Hot QB Garbage | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot QB Garbage

this. Rule changes have killed the sport. The possibility of anyone winning it all is pretty much dead. Those QBs wouldn’t sniff the Lombardi today - either would Simms, Hosenfefeer, theisman, Rypien etc. Goodell can rot in hell.

The NFL competition committee comprised of 2 owners, 2 team presidents, 3 GM's and 3 head coaches is in charge of rule changes which than must be approved by 24 of 32 Owners.

The NFL competition committee comprised of 2 owners, 2 team presidents, 3 GM's and 3 head coaches is in charge of rule changes which than must be approved by 24 of 32 Owners.
Yes - they need to stop ****ing w things. My guess is the NFL rule book is like an encyclopedia as compared to the other big sports. Too many rules. Too many stoppages and zebra conferences. I must say - not sure if the stats will support it - that it felt like the refs swallowed their whistles so far in the playoffs.

By the way I don't know how true this is but someone said that gase said that Matt Burke would be back next season has anyone heard that for sure?

Defense wins championships, we must get better on D in both pass rush and lb.
True, Hoping Harris will get better. 1 sack is not the direction I was hoping for. Don't look good.

Super impressed with Goff and he rarely saw the field.

A lot of crappy QBs in the post season this year - Tyron, Bortles, Foles, Keenum and some guys who are mediocre or unproven yet like Goff and Smith.

Really you just have Big Ben, Brady and Brees as truly elite QBs out of 12 teams - so much has had to do w QB injuries this season. I’d be shocked if one of those 3 doesn’t win it.

I used to support the argument that a great D and avg QB could get it done - with the rules so tilted toward the pass game I don’t think the Dilfers and heck even Flacco’s can win the SB anymore.

Need to mess w the rules to walk this back in order to keep the product interesting.

The easy way to fix this, in my opinion, is to eliminate the ridiculous and antiquated spot foul pass interference rule. Make it a ten or fifteen yard penalty and an automatic first down. Being a spot foul is way to penal in this modern era of the passing offense NFL. Maybe in the 70's when the league was struggling to provide excitement in the passing game it made sense, but right now that rule is absurd. The saddest about it though, is that it isn't even discussed as a possibility of changing. This rule has made the game a farce. It's almost like watching WWE wrestling.

Back
Top Bottom