How long will it take Losman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How long will it take Losman

I think the Bills success will be how dependant how much responsibility do they give Loseman. They have two good runningbacks to take a lot of the pressure of him. If they use him like the Steelers used Ben last year, and they are successful at it, then they will be fine. Even though people like to say how great Ben is because of the record the Steelers had with him, the Steelers put little pressure on him to win the games.

Also I unfortunately really liked what I saw from him during preseason. I was very impressed by the young man. I do think there is going to be growing pains

how losman will do ?

who cares ????? i think we should concentrate on what we're going to have to do to get our division title back and not quarrel with online supporters of a team that did not make the playoffs last year.

how many years have the fins been 9 -7 , 10-6 ect. i know when iwas whatching greiseand co. woodstrock co. and to me the greatest time dan and the marks brothers we would make the playoffs all the time the question was can we make it to the sb and we would always fall short. times are getting really bad if all we can do is fight for the bottom of div withbill fans let them go on ,they deserve it ,they went through more years of losing and bickering then any team i know the past is the past now lets start talking about how we can get back to our old winning ways i really think this year is going to be exciting from our defence to our offence . if we do have ronnie and ricky holy **** were gonna have a hell of a running game !!!!!!

Losman has a weak arm and is immobile?

Whatever you guys say.

IMO Losman will make alot of mistakes because he is pretty mch a rookie. Every rookie QB will make alot of mistakes his first year. I only see the Bills winning about 8 or 9 games this year because of JP. I just dont see Losman tearing up the NFL like some people say he will. Losman will likely not play like he did in college IMO. I guess we will just have to wait and see this year to see if i am right or wrong.

PhinDude88 said:
IMO Losman will make alot of mistakes because he is pretty mch a rookie. Every rookie QB will make alot of mistakes his first year. I only see the Bills winning about 8 or 9 games this year because of JP. I just dont see Losman tearing up the NFL like some people say he will. Losman will likely not play like he did in college IMO. I guess we will just have to wait and see this year to see if i am right or wrong.

That's about the only thing that can settle these disputes. If Losman plays anything like he did in the preseason last year, you'll be hearing a lot about the bills.

Wagon Circler said:
That's about the only thing that can settle these disputes. If Losman plays anything like he did in the preseason last year, you'll be hearing a lot about the bills.
hell i could go out and throw tds against a bunch of scrubs lets wait and see how he plays during the Season

jnewmant said:
hell i could go out and throw tds against a bunch of scrubs lets wait and see how he plays during the Season

Yeah right!

I can pretty much agree w/ what PhinDude88. Losman is going to make rookie mistakes, but him being a good QB in this league is going to depend on how much he is depended on to win games. If Willis goes down then Losman becomes the focal point of the offense and that is going to cause him to be more mistake prone.

Losman could very well be the greatest Qb to ever play the game, or the second worst (Rob Johnson)

Nobody knows. The only thing we do know is that he has put in more effort in the offseason than I have ever seen from any other player. He's been at it, in Buffalo, 6 days a week for the last 5 months.

We can't ask for any more than that.

Losman7 said:
Losman could very well be the greatest Qb to ever play the game, or the second worst (Rob Johnson)

Nobody knows. The only thing we do know is that he has put in more effort in the offseason than I have ever seen from any other player. He's been at it, in Buffalo, 6 days a week for the last 5 months.

We can't ask for any more than that.
Amen to that!:D I love his work ethic. I just hope he makes the right decisions out there.

Im not sure about Losman but if buffalo gives him time to develope and they keep Mcgahee in the backfield then i think he can be a good QB possibly great if his arm is better then I think.

wazzy said:
Im not sure about Losman but if buffalo gives him time to develope and they keep Mcgahee in the backfield then i think he can be a good QB possibly great if his arm is better then I think.

Why do Dolphin fans keep implying Losman has a weak arm? He was known before the draft to have an absolute cannon. It was said that only Roethlisberger had similar arm strength but Losman's release was quicker.

From All-Pro scouting's profile before the draft:

Name: J.P. Losman
College: Tulane/Transfer from UCLA
Jersey: 7
Height: 6024
Weight: 212
40 Time: 4.73
Medical: Sprained left MCL in 2001. Missed 5 games.

General Characteristics
Athletic Ability: Tremendous athlete at the QB position. Excellent movement skills and can create with his legs. 35†vertical.
Speed for Position: Very good speed for position. Shows excellent quickness and agility when on the move.
Strength: BP-375, SQ-460, PC-300. One of the strongest QB’s in the country.
Durability: Sprained MCL in 2001 and missed 5 games, but has never really been dinged up much. Durable player who will play through pain.
Competitiveness: Very competitive player. Will always go balls out until the final whistle blows. Has solid talent around him.
Character: Good kid. Has never been a problem and is well-respected by teammates and coaches. Good personality.

Position Characteristics
Arm Strength: Excellent arm strength. Can make all the NFL style throws, as well as the arm strength to go deep. Excellent velocity and throws well moving left or right with equal strength.
Accuracy: Very accurate at all levels.
Touch: Has a good touch on all throws. Knows when to take something off his throws. Can fit balls into tight windows.
Delivery: Quick delivery. No wasted motion. Very compact.
Set Up: Gets from under center quickly. Good push and is quick to set up in all drops(3-5-7). Very agile player.
Rollout Ability: Very good rollout QB. Can get outside the tackle box and make plays with legs and throws good ball on the run.
Poise: Shows good pocket presence. Keeps cool and confident under pressure and will take a hit. Very tough player.
Judgment: Overall will make good decisions with the football. Will get a little too confident with his arm and try and force some balls.
Mobility: Excellent mobility in and out of the pocket. Avoids the rush and can sprint out and deliver accurate ball with zip.
Awareness: Good field awareness. Sees field well and can read progressions. Shows the ability to find his 2nd and 3rd options.

Bottom Line

J.P. Losman is in his 2nd full season as the starting QB for the Green Wave. Transferred to Tulane in 1999 after originally signing with the UCLA Bruins. Very athletic QB with excellent size, mobility, arm strength, agility, and toughness. An excellent QB prospect who reminds me a lot of former Cal QB Kyle Boller in his physical traits. Threw for 2,468 yards, 19 TD and 10 INT in 2002. Has really worked hard to become a better decision maker with the football during the off-season. Possesses the NFL arm strength and mobility, as well as being a very vocal leader in the huddle. Confident performer who has some good surrounding talent. A player I have seen numerous times in person and who has impressed me with his all-around game. Surely a first round pick barring injury or a total collapse and could hear his name in the top 15 picks. Maybe the best QB prospect in the draft. An enormous physical talent who I see as a starter in the league for years to come and in the right situation, could become an All-Pro caliber player.

Wagon Circler said:
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Moving on..

Bills fans are very excited about Losman. I believe he simply cannot play any worse than cement-shoes Bledsoe. He was extremely impressive in the preseason of his rookie year, and he has been watching film, working out, and playing six days a week in Buffalo this offseason.

I believe the situation in Buffalo surrounding him is too good to mess us, unless he is a total failure, which just doesn't seem to fit with him.
He will make mistakes, that's a given, but I believe people are not giving him enough credit. People simply writing off this season because the bills have a first year starter under center are in for an eye opening experience.

The bills will be a playoff team in '05, without a doubt in my mind. Keep an eye on this kid.
what the hell are you taling about "extremely i mpressive" i live in buffalo and he was not impressive. if he was that impressive he would have been starting. all you bills fans were looking for a reason to get bledsoe outta there and had he been close to decent they would have tried him. losman will be an avg qb for a couple of years then fade out. he is not nearly tough/big enough to get hit by a 300 pound lineman and keep getting up. couple that with the bills "almost as lousy OL"as the dolphins..and he wont last many games. hell troy vincent broke his leg last year and losman is bigger than him. not to mention people here in buffalo are already saying many of his teammates dont like him.....ho wont amount to much more than avg qb

bflomike said:
what the hell are you taling about "extremely i mpressive" i live in buffalo and he was not impressive. if he was that impressive he would have been starting. all you bills fans were looking for a reason to get bledsoe outta there and had he been close to decent they would have tried him. losman will be an avg qb for a couple of years then fade out. he is not nearly tough/big enough to get hit by a 300 pound lineman and keep getting up. couple that with the bills "almost as lousy OL"as the dolphins..and he wont last many games. hell troy vincent broke his leg last year and losman is bigger than him. not to mention people here in buffalo are already saying many of his teammates dont like him.....ho wont amount to much more than avg qb

Well, you might be in Buffalo but you obviously didn't watch the Bills pre-season games because Losman was very impressive. You can certainly claim it doesn't mean anything because it is only pre-season but he WAS impressive nonetheless.

From Nfl.com's Vic Carucci:

But in the context of a preseason game, it didn't matter. What mattered was how Losman threw the ball, how he saw the field, how he reacted to what the Broncos' defense showed him, and how he carried himself.

On all of those counts, he deserved the highest grades a rookie quarterback can earn in a preseason opener -- higher than I would be willing to give most rookie quarterbacks I have witnessed in an opening preseason game.

Losman threw the ball exceptionally well. He saw the field as if he had traded eyes with a longtime veteran. He seemed ready to handle almost everything the Broncos defense threw at him (albeit in a limited capacity for the preseason).

Losman was poised. He was decisive. He was in command. In short, he gave the kind of performance that could easily prompt everyone who saw it to refer to it years from now as the launching pad of a strong NFL career.

I realize that might be a bit over the top for a rookie quarterback, even one selected in the first round. But Losman was that good. He didn't simply throw pretty passes. He fired them while moving laterally in the pocket, something he does quite well. And he fired them in rope-like fashion."

Losman's Pre-Season Debut

As for why he didn't supplant Drew Bledsoe as a rookie....he BROKE HIS LEG in pre-season! If you don't understand that I don't expect you to have the ability to rate his pre-season or his ability to perform better than average.

The Bills coaches even said that if Losman had not broken his leg and the Bills had not gone on that long winning streak that Losman would have seen the field last year. The entire Bills staff has insisted that Losman is an UPGRADE over Bledsoe. Bledsoe was offered the backup job behind Losman but asked for his release instead.

As for the teammates who don't like him....link please?! And PFT does not count.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom