Hot QB Garbage | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot QB Garbage

Dak Prescott last season vs this season is an instructive argument for prioritizing of building an above average and durable OL. (and having a world class RB to hand off to doesn't hurt either)

tannehill top 5 from clean pocket.jpg

Romo didn't exactly light it up himself come playoff time.
In the 6 playoff games he played in, he completed 61% of his passes and 8 touchdown passes to 2 interceptions. Believe it or not, his rating in the postseason is 4 points higher than Brady's. He did have a couple of spectacular end of the game failures but had a rep as a choker that probably wasn't deserved.

A few years ago all four road teams won the opening round playoff games. I think it was 2015. You had quarterbacks like Rodgers, Wilson and Roethlisberger on the road. I forget who the other one was. That was when I threw out my traditional playoff betting system because the career YPPA Differential numbers did not match up with the numbers from 2015. I'm glad I did. Otherwise I would have had a flock of losers.

Normally those wild card games are more like today. I love games like Buffalo vs. Jacksonville because there is some similarity to the NFL I grew up with. Wonderfully physical and defensive minded. But while watching games like that it's impossible to ignore the reality of what an elite quarterback would do if placed in the same game. Those guys may command the salary of 3-4 top tier players. They are worth more like 8-10 salaries.

Nothing is a similar substitute.

In the 6 playoff games he played in, he completed 61% of his passes and 8 touchdown passes to 2 interceptions. Believe it or not, his rating in the postseason is 4 points higher than Brady's. He did have a couple of spectacular end of the game failures but had a rep as a choker that probably wasn't deserved.

In the 3rd and 4th QTR for Romo's his 6 playoff games he had a QB rating of 75.3 down from his 93.0 rating , a 2.5 int% (up from 1.1%), and a 1.3 TD% (down from 4.3%)
In the 3rd and 4th QTR for Brady he had a QB rating of 89.7 up from 89.0 rating (albeit not much), a 2.3 int% (unchanged) and a 4.7 TD% (down from 4.8%)

I like Tony Romo and feel he was underrated but maybe it was a little bit deserved.

I hope bills fans enjoyed that playoff showing because without a qb it was completely worthless. Enjoy that 2nd place schedule and climb for a qb from 22ish.

At least Jax has a top 5 d to make it exciting even if the qb has a play caller that doesn’t trust him at all and has resorted to playing cam newton as a ball carrier

New England has to be laughing at the afc road to tbe super bowl.

I hope bills fans enjoyed that playoff showing because without a qb it was completely worthless. Enjoy that 2nd place schedule and climb for a qb from 22ish.

At least Jax has a top 5 d to make it exciting even if the qb has a play caller that doesn’t trust him at all and has resorted to playing cam newton as a ball carrier

New England has to be laughing at the afc road to tbe super bowl.
I think they have two picks #22 and #23 (or it was #21 and 22) plus two 2nd rounders. They might package their first rounders and a later round pick to move up in the draft.
I think only 3 teams are really in need of a QB in the top 10: Browns, Jets and maybe the Giants (Manning's successor).
Though knowing the Browns they may use both top 5 picks on QBs because...well..they are the Browns. :laugh

For the Bills to move up they either use both #1 picks which could get them Tampa's pick at 7 or they use one 1st round pick but multiple late rounders (not sure which picks they exactly have).

If I am the Browns GM I would trade my #5 pick. Pick the QB at #1 and let the Bills give me multiple picks for my #5 or picks and a player of need. With 4 picks in the first 2 rounds the Bills are in a good position to trade up. Question is will they find a trading partner.

Bills aren’t moving far with that package

Good d exploits all Tyrods pocket play holes in his game. I give them credit for knowing that already thus benching Taylor like they did but now it’s an uphill climb to get in position for one.

Only thing I’d do with the bills assets offer is use it for leverage with other teams.

Mayfield may come to them same for Rudolph and Jackson. So maybe they luck out. I wouldn’t bet my nfl life on any of tbem as it stands

Watching BUF-JAX should tell all. Defense, defense, defense. That should be our priority in the next two drafts.

Fit a TE and RB in there and we're set.

I think I agree. You build an elite defense (not easy I know) and a very strong running game then I think even a guy like Tannehill could bring us a trophy. Not that any of that is easy to do though.

The fix for our oline can be done. First in round 1 draft the monster Guard from Notre Dame, Quenton Nelson. In round 2 draft Ohio State C/G Billy Price. Price is a plug and play guard day one and Pouncey's backup/successor. Open with Tunsil, Nelson, Pouncey, Price and James. We have depth behind these guys on the team already. Guys like Asiata, Jake Brendel, and Anthony Steen are quality depth imo. If we move on from James we've seen Jesse Davis play pretty well at RT. I think oline has to be handled because the fan base isn't going to put up with another year of the oline being submarginal. On top of that, we have Tannehill returning from serious injury and we don't need to get him reinjured. I hope this new oline Coach Washburn brings some badly need disipline and toughness to this group. Imagine running through holes created by Nelson and Tunsil on the left side, Drake would think he died and went to heaven.

Back
Top Bottom