How Far Would You be Willing to Trade Down? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Far Would You be Willing to Trade Down?

Assuming the team is trading up for a QB then I would want a future 1st rounder plus to move down.I would want the QB Premium Price for the pick.

Hopefully there are multiple teams looking for one QB to drive up the price.

There is also the possibility that other teams will be willing to move down which could hamper the Fins efforts to do the same.

As to the actual question, I would be willing to move down into the early teens at the latest, where I could still get one of the top WR's.

IF Parsons is on the board I am probably taking him unless they get a Bill O'Brien offer. ;)

I really wish Rousseau had played this year.

Then we would know if he legit or not.He needed to show more than he did last season to guarantee a very high pick(or to warrant it at least).

He will still go high since this is not a great year at DE but had he played this year and showed improved skills to go with his athleticism and measurables you are talking as high as #3 or #4.

If we are in Chase/Smith range, which it looks like we'll be assuming Houston splits their remaining 2, then I'm not trading down. We need the premium talent on offense.

With so many teams hungry for quarterbacks, and the Houston pick looking like a top 10, how far would you trade down if you were Chris Grier? That's, of course, assuming there's an offer, which I think is very likely.

First, if you have to have either Chase, Smith or Waddle, I think you stand pat, or move down slightly. But if you're open to other possibilities at wide receiver, you field all offers and see who is willing to overpay.

I have no idea what Miami's draft board will end up looking like, but I think most of us expect a wide receiver early. If not that 1a pick, then hopefully no later than 1b.
I don't think we have to have any one player in the draft...so, depending on the situation, I might trade way down.

Imagine this scenario...The Texans pick is number 6....The Jaguars pick Trevor and still have the Rams pick (let's call that 25).

If they really want a player like Kyle Pitts (and want to get in front of Carolina, assuming Carolina is picking after #6)....for #25, and their two second round picks, I would trade #6 and our fourth rounder. They still have a lot of picks and a ton of cap space. (On the draft trade chart, we would be + 56 points.) If they like Pitts the way some do, that's a bargain.

I think Round Two is where the value is in this draft. LB Chaz Surratt (great fit for Flores defense), Tylan Wallace (if you haven't seen his film, its ridiculous...great WR in traffic), Jevonte Williams, Patrick Jones, Rashad Weaver, Rondale Moore, Chris Olave, Josh Myers, Terrace Marshall...many of these guys will be there in the second round.

I like the idea of signing a FA WR (Godwin is my favorite if the Bucs can't sign him, but there are others).

If we could pull this trade, I'd do something like:

1a. Zaven Collins, OLB, Tulsa
1b. Najee Harris, RB, Bama
2a. Patrick Jones, Jr., DE, Pitt
2b. Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
2c. Josh Myers, C, OSU
2d. Asante Samuel, CB, FSU

My thinking is Kyle Van Noy is a great player in this defense and is 29 years old. Zaven Collins is a stud that is very similar...big kid, agile, smart.
Najee, the way he played vs Florida (line up wide, etc) would be a good fit for this offense.
Terrace Marshall is a stud...Chase and Jefferson at LSU were not head and shoulders above this guy--he's an amazing WR.
Patrick Jones can learn a year from Shaq Lawson. He is going to be an outstanding pass rushing end.
Josh Myers save us 10 mil/year by not resigning Karras.
Asante Samuel is physical. He tackles and he plays the ball well. Eventually, I see him replacing Bobby McCain. Hopefully Iggy can develop at CB.

Knowing that Flores is a defensive minded coach, I still wonder if wide receiver is more of a 1b consideration for Miami.

Flores may be a defensive minded coach, but he’s also smart. Besides, defensive-minded doesn’t necessarily mean draft defense first.

Flores surely realizes the offense is far behind the defense in terms of talent and production. And also realizes that the offense being able to muster more big plays, more drives and more points greatly assists the defense — which is already top 2 in the league.

That all said, I truly believe MIA only opts defense with 1a if they are in position to draft Micah Parsons and not Penei Sewell. And even that’s not a given.

I don't think we have to have any one player in the draft...so, depending on the situation, I might trade way down.

Imagine this scenario...The Texans pick is number 6....The Jaguars pick Trevor and still have the Rams pick (let's call that 25).

If they really want a player like Kyle Pitts (and want to get in front of Carolina, assuming Carolina is picking after #6)....for #25, and their two second round picks, I would trade #6 and our fourth rounder. They still have a lot of picks and a ton of cap space. (On the draft trade chart, we would be + 56 points.) If they like Pitts the way some do, that's a bargain.

I think Round Two is where the value is in this draft. LB Chaz Surratt (great fit for Flores defense), Tylan Wallace (if you haven't seen his film, its ridiculous...great WR in traffic), Jevonte Williams, Patrick Jones, Rashad Weaver, Rondale Moore, Chris Olave, Josh Myers, Terrace Marshall...many of these guys will be there in the second round.

I like the idea of signing a FA WR (Godwin is my favorite if the Bucs can't sign him, but there are others).

If we could pull this trade, I'd do something like:

1a. Zaven Collins, OLB, Tulsa
1b. Najee Harris, RB, Bama
2a. Patrick Jones, Jr., DE, Pitt
2b. Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
2c. Josh Myers, C, OSU
2d. Asante Samuel, CB, FSU

My thinking is Kyle Van Noy is a great player in this defense and is 29 years old. Zaven Collins is a stud that is very similar...big kid, agile, smart.
Najee, the way he played vs Florida (line up wide, etc) would be a good fit for this offense.
Terrace Marshall is a stud...Chase and Jefferson at LSU were not head and shoulders above this guy--he's an amazing WR.
Patrick Jones can learn a year from Shaq Lawson. He is going to be an outstanding pass rushing end.
Josh Myers save us 10 mil/year by not resigning Karras.
Asante Samuel is physical. He tackles and he plays the ball well. Eventually, I see him replacing Bobby McCain. Hopefully Iggy can develop at CB.
That would be a draft haul. I feel Patrick Jones is somewhat underrated. Collins seems like a perfect fit. Marshall might be a better prospect coming out than Parker.

Would like to also get a stretch the field receiver as well.

can't trade out of the top 3 unless we are offered a fortune (which may happen and might be best case scenario). Things can shuffle week 17 but currently I wouldn't want to move down any further than 1.07 (Detroit) or 1.09 (Carolina) which are the only teams in the top 10 i could see trading up for QB.

If we end up with 3 and Sewell is gone, no further back than 6 to ensure Chase or Parsons presuming somebody is trying to get somebody other than those 2 (Wilson).

So in summary, we HAVE to get Sewell, Parsons, or Chase. Anything else is a colossal F up.

If we end up with 3 and Sewell is gone, no further back than 6 to ensure Chase or Parsons presuming somebody is trying to get somebody other than those 2 (Wilson).

So in summary, we HAVE to get Sewell, Parsons, or Chase. Anything else is a colossal F up.
I would not go that far but those are the three players I would target in the 3-6 area.

if they moved down and drafted D Smith that would not be a "colossal F up"

If we end up with 3 and Sewell is gone, no further back than 6 to ensure Chase or Parsons presuming somebody is trying to get somebody other than those 2 (Wilson)
I would not go that far but those are the three players I would target in the 3-6 area.

If they love from 3-4 and don't get Chase or Parsons, it's a F up unless they sunshine snagged another 1st and 2nd round pick AND got Smith.
Chase > all other WRs on this class.

I'd be happy with Smith, Chase or Waddle at wide receiver.

Trading down to no later than 12; If Houston's pick finishes in the top 7-8 picks. If it ends up top 5-6, I think they stay put and make a selection.
Agree, although I would be very tempted to trade down if its a No 3 or 4 pick, and trade down to about 7 or 8 and still get DeVonta Smith or LaMarr Chase. If the pick is 5 or 6, then I would love either of the WR, as I dont know if they will both be there with our own pick. If we trade down I would expect that we would pick up probably and extra high 2nd, and maybe a 4th or 5th. That I would strongly consider. If Miami ended up with pick 23 or 24, then there are a number of very good options with high rated players dropping.

Some have said if MIA drafts a WR #7 or #8 they’d be upset.

Well, if MIA draft Rousseau at that same position over an offensive playmaker or a trade down scenario — I‘ll be the one upset!

While I have been steadfast against drafting a defensive player in the top 10 over an offensive play maker — I could at least cope with the disappointment and get over it if that player was Micah Parsons. No other defensive player should be considered IMO.
Agree. The way Ogbah has played, and with the play from van Noy, Van Ginkle and Lawson, IMO, we dont desperately need to draft a rushing DE in round 1. Maybe stock up in 3 or 4, but we need offensive spark - WR, RB more than any other spot on the Offence.

Agree. The way Ogbah has played, and with the play from van Noy, Van Ginkle and Lawson, IMO, we dont desperately need to draft a rushing DE in round 1. Maybe stock up in 3 or 4, but we need offensive spark - WR, RB more than any other spot on the Offence.

Offense should be priority #1. If the draft value doesn't match up to the board, try to move down. If not, take the best play maker or OL available.

If they went defense, a pass rusher would be the only sensible position to take IMO. But I'm not super high on Rousseau like some others are. Parsons is talented enough to talk yourself into, but I just can't do it over an elite offensive prospect at this point.

Back
Top Bottom