How far away is the 4th WR in the draft ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far away is the 4th WR in the draft ?

No interest in Chase J-off, or do you just see Robinson, Smith and Waddle as better fits ? Do you take Smith ahead of Sewell at 3, or are you looking for a trade down ? Where and how do we solve fill our hole at RB ? in that scenario and do you agree with me that LB would be nice to have but we have to fix that O first therefore the top picks should focus on that side of the ball ?

I like Chase and have him second to Smith, but it's an either/or thing with him and Smith, so I didn't mention him. Also, no, I don't think he's as good a fit for Miami.

Toney knows how to change speeds in his routes. Like that. Sure he’s destined for the slot.

someone at Florida coaches those kids on how to change speeds and the importance of it cause Kyle pitts does it also

Olave is a good receiver that’s been coached up very well, however I do question if he’s close to peaking physically. Late bloomer and not very athletic out of high school. He doesn’t look very twitchy, and while I don’t over value the 40 in receiver, I do think it’s important a player like olave runs sub 4.5 to validate his status as a top 50 pick.

he’s a fantastic route runner w/ strong hands, catches is traffic really well for his size.

keep your eyes on him tonight. My main concerns are:

- Doesn’t offer enough RAC
- Not twitchy enough for how little he is

he lives by beating vertical coverage. A lot of former OSU receivers do. That’s why his 40 time is so important. He needs to prove he’s athletic enough that he can duplicate his success in the NFL, and that it’s not just OSU scheme.

you’ll see him create space tonight for himself. He can shake coverage. It’s what he does after the catch

Olave is a good receiver that’s been coached up very well, however I do question if he’s close to peaking physically. Late bloomer and not very athletic out of high school. He doesn’t look very twitchy, and while I don’t over value the 40 in receiver, I do think it’s important a player like olave runs sub 4.5 to validate his status as a top 50 pick.

he’s a fantastic route runner w/ strong hands, catches is traffic really well for his size.

keep your eyes on him tonight. My main concerns are:

- Doesn’t offer enough RAC
- Not twitchy enough for how little he is

he lives by beating vertical coverage. A lot of former OSU receivers do. That’s why his 40 time is so important. He needs to prove he’s athletic enough that he can duplicate his success in the NFL, and that it’s not just OSU scheme.

you’ll see him create space tonight for himself. He can shake coverage. It’s what he does after the catch

projects more as a #2 type ceiling imo

I think Miami needs guys that can get open when and where they're supposed to be open and guys who can catch the ball. Miami also needs WR's who can get open deep.

My unrealistic, dream scenario would be Allen Robinson, DeVonta Smith, and Jaylen Waddle. My second favorite is Robinson, Smith, and E. Moore. My Sewell at 3 scenario still includes Robinson and Moore, but swap Smith for Waddle or Marshall at 1b.

If you hadn’t figured it out by now, I totally align with the way you’re thinking.

Dig most your scenarios.

I like that. However if he checks out physically, I think he can be an elite #2.

if he can run fast enough he reminds me of Tyler Lockett and Robby Anderson.

Also Garett Wilson is the potential star here. He’s young but has top 10 pick talent and frame

not there yet though.

Toney knows how to change speeds in his routes. Like that. Sure he’s destined for the slot.

someone at Florida coaches those kids on how to change speeds and the importance of it cause Kyle pitts does it also
Mullen has his O very well coached, shame from a gators perspective it's the only side of the ball that is. Toney is curious one, came in with a huge amount of natural talent but in those first three years his flashes were few and very far between. I think it took him three years to learn the WR position (he was a QB in HS) and eventually he found the consistency and seemed to learn how to run routes becasue all of a sudden he got himself open and once he catches the ball, it's a show waiting to happen with his YAC ability. I would love to add him to our backfield, value is round 3 but he might be gone by then.

Last edited:
I think Miami needs guys that can get open when and where they're supposed to be open and guys who can catch the ball. Miami also needs WR's who can get open deep.

My unrealistic, dream scenario would be Allen Robinson, DeVonta Smith, and Jaylen Waddle. My second favorite is Robinson, Smith, and E. Moore. My Sewell at 3 scenario still includes Robinson and Moore, but swap Smith for Waddle or Marshall at 1b.
If Miami is sold on Sewell at 3, getting Robinson in free agency makes a lot of sense.

I don't really expect the Dolphins to spend big in free agency, though. I do think Grier will look to extend Ogbah.

Mullen has his O very well coached, shame from a gators perspective it's the only side of the ball that is. Toney is curious one, came in with a huge amount of natural talent but in those first three years his flashes were few and very far between. I think it took him three years to learn the WR position (he was a QB in HS) and eventually he found the consistency and seemed to learn how to run routes becasue all of a sudden he got himself open and once he catches the ball, it's a show waiting to happen with his YAC ability. I would love to add him to our backfield, value is round 3 but he might be gone by then.
I think he might go in round 1. Agree, would love to have him of he sneaks into round 2.

Back
Top Bottom