How is Tannehill Stacking Up With The 2012 Rookie Class | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How is Tannehill Stacking Up With The 2012 Rookie Class

His numbers align with RG3-8, which is unfortunate because RG3-8 blows.

Luck, Wilson, and Foles are the QBs from that class.

RG3's stats are completely bloated due to garbage time. His team gets down by 20 and then he picks up garbage stats. At least all of our games are close.

As for Luck...he is better than Tannehill right now (not sure if anyone would argue that). But it really hasnt been a very wide margin...and frankly he has been pretty bad without his go to in Wayne.

I think R. Wilson is a good QB, but I think that people should look at what Seattle did and is doing with him - very similar to what Pittsburgh did with Big Ben and New England did with Brady. They run the ball, and they put him in positive situations. Seattle is the best team in the NFL, because their offense and defense compliment each other; they play a physical brand of football; and they're efficient (which is largely possible because of the physical style they play with). It's a simple concept, and it should be the goal of every organization. The new pass-happy rules distract this ****ty teams, and right now, we're a ****ty team.

Who is "they?" The last three posts refer to this mysterious they. Is that what this board has devolved into, pro and anti Tannehill camps? We're all Dolphin fans. We all have different takes on the team, and varying levels of faith in different players or coaches.

I'm hoping the kid pans out. But I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed in his play. And who knows, maybe he is, too. He's the one who makes the reads, chooses the pass or run option, tips off or fools the defense, pump fakes or doesn't, looks away at his receiver or doesn't, has chemistry with his receivers or doesn't, has good ball placement or doesn't, is elusive in the pocket or isn't, and scrambles for a first down, or doesn't scramble. It's not like he's doing nothing behind center. The QB is the most important position on the field.

If you look at last Sunday, he got good protection for a change. He also had a hot receiver. He had a defense that gave him great field position many times, and got a turnover for him. I don't know what more he could want. A running game? Sure, that wasn't there. But you can't tell me that despite that, we couldn't have won it. We could have. Put Cam Newton behind center on our team on Sunday, and tell me, do we lose? No, of course not, we win.

Let me get this straight,we bitch about Tannehill debates and dividing the fans yet we jump right in and throw jabs......priceless.

Right down to stating with Cam on the Phins we would have won which is just your opinion....

Welcome to the debate that you hypocritically knocked...:crazy:

His numbers align with RG3-8, which is unfortunate because RG3-8 blows.

Luck, Wilson, and Foles are the QBs from that class.

Except he's right there with Luck.

Foles is in a gimmick offense that qbs have ALWAYS succeeded in.

Wilson is a stud but isn't asked to do much due to them being an elite team.

Gimmick offense or not, it's hard not to be impressed with Nick Foles right now. I would take that production in a 'gimmick offense' all day long.

Now granted, he might turn into Griffin or Kaepernick next season, but he's having a hell of a year.

Gimmick offense or not, it's hard not to be impressed with Nick Foles right now. I would take that production in a 'gimmick offense' all day long.

Now granted, he might turn into Griffin or Kaepernick next season, but he's having a hell of a year.

I know that and I would love that here in Miami, but tbh he hasn't played a good team either and when they were they lost..

People are quick to forget Foles had one of the worst games EVER his first game starting.

Back
Top Bottom