Hoops Scoops...prospects Miami should target in the 2013 draft first 4 rounds... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops Scoops...prospects Miami should target in the 2013 draft first 4 rounds...

Do you have him or Mingo higher on your board?

ha ha...must you really ask??? mingo...he's the best pure pass rush prospect imo if that's all you are looking for...an edge hand in the dirt rush prospect that can win against nfl tackles in this class...followed by carradine who's got more ideal size....

ha ha...must you really ask??? mingo...he's the best pure pass rush prospect imo if that's all you are looking for...an edge hand in the dirt rush prospect that can win against nfl tackles in this class...followed by carradine who's got more ideal size....

Hahaha just making sure.

Just wondering why you left out Xavier Rhodes??? and do we really need Eifert with the Dustin keller pick-up??? I mean maybe Philbin knows how to use TE's , but has Miami really used TE formations correctly in a long while??? If we pick up Eifert, I better see some 2 TE formations that will wreck havoc or I will be pissed!

I'm not a Rhodes guy. I think he will have similar issues with faster quick twitch wrs that Sean smith does. While I don't think he is a cover 2 only corner given his speed and his physical tools I don't think he's a high end press corner in the nfl or a terrific feet or balance guy

However if we do stay at #12 my money is on Rhodes being the pick. Just reading the tea leaves here

no love for lemonier?

not much from me...motor runs hot and cold...goes thru stretches where the efforts not there...can turn it on and off on you...not great edge rush tools...more a power rusher imo than a burst athlete...

i don't hate it in the 3rd round i guess as a situational rusher...i believe he's also light in the pants at 245 lbs...but i may be wrong on that...anything before the 3rd round i think is a mistake...i don't believe in his edge rush tools enough to put him on my targets list...but i could swallow a 3rd rounder i guess if it went that route probably...maybe...depends on if any of my other edge rush targets were still on the board...

Damn, slimm has a.1st rd grade on him and you could maybe swallow a third. I dont know that ive ever seen you two so far apart on a prospect!

Thats why i like scouting, different ideas, different pov, really make me take a second and third look

I thought you might find this of some interest.

Tony Pauline has been reporting over the past day or two that Vance McDonald is the #2 tight end behind Eifert on 'several teams boards'. Could be a surprise second round pick.

I thought you might find this of some interest.

Tony Pauline has been reporting over the past day or two that Vance McDonald is the #2 tight end behind Eifert on 'several teams boards'. Could be a surprise second round pick.

wouldn't surprise me in the 2nd round...he's as physical a te as there is in this class...poor mans gronk...can move too for a big man...would surprise me though if he goes over etrz...although i'm sure mcdonald is viewed as a #1 te and in line possible player...etrz strikes me more as a #2 te and guy that you want to be careful how you line him up in line...

mcdonalds a very good prospect...i think he's the 3rd te off the board...that's how i have him on mine...followed by kelce

lots of barkevious mingo love rumors out there...in addition to the jets atlanta is said to covet him in a trade up into the top 8 if they can get there to play a 43 de...wow...at least someone gets where his best fit is...as a 43 de pass rusher...

cleveland also at #6 said to be giving him strong consideration...

damn....i'd love to have those pass rush tools in miami...

This is why I find the preseason fascinating, because some of these guys are already looking pretty good. The preseason is like that period of time from like 10am to Noon on Christmas Day where you sit around and just play with your new toys before you start getting ready to do family stuff.

This is how Hoops' draft would have played out, who would've been available at each pick. The "||" symbol represents a break point in the grades as indicated by Hoops.

#012 Overall: Cornelius Carradine, Keenan Allen, Tyler Eifert, D.J. Hayden, Desmond Trufant

#042 Overall: Keenan Allen || Alex Okafor, Arthur Brown, Quinton Patton, Stedman Bailey, Margus Hunt

#054 Overall: Keenan Allen || Alex Okafor, Arthur Brown, Stedman Bailey, Quinton Patton || Terron Armstead, Christine Michael, Markus Wheaton, Robert Alford, Jamar Taylor, Ryan Swope

#077 Overall: Alex Okafor, Stedman Bailey, Quinton Patton || Markus Wheaton, Ryan Swope || Jordan Poyer, David Quessenberry, Brian Schwenke, Baccari Rambo, Brandon Williams, David Bakhtiari, Alvin Bailey, Cornelius Washington, Devin Taylor, Johnathan Franklin, Zac Stacy, Marcus Lattimore, Marquess Wilson, Knile Davis, Mike Gillislee, A.J. Klein, Phillip Thomas

#082 Overall: Alex Okafor, Stedman Bailey, Quinton Patton || Ryan Swope || Jordan Poyer, David Quessenberry, Brian Schwenke, Baccari Rambo, Brandon Williams, David Bakhtiari, Alvin Bailey, Cornelius Washington, Devin Taylor, Johnathan Franklin, Zac Stacy, Marcus Lattimore, Marquess Wilson, Knile Davis, Mike Gillislee, A.J. Klein, Phillip Thomas

#111 Overall: Quinton Patton || Ryan Swope || Jordan Poyer, David Quessenberry, Baccari Rambo, Alvin Bailey, Cornelius Washington, Devin Taylor, Johnathan Franklin, Zac Stacy, Marcus Lattimore, Marquess Wilson, Mike Gillislee, A.J. Klein, Phillip Thomas || Jake Stoneburner, Barrett Jones, Kenjon Barner, Montori Hughes, Chase Thomas, Tavarres King, Terry Hawthorne, B.W. Webb

#146 Overall: Ryan Swope || Jordan Poyer, David Quessenberry, Baccari Rambo, Alvin Bailey, Cornelius Washington, Zac Stacy, Marquess Wilson, Mike Gillislee, A.J. Klein, || Jake Stoneburner, Kenjon Barner, Chase Thomas, Tavarres King, Terry Hawthorne

#166 Overall: Ryan Swope || Jordan Poyer, David Quessenberry, Baccari Rambo, Alvin Bailey, Cornelius Washington, Marquess Wilson || Jake Stoneburner, Kenjon Barner, Chase Thomas

#217 Overall: Jordan Poyer, Alvin Bailey, Marquess Wilson || Jake Stoneburner, Chase Thomas

#224 Overall: Alvin Bailey, Marquess Wilson || Jake Stoneburner, Chase Thomas

#250 Overall: Alvin Bailey || Jake Stoneburner, Chase Thomas

I liked what I've seen of lemonier with the 9ers. I will be keeping a close eye on him, to see how he comes along. I wanted him, and I have to hear about it from all these california dudes who live in town now, everytime he sips gatorade.

Allen was a beast this year. I know our rookie group contributed next to nothing this year, but the truth is only a handful of rookies were high level contributors league wide. Alot of players who many pegged as elite talents were either hampered by injury or contributed little this year. Allen was very much an exception. Hindsight is 20/20, but it would have been nice to skip on Wallace in FA and have drafted Allen with our original 1st round pick and keep the extra 2nd rounder we had. Would have had the $ to address the O-line in free agency this past year had we not signed Wallace.

Back
Top Bottom