hooshoops coors light cold hard nfl draft day facts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hooshoops coors light cold hard nfl draft day facts

just in case there's any doubt i like daniel thomas more than delone carter...i had thomas my 3rd-4th rated back...i just wish we kept that 5th rounder and we could have gotten a big downhill back with limited speed later

thats all

Steelers, Seahawks, and the 49ers. So 3 times in the past 10 years. Maybe 4 if you consider Robert Gallery, but he was selected to play tackle but failed and plays guard now.

name em... the players in the top 15??? and no not drafted tackles playing guard now like gallery cause they flopped at tackle...name em

name em... the players in the top 15??? and no not drafted tackles playing guard now like gallery cause they flopped at tackle...name em
My bad I thought it said top 20 as that has been your cutoff limit all through the off-season as your lower limit for drafting interior O-line. We drafted an interior O-Line prospect the highest one has ever been selected in the past 10 years :bobdole:, and he's not even the best interior o-line prospect of that group :bobdole::bobdole:
And he is the highest drafted interior o-line prospect since Ruben Brown who was drafted in 1995. :bobdole::bobdole::bobdole:

My bad I thought it said top 20 as that has been your cutoff limit all through the off-season as your lower limit for drafting interior O-line. We drafted an interior O-Line prospect the highest one has ever been selected in the past 10 years :bobdole:, and he's not even the best interior o-line prospect of that group :bobdole::bobdole:
And he is the highest drafted interior o-line prospect since Ruben Brown who was drafted in 1995. :bobdole::bobdole::bobdole:

top 20 still is my cutoff limit and i'm aware teams have done it...i still don't think its good value...but thats just me

Pouncey is the highest center taken since 1993, I believe, not the highest interior line prospect.

That honor goes to Leonard Davis, who was the #2 overall pick in 2002 and started at guard his first three seasons before briefly moving out to tackle and then back to guard.

Pouncey is the highest center taken since 1993, I believe, not the highest interior line prospect.

That honor goes to Leonard Davis, who was the #2 overall pick in 2002 and started at guard his first three seasons before briefly moving out to tackle and then back to guard.
But he played Tackle at Texas, so that doesn't really count.

2011 - #15 Mike Pouncey
2011 - #23 Danny Watkins
2010 - #17 Mike Iupati
2010 - #18 Maurkice Pouncey
2009 - #21 Alex Mack
2009 - #28 Eric Wood
2007 - #29 Ben Grubbs
2006 - #23 Davin Joseph
2006 - #29 Nick Mangold
2005 - #26 Chris Spencer
2005 - #32 Logan Mankins
2003 - #21 Jeff Faine
2002 - #30 Kendall Simmons
2001 - #17 Steve Hutchinson

those are all the interior OL drafted in round 1 since 2000. the success rate it pretty good, but it's still not an area i prefer to spend such a high pick on.

But he played Tackle at Texas, so that doesn't really count.

Yes it does, since they projected him to guard and he ultimately played there. I don't, to use another example, consider Brandon Albert to have been drafted as a guard, since the Chiefs took him to play left tackle and that's where he's played. Same principle.

Yes it does, since they projected him to guard and he ultimately played there. I don't, to use another example, consider Brandon Albert to have been drafted as a guard, since the Chiefs took him to play left tackle and that's where he's played. Same principle.

they didn't draft him #2 overall to play guard though...leonard davis was drafted as a tackle...i'm pretty sure of that...

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

2011 - #15 Mike Pouncey
2011 - #23 Danny Watkins
2010 - #17 Mike Iupati
2010 - #18 Maurkice Pouncey
2009 - #21 Alex Mack
2009 - #28 Eric Wood
2007 - #29 Ben Grubbs
2006 - #23 Davin Joseph
2006 - #29 Nick Mangold
2005 - #26 Chris Spencer
2005 - #32 Logan Mankins
2003 - #21 Jeff Faine
2002 - #30 Kendall Simmons
2001 - #17 Steve Hutchinson

those are all the interior OL drafted in round 1 since 2000. the success rate it pretty good, but it's still not an area i prefer to spend such a high pick on.

and what does that show you for the most part...the top interior line prospects value in the draft usually falls in the 20's...

Maybe I'm an easy grader, but if you nail the player and the spot but there's a trade out, I give half credit. You done well, Hoops.

Hoos, that was phenomenal. Major props. Even your misses were slight and actually pretty logical. I don't think you were "way off" about anything. Impressive.

I wasn't happy with getting stuck with Pouncey at 15 but who else could we have taken at that spot that would be able to contribute to the team as much as he would?

I'm sure we tried to move down but there were no takers so we did what made the most sense for the team.

BTW, major props on your projections. That's as close to spot-on as you can get when it comes to the draft.

I wasn't happy with getting stuck with Pouncey at 15 but who else could we have taken at that spot that would be able to contribute to the team as much as he would?
The QB that was #1 on New England's Draft Board

The QB that was #1 on New England's Draft Board

Mallett at 15 sounded great before the draft. Now, not so much. If NE didn't draft him, he probably would of fell out of the 3rd round as well. Obviously, teams knew more than we did to fall that far. Still would of much preferred him with our 2nd rounder though.

I'm sure we tried to move down but there were no takers so we did what made the most sense for the team.

BTW, major props on your projections. That's as close to spot-on as you can get when it comes to the draft.

Mark Ingram

Ireland admitted to never picking up the phone to even find out if we could work out deals.

Hooshoops: You were money. Nice work.

Back
Top Bottom