How bout it? Melvin Gordon, RB, WISC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How bout it? Melvin Gordon, RB, WISC

Would Melvin Gordon be your ideal pick? If not, choose and explain below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm fine with drafting Gordon. Won't happen, but I'd be pleased.

I like Gordon a lot, I just think there's to many other options to get a good RB, to use a high pick on him. his anticipation of where running lanes are going to be is second to none, I'm just not sure if the rest of the package warrants a top draft pick especially with so many other options.

We can trade a late pick for a guy like Doug Martin, or get someone like Mark Ingram in free agency. And in the draft you'll be able to land other rbs like Duke Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Abdullah, Coleman or Yeldon much later than Gordon will be drafted.

IMO if your going to use a top 15 pick on a RB, you need to be Convinced your getting Jamal Charles level player back.

you cant lose with Gordon but RB help can be found in many spots and many Rb theses days are late picks or even undaftred.

I am not a big WR guy in first rd. but if Kevin White is there. you take him.

my list is starting to look like Shaq Shelton White DT from FL St any cb worth it.

too many other needs that are more harder to find for early results. but I love Gordon.

I voted big WR/TE, but more specifically WR. I think without a doubt there's going to be a solid player with upside available that meets our need of a guy who can get downfield and has a big catch radius. Right now I'd probably rank them Parker, DGB, White and Coates. Coates at the end of the day I think is going to be a very realistic target come draft day. I think this opens up the offense most, gives Tanny more margin for error when throwing downfield and helps alleviate some of our redzone woes.

I voted big WR/TE, but more specifically WR. I think without a doubt there's going to be a solid player with upside available that meets our need of a guy who can get downfield and has a big catch radius. Right now I'd probably rank them Parker, DGB, White and Coates. Coates at the end of the day I think is going to be a very realistic target come draft day. I think this opens up the offense most, gives Tanny more margin for error when throwing downfield and helps alleviate some of our redzone woes.

Coates and white are pretty raw, especially when you consider what this team demands of WRs, And players in general. Coates has a ton of bust potential IMO, and if we've learned anything about philbins preferred WRs, he wants technicians more than raw talent.

I like white better, but as a rule I try to just say no to West Virginia players. Im Not to high on either of them right now, but it's early still.

When was the last time a RB was taken in the 1st round? Hasn't it been 2-3 years? The position has been so devalued that I expect that we can get a good one in the 3rd round or later to rotate with Miller.

If you find an exceptional talent then it doesn't make sense to wait unless there's some reason. "We don't draft RBs in the first" isn't a reason. Gurley's ACL surgery and a slow recovery might be. I think the last first rd RB was Richardson, who isn't near the talent of Gordon, Gurley, Coleman, or maybe even Duke Johnson. I think Gordon is certainly a first rd talent. So is a healthy Gurley. If those are the guys that make your team better you take them.

I think I'm on the Gordon bandwagon now, the more I watch him, the more I think he really is Jamal Charles. I hate drafting a RB early, but I have a hard time seeing anY other rookie having a bigger effect on this team than he does.

We don't really have that offensive threat that can just demolish the Defense single handedly. None of our current offensive guys really ever have those "wow" games. Gordon immediately gives you that kind of threat, and should in perfectly with lazors offense.

I like Miller, and even though he was very productive this year, he seems to run full speed past the line and directly into the first defender he sees. Kind of one of those guys that runs full speed for no damn reason. Gordon on the other hand brings crazy good patience and anticipation, he finds running space where is none.

I want a MLB or Big WR/TE 2nd rd go OL. Love Gordon but I just feel like Wisconsin is built to run and while I think he will be better than Ron Dayne and Montee Ball, I do feel he's a little bit a product of a system back

Great prospect but we have too many other major needs.
Miller looked great today as well, and had a solid year

We definitely need a quality linebacker, but we also need to throw in 2 offenses lineman, along with 2 additions to the secondary, and the quality tight end. Not a lot of room for error :ponder:

I normally believe in not drafting a RB in round 1....however Gordan is very special and a game changer.

With that said....we need a stud receiver badly.

Back
Top Bottom