How long will it take Losman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How long will it take Losman

PerfectSZN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How long do you guys think it will take Losman to become a good QB (if ever)? The Bills might be able to win like the Fins did 2 seasons ago. Run, Run more and Defense.

IMO the Bills will be 9-7. Some rookie type mistakes will cost them a few games.

Losman was pretty highly reguarded. He could actually be pretty special. it depends on his supporting cast. That offensive line is sporatic. Every year they seem different, and also did lose jones as well. I personally think mcgahees a walking time bomb. I just don't trust that knee of his. The way he came down on it in one of the games this year and it just popped out from under him :/ don't like that. But losman will have decent receivers, and moulds is a good guy to get comfortable with. That defense should be good, but they're also sporatic. They have the tools to be amazing, but they fail to be any better then average at times. Losman should be fine. I'd expect a decent season out of him actually.

I agree...it will be a few years before he is a good QB. They should expect to see rookie mistakes.

I don't think Losman will ever be good, he may be average but not good.

I think the Jills will be 7-9 or 6-10.I think Losman could be a good qb this year.The Jills have good wr's and rb's that should help Losman alot.

It will also depend on how good their OLT plays. That could send them to 7-9.

I think that the Bills chances lie on the feet of Mcgahee. They will be a one dimensional running team without a stellar #1 receiver, as well as an adequate #2. With an unproven QB. Also known as the Dolphins of two years ago. Can the brittle RB handle the pressures of carrying a team all year aka Ricky. And that many carries without being injured? I don't think so. See also the Dolphins of last year.
6-10 overall. Fourth in the AFC East.

within three years he will be a backup...

injuries will keep him on the sidelines. I'm glad to say I don't see us having to worry about the bills for a long long time. They are the only team in the AFC East I see with more question marks than us, and I like every one of our ??? better then theirs. I see a quick turn around for us and a long road ahead for the bills...

just my opinion though.;)

Usually how well a Rookie quaterback plays relies on how good his surrounding teammates are. With a nice option in McGahee and a couple of receivers he can throw to, I think it all fairness Losman has a legitimate shot to be a good quaterback. But it will be a couple years at least until he's comfortable and knows the routines.

I think Losman has the potential to be a very good qb. This year I expect him to be pressured a lot because of his o-line. He'll probably make a lot of bad throws and take a lot of sacks but I think he'll have steady improvement. IMO, it all depends on how quick he can get rid of the ball. I do know that Losman will have 2 really bad games this season. The Miami D is gonna eat him up.

I don't think Losman will be the QB Drew Bledsoe was early in his career.....I just think this guy is overated and does not have the best arm and has below average mobility.

Actually, I think he'll get the hang of things by the second half of the season. The guy's extremely athletic and can make plays with his feet, but I don't see him ever carrying the team. Buffalo's strength has been their defense, and it will continue to be this year.

Roman529 said:
I don't think Losman will be the QB Drew Bledsoe was early in his career.....I just think this guy is overated and does not have the best arm and has below average mobility.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Moving on..

Bills fans are very excited about Losman. I believe he simply cannot play any worse than cement-shoes Bledsoe. He was extremely impressive in the preseason of his rookie year, and he has been watching film, working out, and playing six days a week in Buffalo this offseason.

I believe the situation in Buffalo surrounding him is too good to mess us, unless he is a total failure, which just doesn't seem to fit with him.
He will make mistakes, that's a given, but I believe people are not giving him enough credit. People simply writing off this season because the bills have a first year starter under center are in for an eye opening experience.

The bills will be a playoff team in '05, without a doubt in my mind. Keep an eye on this kid.

Roman529 said:

Where did you get this information. He had one of the best arms out of the draft and below average mobility? He ran a 4.6 40 and comparing him to the statue Drew Bledsoe he will seem like Vick out there.

He will take his lumps and bruises being a rookie but I wouldnt expect any more from ole' Feeley and Gus. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom