How far away is the 4th WR in the draft ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far away is the 4th WR in the draft ?

Geordie

Club Member
Reaction score
Chris Olave seems to be that guy from what I've seen:

How far off the big 3 is he ?

My understanding is that Chase, Smith and Waddle are considered the "Tier 1" receivers, while Olave and a few others are "Tier 2" type receivers. I am not sure what that means but someone else probably can give better info here.

Toney is another guy who is seemingly moving up. Haven't seen a lot of him, but I did check out his highlights recently.

He's really good at making people miss, a high YAC guy. Can stop and start on a dime, a little like Grant in that regard. A smaller target, though.

I would put Marshall as the #4 guy. Playing at LSU he's gone up against better competition than Bateman and has dominated. I like St. Brown from USC as well.

I have Olave in Tier 3 with R. Moore, K. Toney, T. Wallace, and D. Brown. I have T. Marshall, R. Bateman, and E. Moore in Tier 2. I'd be happy to add Olave, but I'd be extremely disappointed if he's the best WR Miami adds.
Would like your thoughts on Toney? Would he be a good fit for Miami, or is he too much like Perry, Grant and Bowden. I know he has some similarities to those guys. I think he's a better prospect than all of them, though.

Sage Surratt is kind of interesting. He's not a separation guy, which is what Miami needs. But he's physical and wins those 50/50's. If the Dolphins could get him in the 3rd round, or even at 2b, I think the value is there.

I'd definitely be looking to revamp the wide receiver group in Miami. Meaning, I'd draft two fairly high. Get a guy who can separate and a more physical guy.

Would like your thoughts on Toney? Would he be a good fit for Miami, or is he too much like Perry, Grant and Bowden. I know he has some similarities to those guys. I think he's a better prospect than all of them, though.

More of a natural receiver than those guys - twitchier and faster than Bowden. He's a super-talente route runner, and he cut out some of the bs in 2020. I like him pretty well and would start considering him at 2a. But, I think he'll go before Elijah Moore, and I prefer E. Moore. Toss up with him and Rondale.

More of a natural receiver than those guys - twitchier and faster than Bowden. He's a super-talente route runner, and he cut out some of the bs in 2020. I like him pretty well and would start considering him at 2a. But, I think he'll go before Elijah Moore, and I prefer E. Moore. Toss up with him and Rondale.
I’ve heard good things about Bateman... if we miss out on “the top 3” how would you feel about adding him then, then another one later?

I’ve heard good things about Bateman... if we miss out on “the top 3” how would you feel about adding him then, then another one later?

Think he's a little boom-bust, but I like his toolbox, and I'd take him after Marshall, but I think he'll go before Marshall - I feel about him vs Marshall the way I do about Toney vs E. Moore. I like them both, but someone else probably likes them better.

Think he's a little boom-bust, but I like his toolbox, and I'd take him after Marshall, but I think he'll go before Marshall - I feel about him vs Marshall the way I do about Toney vs E. Moore. I like them both, but someone else probably likes them better.
I know where you stand on LB vs WR, but i really want Parsons... I hope we can still land Smith or Waddle (id even trade up from 1b) ... and then draft another guy later, but early

in that scenario, where we know we are going to draft 2 wr’s within say, the 1st two or three rounds, would you try adding a veteran receiver too?

im torn, it would be nice to add another experienced receiver but i dont want to go throwing around a huge contract either

Thanks. He looks like another one who can get separation. Some of his movement is pretty unreal.

Hard to judge hands etc. from highlights.

What do you think Miami needs most and who in order are the best fits for that need, not necessary your WR rankings, but Miami specific fits, J-off ? Please :)

What do you think Miami needs most and who in order are the best fits for that need, not necessary your WR rankings, but Miami specific fits, J-off ? Please :)

I think Miami needs guys that can get open when and where they're supposed to be open and guys who can catch the ball. Miami also needs WR's who can get open deep.

My unrealistic, dream scenario would be Allen Robinson, DeVonta Smith, and Jaylen Waddle. My second favorite is Robinson, Smith, and E. Moore. My Sewell at 3 scenario still includes Robinson and Moore, but swap Smith for Waddle or Marshall at 1b.

I think Miami needs guys that can get open when and where they're supposed to be open and guys who can catch the ball. Miami also needs WR's who can get open deep.

My unrealistic, dream scenario would be Allen Robinson, DeVonta Smith, and Jaylen Waddle. My second favorite is Robinson, Smith, and E. Moore. My Sewell at 3 scenario still includes Robinson and Moore, but swap Smith for Waddle or Marshall at 1b.

No interest in Chase J-off, or do you just see Robinson, Smith and Waddle as better fits ? Do you take Smith ahead of Sewell at 3, or are you looking for a trade down ? Where and how do we solve fill our hole at RB ? in that scenario and do you agree with me that LB would be nice to have but we have to fix that O first therefore the top picks should focus on that side of the ball ?

Back
Top Bottom