How bout it? Melvin Gordon, RB, WISC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How bout it? Melvin Gordon, RB, WISC

Would Melvin Gordon be your ideal pick? If not, choose and explain below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted BPA. This team has soooo many needs you could literally pick any position and upgrade it!!!!

I just don't see very many 1st rnd players that will contribute to winning ball games right now, more than Gordon. He looks ready to be a star right away IMO. This is the kind of player Miami hasn't had since Ricky Williams, the guy who wins games by himself.

Ryan Tannehill ended up fifth in yardage and completion percentage and 11th in quarterback rating. Can you imagine what he can do with some more talent around him? We have a decent receiving corps, but nothing like the top teams have. A DaVante Parker, Kevin White, or Devin Funchess could be huge. A back like Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley could get the team an extra couple of first downs a game, keeping drives alive and finishing games. Green Bay, Detroit and Denver were all there for the taking. That's where an elite back could be the difference.

You mention talent around him, but if he could just stay upright more he'd be more productive with what he has. This team doesn't really have a problem with skill players (though a big fast WR would be sweet). It does have a problem with the interior line. Fixing that makes a whole lot of other things better in a rush. Personally I think you address the line with free agents ala Orlando Franklin, but if La'el Collins is there I'd be hard pressed to pass on him in the draft.

I am so torn. I think Gordon might be the best player in the draft, but RB's have value later. Does the team take a position of more need though Gordon might make more of a difference? I am not sure.

I guess I have some time to think about it. The kid is a great person and a leader. Can score from anywhere. He and Miller would be tough.

I am so torn. I think Gordon might be the best player in the draft, but RB's have value later. Does the team take a position of more need though Gordon might make more of a difference? I am not sure.

I guess I have some time to think about it. The kid is a great person and a leader. Can score from anywhere. He and Miller would be tough.

We've been doing that tactic for years, and its got us no where, because no matter what, you'll always have positions to fill, no matter what you do in the off season, no matter how good you are, you'll have holes.

But you need the talent to overcome those weaknesses, And we haven't had that.

No team or fan has ever said, thank god we filled that position instead of drafting Dez Bryant, Jamal Charles, etc. Those guys will win ball games for you, position fillers will help keep you from losing. To me, he's that level of player.

We've been doing that tactic for years, and its got us no where, because no matter what, you'll always have positions to fill, no matter what you do in the off season, no matter how good you are, you'll have holes.

But you need the talent to overcome those weaknesses, And we haven't had that.

No team or fan has ever said, thank god we filled that position instead of drafting Dez Bryant, Jamal Charles, etc. Those guys will win ball games for you, position fillers will help keep you from losing. To me, he's that level of player.

At the same time, how much better is Gordon than other RB's that will go in the 3rd and 4th round? He is better, no question. However, statistically the difference could be very little.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Gordon. However, when there are needed and quality DT's and WR's abound, do you take them as "better value".

Tough call at this point in January.

Fix the line and have Gordon and Miller run the ball. Maybe that could be a formula.

I love the kid. Most talented player in the draft.

i see Jamal Charles all day long in this kid, he is an absolute clone of Charles, you know the Dolphins would never draft a Superstar RB in round 1, we will run a pick up to the table that will have all our heads spinning, i can see it now.

Hayden, would Nick Marshall be of any value as a late round flier to replace Matt Moore?

Back
Top Bottom