How Far Would You be Willing to Trade Down? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Far Would You be Willing to Trade Down?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
With so many teams hungry for quarterbacks, and the Houston pick looking like a top 10, how far would you trade down if you were Chris Grier? That's, of course, assuming there's an offer, which I think is very likely.

First, if you have to have either Chase, Smith or Waddle, I think you stand pat, or move down slightly. But if you're open to other possibilities at wide receiver, you field all offers and see who is willing to overpay.

I have no idea what Miami's draft board will end up looking like, but I think most of us expect a wide receiver early. If not that 1a pick, then hopefully no later than 1b.

Trading down to no later than 12; If Houston's pick finishes in the top 7-8 picks. If it ends up top 5-6, I think they stay put and make a selection.

Trading down to no later than 12; If Houston's pick finishes in the top 7-8 picks. If it ends up top 5-6, I think they stay put and make a selection.
Knowing that Flores is a defensive minded coach, I still wonder if wide receiver is more of a 1b consideration for Miami.

Depends on what is offered...

If the package included multiple picks, especially if there was a #1 attached next year... then I'd seriously consider it. Good teams think long term strategy, rather that what you need right now.

Say we pick top 10, and LB Parsons is gone when we’re up, what other Defensive prospect, or position, would you think Flores would go after? DE Rousseau? I’d think we go “O” at that point, WR or OL most likely? Kyle Pitts as a surprise pick?

Say we pick top 10, and LB Parsons is gone when we’re up, what other Defensive prospect, or position, would you think Flores would go after? DE Rousseau? I’d think we go “O” at that point, WR or OL most likely? Kyle Pitts as a surprise pick?
That's a good question. I agree at that point Miami pivots to offense. If they weren't already considering offense.

Surtain might be hard to pass up, but the Dolphins are in good shape in the secondary. I think that's too high for Rousseau and Paye.

If we pick 7-9 and Micah is on the board, it would take A LOT. I would be willing to trade down all the way to the late teens-early twenties but it would take at least 2 seconds or ANOTHER first this year or a second this year and a FIRST next.

I would then proceed to take Zaven Collins and a couple WRs.

I guess it depends on how many of your top targets are on the board and if you think you can still get one of them. I am not trading down if I think I miss out on Parsons, Chase and Smith for example. At some point we need to pass on quantity and go for quality. I still think about passing on an Earl Thomas so we could get Odrick and Misi. It would be nice to have some elite talent.

If we pick 7-9 and Micah is on the board, it would take A LOT. I would be willing to trade down all the way to the late teens-early twenties but it would take at least 2 seconds or ANOTHER first this year or a second this year and a FIRST next.

I would then proceed to take Zaven Collins and a couple WRs.
The front office could really set the team up for the future with the right trade package.

There's enough talent at wide receiver to trade down and still upgrade significantly. Add that to the number of teams that need quarterbacks and the odds seem good.

Really like Zaven Collins. He reminds me a little bit of Jason Taylor.

Back
Top Bottom