How bout it? Melvin Gordon, RB, WISC | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How bout it? Melvin Gordon, RB, WISC

Would Melvin Gordon be your ideal pick? If not, choose and explain below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ryan Tannehill ended up fifth in yardage and completion percentage and 11th in quarterback rating. Can you imagine what he can do with some more talent around him? We have a decent receiving corps, but nothing like the top teams have. A DaVante Parker, Kevin White, or Devin Funchess could be huge. A back like Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley could get the team an extra couple of first downs a game, keeping drives alive and finishing games. Green Bay, Detroit and Denver were all there for the taking. That's where an elite back could be the difference.

Thats what I have been screaming..lol The Fins ran the ball pretty well this year but the problem was that they couldn't run it when they needed to.. An elite RB would have helped salt away son of those loses.. In all our loses we had a chance at the end of almost all the games.. Look no further then the two superbowl teams.. Both could run when they needed to..

Lazor would have no excuses to not run the ball.

wtf did we stop running the ball when successful?

I was leaning towards DT if Suh wasn't in the equation....because I felt the really good DT's would be gone after round one.

With Suh in the fold...I am wanting an offensive playmaker...either an elite receiver or Gordon/Gurley.

We can use all the other picks on everything else.

I agree, the drop off on talent p/position isn't as steep after the top 2 as in the RB position, where there are 2 once-in -a decade talents available, thats what's tilting my taste. In other positions, there are options in the Rd2-4 range that could prove to be starters. But those 2 backs are special, bottom line, and could be the difference in close games.We have 7 picks as of 3/13, we can get (Hickey, Tabmm, Joe) 6 players who could potentially start or could add depth. But a once in a a decade talent? That's what those 2 RB's are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have ANY kind of depth after LMiller? No, Williams is unproven and unspectacular to say the least, and DT is a slow-moving statue. LMiller goes down, and we have NOBODY. Now, Miller has broken daylight once, and has proven serviceable and effective, but he's not Elite, far from it. He is a nice compliment, another weapon. We have access to a CANNON of a weapon, a chance to have an offensive talent who's potential is, to be the focus of the offense. "Jamaal Charles" type potential. We got one in D, we have a franchise QB, now its time for the killer punch, get Gordon!

Drafting a RB in the first round would be a luxury pick. The fins have nothing at MLB,FS and they really need a CB opposite Grimes. They also need to draft a OG. Enough of the waver wire rejects and over the hill castoffs. They have little to no depth at many positions.

It's not a luxury pick. It's a freaking need. You need to be able to run the football, and you need to be able to score points. We are not that great at either when we really need to do it.

We need a great running back just as much as we need a mike, free safety, or offensive lineman. It's an absolute need.

It's not a luxury pick. It's a freaking need. You need to be able to run the football, and you need to be able to score points. We are not that great at either when we really need to do it.

We need a great running back just as much as we need a mike, free safety, or offensive lineman. It's an absolute need.

The fins had a thousand yard rusher last year. Running the ball isn't an issue. MLB, FS, OL and CB are issues !

Lamar Miller's 1000 yard season was what I call 'fake hustle'. He greatly benefited off the scheme.

When we needed to run, and teams team knew we were running, we couldn't do it. There's also a reason Miller only averages like 12 caries a game. Dude gets dinged up in games A LOT. He can't handle the workload. We need a HORSE.

Lamar Miller's 1000 yard season was what I call 'fake hustle'. He greatly benefited off the scheme.

When we needed to run, and teams team knew we were running, we couldn't do it. There's also a reason Miller only averages like 12 caries a game. Dude gets dinged up in games A LOT. He can't handle the workload. We need a HORSE.

When you look at the horrible O-line Miller was running behind. Its a miracle he got 1099 yards, nothing "fake" about it. He would have had more if the Defense could have got off the field.

When you look at the horrible O-line Miller was running behind. Its a miracle he got 1099 yards, nothing "fake" about it. He would have had more if the Defense could have got off the field.

Miller ran through some pretty nice holes. He'll be a really nice compliment to whomever Miami drafts to start, but Miller can't carry the load of a starting RB, and he can't get you the tough yards you need from a starting RB. I hope that FO understands this about Miller. He's been in Miami long enough.

Gordon is one.of the better college rbs i have ever been able to watch. He seems to make it look real easy. No doubt in my mind that he will be a difference maker in the Nfl. I havent said that about to many players. I remember thinking the same thing about Big Ben and Jarvis Landry some people just have an extra amount of special and will succeed in any circumstance

I wouldn't take Gordon at # 14, not when we have Lamar Miller. We have much bigger needs

Interesting that a month ago Gurley was considered to fall to the very end of the 1st round and Melvin was the best back available in the draft. Now Gurley has been considered as high as #6 and Melvin isn't looking to be picked until the mid-late 20's?

Interesting how things change as the draft gets closer and closer. I'm still all for it though.

Take Melvin Gordon, and then draft a WR in the later rounds (I love Rashad Greene as a lot WR for us - reminds me of Ryan Swope for T-Hill) - as far as having that guy who is fearless over the middle.

Surround T-Hill with weapons. Gordon/WR in round 2.

As you can see, I have changed my mind since I wrote that early post.

I am all for Melvin Gordon at 14. With Jennings and two more good CB's in FA, Gordon gives us huge one two punch and he has the right attitude to get even better.

What I find rediculous is the notion he doesn't run with power or that because he is 215 lbs. that somehow he is not what we need.
Now Congemi and Blowmar pushing tevon Coleman at 206 after saying Gordon is not a power runner. So you can see the dance that goes on and it's all about wanting another player but I will tell you now, if Gordon goes to a playoff team in afc we are screwed. I think San Diego is all over him.

Back
Top Bottom