How bout it? Melvin Gordon, RB, WISC | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How bout it? Melvin Gordon, RB, WISC

Would Melvin Gordon be your ideal pick? If not, choose and explain below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If a any RB moves into the top 14 we have one more very good player made available to us but if he is there at #14 ~ i for one pull the trigger

IMHO, if he is gone our D could use someone DOWN the middle NT/DT/MLB/Safety ~ build a D from inside out

it depends on what miami does in free agency as to how i'd feel about this one...i mean we are talking about a back that projects in the 208 range as a ball carrier and with that torso i dont think even 5 more lbs would be carried very well...he looks maxed out body wise for weight gain to me...gonna run late 4.4's low 4.5 maybe lower if he cuts weight prior to the combine to run fast...i'll say 4.48

he's much more polished than any of the other skill position options miami will be looking at come that pick though...

The thing that sticks out to me is his vision. The guy seems to know exactly where the hole will open up before it's even there.

Nothing is gonna matter if we don't get better depth on both lines - every year since Dan and we wear out by the 3/4 mark - at least Gordon hits the home run and Lamar slides into no. 2 where he will honestly Excell

it depends on what miami does in free agency as to how i'd feel about this one...i mean we are talking about a back that projects in the 208 range as a ball carrier and with that torso i dont think even 5 more lbs would be carried very well...he looks maxed out body wise for weight gain to me...gonna run late 4.4's low 4.5 maybe lower if he cuts weight prior to the combine to run fast...i'll say 4.48

he's much more polished than any of the other skill position options miami will be looking at come that pick though...

I dunno about this whole torso thing...

Gordon is very impressive, but I think you have to consider who is doing the drafting. Joe Philbin does not believe in running the ball, and Hickey is drafting guys for Joe.

Gordon is very impressive, but I think you have to consider who is doing the drafting. Joe Philbin does not believe in running the ball, and Hickey is drafting guys for Joe.

Says who....and who's calling the plays? When we had Knowshon healthy we ran the heck out of the ball. I think the issue is more with Lamar Miller and the fact that the more he carries the ball the more likely he is to leave the game with some type of injury.

Says who....and who's calling the plays? When we had Knowshon healthy we ran the heck out of the ball. I think the issue is more with Lamar Miller and the fact that the more he carries the ball the more likely he is to leave the game with some type of injury.

Says what I've seen with two offensive coordinators in three years, and Mike Sherman's comments in year one. One game in which we pounded the rock versus three years of being wacky pass-happy makes me think this is just an issue where the staff doesn't believe in it.

However, if we draft Gordon, and we actually give him 20 carries a game that's different. I'd be on board with that!

As much as I like Gordon,Does anyone really see Gordon getting past the Giants?

No...I seriously doubt he gets to us.....but what shocks me is people who would pass on a special football player like this....particullarly for some big stiff DT we can probably find in the 4th round(Soliai's round).

You won't find a Melvin Gordon then.

Moreno ran 24 times vs. NE in the opener. No other Dolphins RB had that many carries all year. It isn't b/c Miller wasn't successful, he had the 3rd best YPC average in the NFL. They just never ran him as much as Moreno in Week 1.

he's listed at 208 at that size he's not gonna be a 20 carry per game back i dont think...and with miller here the likely break down would be 15 to gordon and 10 to miller and that's probably ideal for miller but keep in mind millers 220 and joes not gonna just not give him run coming off his 2014 performance

obviously a gordon miller and williams combo would be a very good one but there still isn't the short yardage conversion guy or goalline jam it in guy...although in this o with as much as we put the ball in the backfield anyways on short yardage and rarely work from under center in it i guess that doesnt matter to much

so is a 15 carry a game gordon worth a top 15 pick for you??? or is that big wr this team needs so much with upside that needs time the better play despite the obvious risks given the rawness??? kind of thing you got ask yourself

the other part of this is whats harder to find with a top pick the physical size wr we need with physical tools or the back??? i know the answer to that one

just playing devils advocate here...i think the boards gonna say the wr with the talent is the smarter play at 14 and then the back can be found in round 2 or 3 should you go that route..i dont just want a big wr i want one that can run also and separate...they're rare...the ones that cant separate bust and the late round guys that can't run i mean the hit rate on that is rediculously low...you'll bust 20 times more than you'll hit or you'll end up with some end man on the 53 or marginal pro career guy that you always look to upgrade...the nfl grave yard is littered with those kind of guys stiff hipped straight linish types pedestrian speed

just think we a have much bigger needs right now. really like the guy but we need g,dt, lb, cb, big wr a lot worse

Coates and white are pretty raw, especially when you consider what this team demands of WRs, And players in general. Coates has a ton of bust potential IMO, and if we've learned anything about philbins preferred WRs, he wants technicians more than raw talent.

I like white better, but as a rule I try to just say no to West Virginia players. Im Not to high on either of them right now, but it's early still.
Ah, the Pat White syndrome (also known as the Tavon Austin/Stedman Bailey effect in St Louis and the Geno Smith draft-itis in NYC). It can be very seductive and even made an experienced draft know-it-all legend like the Big Tuna a little giddy, but it is dangerous to a team's playoff chances. Bill Belichick grew up watching the Waltons on TV and loves a good Morgantown accent but has learned to be polite but firm and just says no to West Virginians. They look great in the highlight videos but disappear when required in the NFL.

Gordon looked incredible in the Bowl game. Auburn knew he was getting the ball but they just couldn't stop him. It's a pity that we have so many other holes to fill but he looks a terrific prospect.

Back
Top Bottom