury round one pick talk :lol:

I think Miami is very interested in Shazier if they stick around at 19. Armando just tweeted a link saying Fins have discussed moving up and down. Down with Philly (22), Cle (26), NO (27) and SF (30). Prelim discussions of course and Im assuming only if the specific player those teams want is on the board.
He also listed players that Miami loves: James, Shazier, OBJ, Marquise Lee, Kyle Fuller, and Morgan Moses.

Its armando so take it with a grain of salt. But if those are their players they are targetting I think you can trade down and still get one. OBJ will be gone by 19. Fuller I think will be gone...if not he will in a trade down. Shazier, James, Moses, and Lee should all be there at 19 but Im not sure how far back you can go. Id Say Cleveland would be a good partner and grab an extra 3rd.

Also been reading alot of sources saying that if Matthews is on the board at 8 dont be surprised if Miami goes up to get him. Might be the top player on their board...

Lots of smoke these times though...cant wait for tomorrow

I think most of the top O-lineman will be gone by 19....and Moses, James and Bitinio are not worth taking at 19. I like Cooks and M. Lee at WR, but not at #19.....so it comes down to Shazier or Mosley, and Shazier has more upside. I think we take the Ohio State middle linebacker....if we dont trade down.

i think we should hold members to a higher standard than allowing any shayne skov level athlete pre knee injury round one pick talk :lol:

Did somebody say....Shane Shov.....round 1?

3784035laughing-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Shayne Skov was also everywhere at the Orange Bowl. Before his knee injury, he would've been a first round pick for sure. I still think we ought to draft prime beef O-line and maybe scoop him up on Friday.
This kid will not get drafted until rd 6

:rolleyes2: Then I guess by that logic, Patric Willis was the EXACT same size as Shazier, and had almost the exact same stats except Shazier had a few more tackles, twice as many forced fumbles. The only reason you don't like that comparison is because you DON'T like Shazier.

please get out of my thread talking that definition of stupid patrick willis stuff...:bobdole:

take that stuff to where it belongs...a depths thread

please get out of my thread talking that definition of stupid patrick willis stuff...:bobdole:

take that stuff to where it belongs...a depths thread

No one has responded to it, yet he keeps pumping it up. Kind of funny.

The Steelers have no idea what they are doing with their picks….lol.

Shazier will be a stud and will thrive for the Steelers.

Back
Top Bottom