How far can Fiedler take us?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far can Fiedler take us??

pigskinguy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I am starting to think I am in the minority about not thinking Feidler can do the job. My opinion is that this team, with Fiedler as the starter, would be hard pressed to get past the second round. But I get the feeling alot of people think Fiedler is good enought to take the Phins to the Super Bowl. Putting all our feeling for our beloved team aside......How far do you think Feidler can take the Miami Dolphins? Just wondering what the majority thinks.

I'm probably know as a Fiedler-hater by now, but I honestly can't see him taking us any farther than he did before, he's just too limited and injury-prone imo.

Like it or not

:cooldude: At this current time, JF is the best we have.:hitself: AJF has not proven he is a starting QB in this league, yet ! Lots of questions with him ! Im praying for a glimmer of hope.
Lets not forget what we wished for the past 2 years, everyone was calling for Lucas to start after playing well in preseason, Need I say more or bring back a traumatic experince in all our lives ! And Griese just sucks period, holding out wasnt that smart after all.
Fans, we just have to work with what we got, and right now, Jay is the best we have like it or not, Im not saying we should stick with JF, but please rationalize with the worse of the evils. Our offense line was probaly the worse line we have had in 30 years due to injuries and just getting punched in the face.
This year we have possibly the greatest offensive playmakers in Dolphin history as a whole, 2 great receivers, a very good tight end, A fantastic running back, and well, a QB or something like that. We have no excuses whatsoever for a poor QB'ing job this year. Our OF line could not be any worse, I actually think they will do very well this year, When Ricky pubicly speaks out about the line, then you know there are problems.
So to wrap it up, IF Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer can win one, how hard can it be ? If he can stay healthy.:goof:

fiedler...

at this point the only reason i can think of that jay is still around is wannstedt is a moron. i'm pretty sure wannstedt is a moron, so i'm pretty sure that's the reason. to anyone that thinks otherwise, honestly, what have you seen from fiedler that would indicate he is capable of being the starting qb on a superbowl team? his arm strength is average, his accuracy is below average, his decision making is questionable and he is injury prone.

Finsflurry said:
I'm probably know as a Fiedler-hater by now, but I honestly can't see him taking us any farther than he did before, he's just too limited and injury-prone imo.

Agree, except I can't call myself a Feidler hater. I do feel it is time for a change. I really hope Feely can get the job done. Two ways I look at Feider situation. First, if Feidler doesnt get injured last two years then we make the playoffs. BUT, is this because the rest of our team is so talented, or is Feidler the one that actually makes the difference. I tend to think the team is talented enough to win. Second, if Feidler cant stay healthy then what good is he as a starter. Maybe he is better suited to be the guy who can come off the bench when needed. AGAIN, it is time for a change. I can only hope that Feely can win the job.

Jay Fiedler can take a team to the Super Bowl and win. Is it this team? Maybe not. Then again, I'm not sold that this is a Super Bowl team with a top-10 QB.

I would think that the Baltimore Ravens with Trent Dilfer would shut this sort of debate right down.

JF could get us there, but a lot of things would have to go right. You could say this about many QBs. The problem is that JF does not give us much of a margin for error. An example of what I'm trying to say is Brady. In our first game against NE last year, NE called a fake dive with a QB bootleg to the right. It was a poorly timed play call. Miami was in the perfect D. A blitzing defender was instantly in Brady's face. The result should have been a sack, possibly a fumble. Somehow, in that instant, Brady made the right decision, flipped a wobbly pass over the defender (while falling back). That pass was miraculously on target to a rb who gained four yards. This was not a highlight play. Most people won't even remember it. But, the important thing was that a failure by some other element (in this case it was the play calling) was overcome by great QB play. (QB play like this is a big reason why Belichek and Weiss are currently geniuses).

Last year JF made plays like this to overcome breakdowns, usually by the OL. He just didn't/couldn't do it enough. Could JF do it this year? Sure, if the rest of the team makes fewer mistakes. It's just that I would prefer a QB with a little more ability to overcome the breakdowns. I hope Feeley is that guy.

Jay is too limited and limits the offense so much that he will never be the starter on a Superbowl team. His biggest problems are his accuracy, his arm strength, and his instincts.

you know im really tired of people bashing dave i think he is a great players coach he has done better than jimmy did.jimmy was better with picking talent but my personal opinion is i like coach dave damn we won 10 games last year i know we have high expectations but damn i think he deserves another chance.do i think jay can lead us where we want to go well he has to play 16 games he is injury prone some people are they just can't help it.i think jay is the best backup in the league i think feeley with time and experince will do great guys he is still getting to know the players the scheme jay has been here 4 years he should be on the money everytime.from what i hear they are both off but feeley is still learning a new scheme jay is not.

Jimmy James said:
Jay Fiedler can take a team to the Super Bowl and win. Is it this team? Maybe not. Then again, I'm not sold that this is a Super Bowl team with a top-10 QB.

I would think that the Baltimore Ravens with Trent Dilfer would shut this sort of debate right down.

You said it Jimmy, but make no mistake about it, the 2000 Ravens, that year had the "BEST DEFENSIVE UNIT " that ever played. They gave up 165 points (#1) in the "whole" season, that's 10 PPG. The fewest points ever allowed by a team in a 16 or 14 game season.

Even the great 1985 Chicago Bears defense, gave up 198 points...

Our best defensive season (PA) was also in 2000, with 226 points (#3)...

4 years with fiedler and lets see 1 playoff game. I don't care who is the offensive cord. Fiedler has had 4 years to show what he can do and he is an average QB that can not come up big when we need a critical 3rd down or make a play to win us the game!! If its Fiedler in 2004. 2004= NO PLAYOFFS again>

Back
Top Bottom