Hope I'm welcome | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hope I'm welcome

Well to this point I have not met a single pats fan that is tolerable much less likable. Welcome all the same and I know the smack will fall and every positive post about the fins will be retorted, spat at, laughed at and discounted by any means availible. But We all love a good shouting match every now and again. Welcome

Mr. Frodo..he's a friend...

Welcome Elvis..we certainly appreciate your attention to the greatest NFL fans site around..."choking sound..golum...golum" We hates the Patsies..they haves the precious...gives us the precious..or we smacks and gnaws on the Patsies boneses" No...Not Elvis..hes our friend..he wouldnt come on our web site and talk smack...."choking sound...." Kills the Patsies says I...crush their wimpy bodies into mashes....

Uh....oh sorry about that. I have this little inner friend that cant stand the #$%^& Patriots..but Ill try to keep him under control....."hack..spit...Golum..Golum"...Die Patsies!!!!

welcome ...just wondering, you a m*******? - did my undergrad up in mass - where you from elvis?

Have great admiration for the Pats org.(And yes envy).I believe their system is the wave of the future.Why?Let me count the ways.

1.Cap Management - The Pats are in an enviable position to trade superstars when they become too expensive or problematic.Why ?Because they always have a backup ready to step into the position.Why-because they accumalate draft picks and FA who they can prepare for starting jobs.Also the Pats only acquire players who score high on the Wonderlic test which gives them a better chance to learn.

In todays cap environment its not smart to have overly high priced players on your team.Just look at Indy who had to give up on 5 starters just to re-sign Payton Manning.Is the team any better.I dont think so.

2.Draft-Due to their accumated draft picks they are the only team that can draft tweeners and projects as they can wait until those players are ready to play.It helps being able to identify future starters such as Brady which they got for a 6th pick.

3.Coaching- Ability to adapt and be creative during a game.I admire the riverboat gambling they exhibit at times.,More like calculated risks that seem to work out most of the time.

4.Luck-There is fair amount of luck to their success but as some philosopher once said 'Its better to be lucky than smart'

I sincerely hope we can hire Scott Pioli away from you sometime if our existing regime continues its mediocre trend.:cry:

Nice. Thanks for the welcome. Its no accident that I found this site. Its top shelf, props to the finheaven community. :)

Just wanted to answer a couple of questions. BTW, the LoTR preciousssss Super Bowl ring post was funny. heh

1. What do I think of our chances of repeating? Everyone will be gunning for us, and as BB points out, the schedule sucks as defending champs. Not the opponent quality so much, but all the TV BS you have to deal with, i.e. Monday night games, Thursday night games and resulting short preparation weeks, etc. etc. But this team is stacked and has gotten much younger and deeper thanks to the draft. So they are in a much better position to repeat than 2002, when, I will admit, they were not that good. Not sure the Phins, Bills, or Jets did enough to catch up this year. I wouldn't doubt they are really looking more beyond this year. But can't tell the fans this, need to sell tix. :)

2. I live 5 miles south of Foxboro, in Plainville MA. Since they run camp in Foxboro now, I get to see a lot of it.

I do think the Phins are the biggest threat to the Pats. Their schedule seems favorable, and as always, with a fast, dominating D such as you have, you will win games. And defense wins championships of course. The key for the Phins is Feeley. If he's lightning in a bottle as Brady has turned out to be, thats scary. If he's not... Doesn't look as good.

The Jets are way too soft on D and didn't (or couldn't) do enough to get any better. The Bills have a new coach, and although the D is good, they are rebuilding, even if they don't know it yet. :evil:

Anyway, thanks again. Looking forward to talking and seeing some good football in 2004!

nice to see a Pats fan pick on the jets and bills:)

Welcome, and we'll enjoy your comments on this site

Back
Top Bottom