How far can Fiedler take us?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far can Fiedler take us??

There is a definite ceiling with regards to how far this team can go under Jay Fiedler. It would take an all-world, all-history defense and running game to overcome the handicap we have at QB in order for us to win the Super Bowl with him as starter.

Whether AJ Feeley works out or not will decide this season, along with the offensive line.

If not, expect more of the same.

dolphindew said:
4 years with fiedler and lets see 1 playoff game. I don't care who is the offensive cord. Fiedler has had 4 years to show what he can do and he is an average QB that can not come up big when we need a critical 3rd down or make a play to win us the game!! If its Fiedler in 2004. 2004= NO PLAYOFFS again>

Let's all remember that that one playoff win is 1 more than Peyton Manning had in his first 5 years. Would you be so quick to ask why we aren't doing better than Peyton Manning? Couldn't you have fairly said that Manning didn't come up when he was really needed?

There is no need for this negative thinking.

Jimmy James said:
Let's all remember that that one playoff win is 1 more than Peyton Manning had in his first 5 years. Would you be so quick to ask why we aren't doing better than Peyton Manning? Couldn't you have fairly said that Manning didn't come up when he was really needed?

There is no need for this negative thinking.
Now let me get this straight, are you comparing Feidler to peyton Manning :roflmao: C'mon now :shakeno:

Damn straight I'm comparing them. They're both quarterbacks, and they both have had their struggles in really key situations. Do I believe Manning is far and away the better and more talented QB? Yes. That doesn't negate the power of the argument I'm making when it is used to confront the lame 1 playoff win tack that the person who brought it up advanced. I also think it brings up a legitimate question about some Dolphins fans out there who probably would find fault with Manning if he were ours.

pigskinguy said:
I am starting to think I am in the minority about not thinking Feidler can do the job. My opinion is that this team, with Fiedler as the starter, would be hard pressed to get past the second round. But I get the feeling alot of people think Fiedler is good enought to take the Phins to the Super Bowl. Putting all our feeling for our beloved team aside......How far do you think Feidler can take the Miami Dolphins? Just wondering what the majority thinks.

Jay's no longer my choice, mainly because of his history of being injury prone, and his age, but if he's the starter I think this team can go as far as it would with Feeley. This offense is stacked with so much talent, there's no reason they can't dominate D's on the road.

Oliver...

Jimmy James said:
Damn straight I'm comparing them. They're both quarterbacks, and they both have had their struggles in really key situations. Do I believe Manning is far and away the better and more talented QB? Yes. That doesn't negate the power of the argument I'm making when it is used to confront the lame 1 playoff win tack that the person who brought it up advanced. I also think it brings up a legitimate question about some Dolphins fans out there who probably would find fault with Manning if he were ours.

Fiedler v. Manning
:roflmao:
:roflmao:

That is an insanely disgusting comparison..peyton is a pure passer with skill and ability Feidler could bearly dream of. Indy never had a defense and one could argue, never had a real coach until Dungy came along. Peyton and Jay's situations are completely different, and that one playoff win was led by Lamar Smith and almost lost by Fiedler.

Anyway, the way this team is set up the QB of this team leads with his arm and ability something Fiedler does not have, and hopefully Feeley provides. Fiedler may have a good W/L record, but those were team wins maybe one or 2 of them were because fiedler could move his *** like a worm in the pocket, but ill tell ya, it wasnt because of his "quaterback" -ing.

Completely different? I thought that both of them were quarterbacks for professional football teams that wanted to win a championship. :rolleyes:

Jimmy James said:
Completely different? I thought that both of them were quarterbacks for professional football teams that wanted to win a championship. :rolleyes:

by definition they are the same, and only by definition can they be assummed similar.

How far can Fiedler take us??

A better question would be: "How far can AJ Feeley take us?"

We're not sure about Feeley as he hasn't played a single game as Fins the starter.

Fiedler on the other hand............is not an unknown, we've had four years to come to the conclusion that he was a mistake. 4 years to come to the conclusion that the QB position, is more important than this staff had first thought. The "managerial QB" experiment failed.

A fifth year of Fiedler will bury everyone involved, in Division 2 College football for the rest of their lives. And rightly so............

By acquiring Feeley we have upgraded the QB position. In the worst case we have upgraded the backup position. Question is, will it be enough to gain traction lost the last four years? A healthy JF and quick-study AJF should make it interesting.

If Jay limits the offense than why has team been worst off without Jay in the staring lineup?Let face it;The Dolphins offense really hasn't been all that talented last four years.

I believe Jay can take the Dolphins to superbowl.He has Marc Trestman working with him and he seem more determine than ever to prove people wrong.I think he is due a good year if he can stay injury free.

FiN.in.RI said:
by definition they are the same, and only by definition can they be assummed similar.

Did you even read what I wrote? :rolleyes:

What about the tendency to not show up for the truly important games?

minus said:
If Jay limits the offense than why has team been worst off without Jay in the staring lineup?Let face it;The Dolphins offense really hasn't been all that talented last four years.

I believe Jay can take the Dolphins to superbowl.He has Marc Trestman working with him and he seem more determine than ever to prove people wrong.I think he is due a good year if he can stay injury free.

Again Jay is not my choice any longer, but with a real WR corps now I don't see why he couldn't take this team far into the play-off so long as he is healthy.

Oliver...

I don't really have a prefence.I just want the best guy to start(Who ever earns it.).I don't think Jay is as bad as some Dolphins fans think he is or the level of talent he was sorrounded with the last four years.If A.J is better than Jay than I'm happy and same other wise.

Back
Top Bottom