How far away is the 4th WR in the draft ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far away is the 4th WR in the draft ?

I’ve heard good things about Bateman... if we miss out on “the top 3” how would you feel about adding him then, then another one later?

I've followed Bateman quite closely and I'm a big fan. I'd include him in the same group as Chase, Smith and Waddle personally. I can see why people rate him 4th, but it's a close call.

He's got the full package IMO. Creates separation, good route tree, YAC, and hands like Smith.

His stock may be suffering from playing for Minnesota. He hasn't been doing it vs SEC Corners and with the system MN play he's had to play in the slot this year.

I'm trying to think of comparisons. A lot of people say he's Keenan Allen. I'd say a bit of Jeudy and a bit of Allen Robinson.

I'm one of the people who'd feel absolutely no disappointment if we miss the Top 3 and get Bateman instead. We'll get a deep threat, versatility and separation. Pair him with St Brown or Olave or Elijah M and we'd be set imo.

Last edited:
I've followed Bateman quite closely and I'm just a big fan. I'd include him in the same group as Chase, Smith and Waddle personally. I can see why people rate him 4th, but it's a close call.

He's got the full package IMO. Creates separation, good route tree, YAC, and hands like Smith.

His stock may be suffering from playing for Minnesota. He hasn't been doing it vs SEC Corners and with the system MN play he's had to play in the slot this year.

I'm trying to think of comparisons. A lot of people say he's Keenan Allen. I'd say a bit of Jeudy and a bit of Allen Robinson.

I'm one of a few who'd feel absolutely no disappointment if we miss the Top 3 and get Bateman instead. Pair him with St Brown or Olave and we're set. We'll have the deep threat, versatility and separation we need

yeah that sounds good to me! Olave seems to be tearing it up tonight especially too, I’m not watching but following it

I like that. However if he checks out physically, I think he can be an elite #2.

if he can run fast enough he reminds me of Tyler Lockett and Robby Anderson.

the Tyler Lockett thing I can see some. Lockett seemed more physical to me. Maybe olave is that fast

I've followed Bateman quite closely and I'm just a big fan. I'd include him in the same group as Chase, Smith and Waddle personally. I can see why people rate him 4th, but it's a close call.

I'm one of a few who'd feel absolutely no disappointment if we miss the Top 3 and get Bateman instead. Pair him with St Brown or Olave and we're set. We'll have the deep threat, versatility and separation we need so badly.
I've drafted exactly this pairing in a couple of my mock drafts. Bateman looks like a plus flank that is handicapped by playing in Minnesota, and the two you mentioned would both be outstanding as inside/outside threats who could line up in the slot.

Did I just call this ? Am I a genius :NUTS: I find that very hard to believe, but Olave opened eyes tonight for sure.

I think Miami needs guys that can get open when and where they're supposed to be open and guys who can catch the ball. Miami also needs WR's who can get open deep.

My unrealistic, dream scenario would be Allen Robinson, DeVonta Smith, and Jaylen Waddle. My second favorite is Robinson, Smith, and E. Moore. My Sewell at 3 scenario still includes Robinson and Moore, but swap Smith for Waddle or Marshall at 1b.
I don’t think it’s unrealistic for Miami to upgrade the WR1 & WR2 spots- I think it’s a necessity.
My preference group:
Smith- JuJu- Parker - Bowden

In my highly unrealistic scenario we take Sewell at #3, then trade up from 22ish to #7-8 for Smith.
Sewell v Smith is a damn tough call.

Back
Top Bottom