Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

- Philly will draft Geno Smith
- Buffalo will draft Matt Barkley
- Pittsburgh will draft Jarvis Jones
- Patriots will draft Justin Hunter

- Philly will draft Geno Smith
- Buffalo will draft Matt Barkley
- Pittsburgh will draft Jarvis Jones
- Patriots will draft Justin Hunter

I could see all of that. I was very tempted to say barkleys a top 10 pick but I wonder about his arm in those buffalo winds. They just let go fitz who had a similar arm. I think barkleys a wco qb

Pretty simple on the geno smith front. I knew after I watched him spin it at the combine and more importantly run in the 4.5's that he was going top 10. Not to mention too many teams that need Qbs up there...

Most of the teams in the top 10 that need a QB have solidified that position. KC, Arizona, Buffalo and Oakland all signed or traded for quarterbacks. That's not a coincidence. They know it's a weak group, probably the weakest since 2007. If Philly doesn't take Smith who does?

Jax at #2 is tough but I lean Eric fisher there...it's a tough team to read...

Agreed. The whole draft is hard to read. The only stupid thing one can do is make definitive statements about what this team or that team is doing. It's all just speculation. My understanding is that even Jeff Ireland's staff doesn't know exactly what his plans are. If they did then I would know (not that I would say :lol:). But they're just guessing, too. A few weeks back they were guessing Austin. Now they're guessing Milliner or Johnson.

Jacksonville could go a few different ways and it wouldn't shock me at all. They need a corner. They could even take Smith. I think their GM just came out and said they narrowed their decision making on #2 by deciding on the direction they want their franchise to go. It's easy to read too much into that but that's not the kind of comment that says "offensive lineman" to me.

Philly a hard read. think with the young olbs they have it won't be Jordan...they could trade out as well to a team coming up for an OT or geno smith..

Maybe. But Chip Kelly coached Jordan. That's always a factor. They're a reasonable bet to take Milliner as well, after letting their top three corners leave town.

That would probably be the worst scenario from this FO's perspective. Milliner goes @ 4. Johnson goes 5. Now there's nobody they want to trade up for. That could very well lead to Rhodes being the pick @ 12.

Then again, a trade up to #4 isn't out of the question, either. I heard a rumor that would indicate we're at least exploring it (unlike the Oakland rumor, which came from Oakland).

Most of the teams in the top 10 that need a QB have solidified that position. KC, Arizona, Buffalo and Oakland all signed or traded for quarterbacks. That's not a coincidence. They know it's a weak group, probably the weakest since 2007. If Philly doesn't take Smith who does?

Agreed. The whole draft is hard to read. The only stupid thing one can do is make definitive statements about what this team or that team is doing. Jacksonville could go a few different ways and it wouldn't shock me at all. They need a corner. They could even take Smith. I think their GM just came out and said they narrowed their decision making on #2 by deciding on the direction they want their franchise to go. It's easy to read too much into that but that's not the kind of comment that says "offensive lineman" to me.

Maybe. But Chip Kelly coached Jordan. That's always a factor. They're a reasonable bet to take Milliner as well, after letting their top three corners leave town.

That would probably be the worst scenario from this FO's perspective. Milliner goes @ 4. Johnson goes 5. Now there's nobody they want to trade up for. That could very well lead to Rhodes being the pick @ 12.

Then again, a trade up to #4 isn't out of the question, either. There's stuff out there to say we're at least exploring it.

I do not believe that any of those teams who brought in vets other than Oakland are out on qb in the top 10 automatically. Not Arizona not buffalo not even the New York jets if they can pawn off Sanchez. Even Cleveland at #6 could do something there. The vet signings and incumbents given the low cap hits on these rookie qbs tells me don't rule any of em auto out

I could see all of that. I was very tempted to say barkleys a top 10 pick but I wonder about his arm in those buffalo winds. They just let go fitz who had a similar arm. I think barkleys a wco qb

Those are the only 4 I have any confidence in. Haha.

I do not believe that any of those teams who brought in vets other than Oakland are out on qb in the top 10 automatically. Not Arizona not buffalo not even the New York jets if they can pawn off Sanchez. Even Cleveland at #6 could do something there. The vet signings and incumbents given the low cap hits on these rookie qbs tells me don't rule any of em auto out

I disagree pretty strongly. Especially with including the Jets in that list because the condition you've made for them is self evidently impossible to satisfy.

I disagree pretty strongly. Especially with including the Jets in that list because the condition you've made for them is self evidently impossible to satisfy.

The jets are trying to pawn Sanchez in the revis deal with Tampa. Want Tampa to take on his salary. Basically a dump. Part of what is holding up the negotiations for revis

The jets are trying to pawn Sanchez in the revis deal with Tampa. Want Tampa to take on his salary. Basically a dump. Part of what is holding up the negotiations for revis

Yeah, no kidding. Does anyone expect Tampa to do that, though?

Yeah, no kidding. Does anyone expect Tampa to do that, though?

Well the word seems to be they can cut him if they take him on. I'm just not sure if they will take an $8 mil hit if they do. I heard the jets will eat $9 mil if they trade him.

I also hear josh freeman has not won over schiano

Well the word seems to be they can cut him if they take him on. I'm just not sure if they will take an $8 mil hit if they do. I heard the jets will eat $9 mil if they trade him.

I also hear josh freeman has not won over schiano

I don't think I've ever heard of a trade where a team took on a troubled asset just to help the trading team out financially. Not ever. Happens all the time in other sports without hard salary caps, but not football.

Wouldn't shock me that Freeman hasn't won over Schiano. Not a bit. But what does Sanchez have to do with that? Am I supposed to buy he likes him?

It's not a credible theory, imo. Just isn't. It's possible, you know... anything's possible. But not really worth discussing. If you're using that to bolster the argument that the Jets are in the Geno Smith sweepstakes that's pretty weak sauce.

I don't think I've ever heard of a trade where a team took on a troubled asset just to help the trading team out financially. Not ever. Happens all the time in other sports without hard salary caps, but not football.

Wouldn't shock me that Freeman hasn't won over Schiano. Not a bit. But what does Sanchez have to do with that? Am I supposed to buy he likes him?

It's not a credible theory, imo. Just isn't. It's possible, you know... anything's possible. But not really worth discussing. If you're using that to bolster the argument that the Jets are in the Geno Smith sweepstakes that's pretty weak sauce.

What? It is weak sauce to say that if the jets are able to lose Sanchez as a throw in for revis who they really really covet that they very well could be in the qb market with a top 10 pick? No it's not. I'd say it is unlikely they can dump him on someone but if they are hell bent on landing revis it is possible.

If you disagree with me on what jax at #2 is gonna do or Philly at #4 I get it. They are the toughest reads in the top 7 for sure. I'm not sure I go along with your Philly and geno smith thing nor any Miami is considering trading up for milliner theories either...

By the way has Miami ever even met with dee milliner? If we have I sure haven't heard about it. And I would put the odds Ireland trades up say to pick 6 for a guy they never have spent time with at nil. Would seem to be the exact opposite of the way he does things to me. I know we have met with Rhodes lane Johnson and tavon Austin

Back
Top Bottom