How Far Would You be Willing to Trade Down? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Far Would You be Willing to Trade Down?

For a top 50, second round pick, Id trade down basically anywhere per the trade-value chart.

I would not trade down at 1a unless we got way more than the value chart says. I’d be more likely to trade down at 1b.
The same here, in the top 10 you have a chance at the best players at their positions.

For a top 50, second round pick, Id trade down basically anywhere per the trade-value chart.
That could mean potentially adding another starter. Perhaps that's in the running back range, or one of the top three centers.

I would only trade down to a spot if the draft fell such that we'd get one of Chase, Smith or Waddle. I'd assume not further than 12-15. I don't think Parsons will be there unless that Houston pick is top 5.

That could mean potentially adding another starter. Perhaps that's in the running back range, or one of the top three centers.

Yes, and that's big. Not just RB. Maybe a WR too. I am not locked into a particular player, but the quantity, we need a lot of WRs and RBs. A lot.

I would only trade down to a spot if the draft fell such that we'd get one of Chase, Smith or Waddle. I'd assume not further than 12-15. I don't think Parsons will be there unless that Houston pick is top 5.
I could see that. Grier might feel the same way.

Yes, and that's big. Not just RB. Maybe a WR too. I am not locked into a particular player, but the quantity, we need a lot of WRs and RBs. A lot.
We have FA too. I'm not a fan of RBs in free agency so I agree we need 2 in the draft. I also agree we need a couple of WRs. But want more in draft so that is where I see the potential big FA. So then we can grab C and LB in draft. I'd also like to see TE. Friermuth is still my favorite.

Miami really needs the teams with 5 wins to at least win one more game than the Texans over the next 2 weeks. Because that Texans pick could fall way down if they finish with 5 or 6 wins and are tied with several other teams behind them, as of today's draft order.

I wouldn't trade down unless we get another first for it (well if we only dropped back a couple of spots, I would take another 2). It's all about the compensation for me.

Say we pick top 10, and LB Parsons is gone when we’re up, what other Defensive prospect, or position, would you think Flores would go after? DE Rousseau? I’d think we go “O” at that point, WR or OL most likely? Kyle Pitts as a surprise pick?

Some have said if MIA drafts a WR #7 or #8 they’d be upset.

Well, if MIA draft Rousseau at that same position over an offensive playmaker or a trade down scenario — I‘ll be the one upset!

While I have been steadfast against drafting a defensive player in the top 10 over an offensive play maker — I could at least cope with the disappointment and get over it if that player was Micah Parsons. No other defensive player should be considered IMO.

Some have said if MIA drafts a WR #7 or #8 they’d be upset.

Well, if MIA draft Rousseau at that same position over an offensive playmaker or a trade down scenario — I‘ll be the one upset!

While I have been steadfast against drafting a defensive player in the top 10 over an offensive play maker — I could at least cope with the disappointment and get over it if that player was Micah Parsons. No other defensive player should be considered IMO.
Unless he became a Watt or a Bosa or a Wake... then I would expect that you'd change your tune.

Umm... wouldn't you?

Unless he became a Watt or a Bosa or a Wake... then I would expect that you'd change your tune.

Umm... wouldn't you?

Of course. If you could guarantee that, no doubt. But I’m not at all seeing that with this guy. Sorry.

I’d have gladly taken Chase Young last draft or Bosa, of course, the year before. But I had supreme confidence in both having seen every college game they ever played.

Back
Top Bottom