Hoops Scoops...prospects Miami should target in the 2013 draft first 4 rounds... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops Scoops...prospects Miami should target in the 2013 draft first 4 rounds...

I don't understand moving these threads out of the Dolphins board, as it's CLEARLY about the Dolphins offseason and could theoretically be in either board.

Hoops thank you for your insight

Would Trufant be a complete reach at 12? I feel he is a better CB then Rhodes especially in the zone scheme

Would Trufant be a complete reach at 12? I feel he is a better CB then Rhodes especially in the zone scheme

i'm not sure trufant would be a reach there...there's some other guys i would choose over him there though...he's almost 6 ft and has 4.4 flat speed and was the best looking corner at the senior bowl week...he has 1st round worthy tools...could be a little more physical but he competes...as for zone i honestly think he's best in man coverages press and off...

i agree with the sentiments that rhodes doesn't project as a very good zone corner by the way...and with a press guy at that heiight you want the guy to be bull strong...i don't know what rhodes did in the bench but i bet it wasn't very much...guys like richard sherman and his teammate at corner that are oversized are both bull strong and able to redirect guys at the los and win physically...helps offset that both those guys quick twitch explosion isn't that great...

rhodes is actually 6 ft 1 1/2 so he's not so oversized but you still want to see a lot of quick twitch explosion on tape and high end feet and i just don't think i see that explosion with him...add in he's awful finesse and i pass...i've had enough of oversized corners with poor zone awareness ehhh ball skills not great tools for the position and not very willing tacklers...

Tavon Austin should be the pick if available at 12. Trust me bess will be forgotten real quick once you see this kid play in a dolphins uniform. Hoops I love this kid. He's soooo good it's hard to tackle him in a phonebooth.

I am taking a longer look at DJ Fluker. Power guy, but he would be a force in the run game.

well it appears that people are buying in on dj hayden in round 1 now...kipers got him in there...mayock also says he's a 1st rounder...not tnat i put my eggs in what they think but this get hayden later stuff seems to falling off the table...

what are you a mod??? joined the darkside i see...:lol:

We had a roundtable discussion and decided we needed at least one mod who knew anything about football. It came down to Slippery Soap and Slimm, and Slimm won in a tight vote.

I'm coming around to Tavon Austin at #12, the idea of 2 guys with 4.3 speed on the field together is exciting to think about. but will Philbin and Ireland really consider a WR in the 1st? given the signings at WR

keenan allens pro day today...coming off a knee i wonder if he will be 100 percent on his run...i think he's a fully healthy mid 4.5's or better guy...i expect after today to see allens stock heading up to where it belongs...

How would you feel about Dee Milliner, if they traded up?

How would you feel about Dee Milliner, if they traded up?

i would only trade up for a corner if i felt like he was a very rare prospect...and i don't think milliner is that...i don't think he's the level coming out that patrick peterson and claiborne were in years prior...i'd rate them both higher as prospects apples to apples

especially into the top 6...he's not that rare to warrant it...

love robert alford - in order to be drafted that high as a small school prospect you need to leap off the screen - he does just that - dominates the competition. love his athleticism, versatility (he can play the boundaries and the slot), and ability to be a difference maker in the PR game. (not sold thigpen is our guy for PR. KR, yes.) I would be thrilled with him at either 2nd round selection.

Back
Top Bottom