How far can Fiedler take us?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far can Fiedler take us??

Jimmy James said:
Did you even read what I wrote? :rolleyes:

What about the tendency to not show up for the truly important games?

for who MANNING?? give me an example of a game he didnt show up to compete in during this Dungy era.

Can we really expect Jay to be healthy? I'm not trying to be critical of Jay himself when I ask that, either. Only 15 teams had a QB appear in all 16 games last year. To me, this strengthens the logic behind our current approach. Why pay a lot for a QB with a team structured like this one is structured?

pigskinguy said:
I am starting to think I am in the minority about not thinking Feidler can do the job. My opinion is that this team, with Fiedler as the starter, would be hard pressed to get past the second round. But I get the feeling alot of people think Fiedler is good enought to take the Phins to the Super Bowl. Putting all our feeling for our beloved team aside......How far do you think Feidler can take the Miami Dolphins? Just wondering what the majority thinks.

Where have you been?
The war on Fiedler has been raging for years on this board.
Personally I think there is a very good reason Jay Fiedler was given up on by every team and fell out of the league entirely. A coaching friend pulled strings to get him back into the league and the Fins were the team that was willing to give him a shot at being a starting QB. With the stiff competition of beating out Damon Huard ...... :rolleyes: Fiedler won the starting job. The Fiedler expirement has run it's course, it never panned out has gone on for too long. Fiedler should'nt even still be on this team but he is.
The only thing we can hope for is that AJ Feeley can win the job or we'll be stuck in mediocrity at QB for another year.

Jimmy James said:
Damn straight I'm comparing them. They're both quarterbacks, and they both have had their struggles in really key situations. Do I believe Manning is far and away the better and more talented QB? Yes. That doesn't negate the power of the argument I'm making when it is used to confront the lame 1 playoff win tack that the person who brought it up advanced. I also think it brings up a legitimate question about some Dolphins fans out there who probably would find fault with Manning if he were ours.
Now that part I agree with. But after 4 years of failure, can you not see the Fiedler simply isn't very good?

I HATE to say it, but there were times when I saw Fiedler play great. Go figure, they were all when the Fins had a balanced attack. Remember a couple seasons back before Fiedler got hurt? The offense could do no wrong and Fiedler was whipping the ball around with precision. I have seen him make the tough 10-20 yard out many times.

Take away games injured, or getting healthy, or with new receiver sets and he is has done well for the most part. And in case you haven't noticed yet, many of his problems are caused by the conditions put forth by the pathetically predictable offense gameplans.

I think he will shut a lot of people up if he stays healthy. With Ricky, Chambers, Boston, McMichael, and Konrad you would think they could throw in some wrinkles. It would make everyone's job easier including the QB and O-line.

I love the fact that AJ will push Fiedler and hope that he is everything the scouts think he will be. I hope AJ wins the battle early because he earned it not because some fans put all the weight of some pitiful seasons on Fiedler. I hope he rolls into the season with confidence and is our star of the future. BUT ABOVE ALL ELSE I HOPE THE COACHES GET THEIR CRAP TOGETHER AND START MIXING IT UP!!!!

FINS 13-3

Trekbiz said:
Where have you been?
The war on Fiedler has been raging for years on this board.
Personally I think there is a very good reason Jay Fiedler was given up on by every team and fell out of the league entirely. A coaching friend pulled strings to get him back into the league and the Fins were that were willing to give him a shot at being a starting QB. An expirement that has gone on for too long. Fiedler should'nt even still be on this team but he is.
The only thing we can hope for is that AJ Feeley can win the job or we'll be stuck in mediocrity at QB for another year.
Sorry dude, but I have only been here for about a month, most of the talk since i have been here has been draft and schedule related for the most part.

how far can fiedler take us?

EASY ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION.HOW FAR HAS HE TAKEN US IN THE PAST ? THATS YOUR ANSWER!

HE IS AN AVERAGE QB.MUCH LIKE JAKE DELHOMME BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS JAKE THRIVES UNDER PRESSURE AND BIG GAME SITUATIONS AND FIEDLER FALLS APART.:eek:

pigskinguy said:
Sorry dude, but I have only been here for about a month, most of the talk since i have been here has been draft and schedule related for the most part.

Wasn't meant to be an attack.... just a little joke.
This debate has taken over the entire board COMPLETELY at times.
I'm with you in your thoughts on Fiedler along with every other defensive coordinator in the league.

FiN.in.RI said:
for who MANNING?? give me an example of a game he didnt show up to compete in during this Dungy era.

Did you watch that game against the Patriots in the playoffs? He also looked like crap in an important division game with the Titans toward the later part of the season. There was also the 2002 week 2 game against Miami, the week 7 2002 game against Pittsburgh, the week 14 2002 game against the Titans, and a relatively bad week 16 game against the Broncos last year.

Limiting this to the Dungy era is really stupid, btw. Are you really trying to suggest that Dave is superior to a guy who made it through 15 seasons? If we're taking coaches into consideration, that has to happen for all involved.

Trekbiz said:
Wasn't meant to be an attack.... just a little joke.
This debate has taken over the entire board COMPLETELY at times.
I'm with you in your thoughts on Fiedler along with every other defensive coordinator in the league.
No, I know I was just explaining myself. I only started this thread because in the short time I have been here I have come across an alarming number of Fiedler supporters, which quite frankly, caught me by surprise.

pigskinguy said:
Now that part I agree with. But after 4 years of failure, can you not see the Fiedler simply isn't very good?

I don't think that Jay is good enough to be starter without having competition, but I do think that Jay is a good enough backup plan to not really sweat AJ not working out. I am holding out hope that AJ is great, but I would feel a lot more comfortable with Jay back there than I would with almost every available veteran in the position. The only guys I see any point in looking at are Warner due to familiarity with the offense we seem to be running this year and Garcia. Don't give me stiffs like Maddox or Collins and expect me to see anything but another Brian Griese travesty in the making.

pigskinguy said:
No, I know I was just explaining myself. I only started this thread because in the short time I have been here I have come across an alarming number of Fiedler supporters, which quite frankly, caught me by surprise.

Stick around! The entertainment only gets better!
One guy on here seriously argued that Jay is a Hall Of Fame QB being limited by the players around him. :roflmao:

He devoted an entire thread to argue his point.... Classic!

Trekbiz said:
Stick around! The entertainment only gets better!
One guy on here serioulsy argued that Jay is a Hall Of Fame QB being limited by the players around him. :roflmao:

He devoted an entire thread to argue his point.... Classic!
Yeah, that damn Ricky Williams, what a stiff :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Jimmy James said:
Did you watch that game against the Patriots in the playoffs? He also looked like crap in an important division game with the Titans toward the later part of the season. There was also the 2002 week 2 game against Miami, the week 7 2002 game against Pittsburgh, the week 14 2002 game against the Titans, and a relatively bad week 16 game against the Broncos last year.

Limiting this to the Dungy era is really stupid, btw. Are you really trying to suggest that Dave is superior to a guy who made it through 15 seasons? If we're taking coaches into consideration, that has to happen for all involved.

obviously 2002 was an off year for Peyton..anyway..

i watched the patsie game and indy's recievers were getting raped all day by patsie holders(i mean defenders), but peyton still almost had the victory.

why bother taking into consideration the years when Mora was coach? they had no defense! indy has a defense now actually worth something, but its not better than miamis and Feidler cant lead us anywhere with one of the premiere RBs in the game.

i

Oh, so now we're looking at just the three crappy games that Peyton had one of TD's two years? Why not just say that we can only look at 2003 weeks 4 and 16 (New Orleans and Atlanta -- 11 combined TDs to 0 INT). :rolleyes:

I forgot that Jay cloned himself five times and played QB and OL last year, too. That must be what you're saying since you're dragging RW into this...

BTW, you mean the Patriots were raping all four of PM's WR targets plus EJ plus Marcus Pollard? How again did this spectacular Patriots team you're building up just barely beat a Panthers team that looked like this team should have looked (and hopefully would have if it had a decent line)?

Second edit: If I threw up 237 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INT against the Patriots and 230 yards, 0 TD, and 2 INT against them, which one would you attribute to Jay? I bet you'd guess wrong unless you actually did your homework on the way week 7 and the AFC Championship game played out. Yeah, comparing these two guys is like comparing a hunk of cheese to a tiger, all right... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom