How much can we offer Ogun? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much can we offer Ogun?

If they did it right they could have got PK Sam or ernest wilford.There was plenty of guys like Jenkins they could have gotten as undrafted rooks but they took all DEF guys and a couple of RB's.

NLude33 said:
Excellent Post!!!!

If we get somthing done with Surtain, how much could we save? Anyone know?

Also, What is Chambers cap number this year, and what could it go to with an extension?

I'm glad you appreciated the post.

The simplest restructure is to guarantee the difference between the player's base salary and the minimum the player can make. This amount is then pro-rated over the remaining term of his contract. The difference between the old and new cap charge is the savings.

Finheaven has a salary cap chart listing all the players' cap charges and the link is at the top of this page.

http://www.thefinforum.com/SiteContent/Columnists/capcorner.asp

This is the link to the chart I keep. Here you will also find minimum salary amounts.

finregime said:
If they did it right they could have got PK Sam or ernest wilford.There was plenty of guys like Jenkins they could have gotten as undrafted rooks but they took all DEF guys and a couple of RB's.

The only opening I see is for a #3 WR. Do you think Sam/Wilford/some rookie FA would grab that job over who we have?

There is no way one of those WR (Sam/Wilford/some rookie FA) would even get to dress on Sudays. There is a reason that they feel so far or were not drafted at all. We already have some guys that were late round picks that have been here a year or two, so there would have no point to draft them. As far as June 1 cuts, I think if we could get Northcutt or M. Muhammed (SP?), that would be awesome, but they are not getting cut I don't imagine and MM wouldn't be that much better then D Thompson I don't believe. Who else is a possible cut that you would pick up.....I can't think of any garunteed upgrades that will be availible.

PK Sam definitely would have been clear cut and I think Wilford could have been nice there as well.This team needs to commit to excellence in every position instead relying on the same guys that havent made the 53 man roster over the past couple of years.Our #2 guys sucked last year much less our #3 guyand if you couldnt even make the 53 man how can I feel good about these guys being the competition for the #3.

MM not much better than Thompson?!?!?! Are you on crack? Did you watch the playoffs or SB??? Hes a clear cut possession receiver in any offense.

MM is said to be a casualty unless he agrees to take a pay cut. While that could happen, I think there is a good chance it doesn't and he ends up on the market. The complication that seems more serious to me with him is that the Ravens are so desperate for bodies that they might overpay him.

Yo Jimmy James are you going to that Jan 2nd Baltimore game?

Im on some guy from this boards e-mail list and he's heading up all the info on that trip for catz from this area going to the game.Info includes ticket prices,tail gate info.,etc... If you give me your e-mail address I'll ask him to put you on the list.

I don't think cap space is the reason we are not signing Wale. I wonder if there could be a "conspiracy" (more like a gentleman's agreement) among teams not to break the bank on RFA's. We certainly do not want to set a bad precedent for ourselves where we lose some of the advantages of the CBA.

Next comment would be to the actual dollars for Wale. If he were offered a $10 million signing bonus for 5 years and a minimum salary for the upcoming season, his cap number would only go up about $500K since his tender amount of roughly $1.8+million is already counted against us.

We have heard talk about restructering both Knight's and Surtain's contracts. If we did those we would have more than enough room for Wale and to offer longer term deals to both Chambers to avoid him being a UFA and McMichael being a RFA at the end of this season.

I'd like to see us ATTEMPT to entertain Northcutt or MM. I think the problems with this could directly affect Boston. Boston appears to be a motivational enigma. With our persistent mentioning of 2 WR sets, I think MM would pose a huge threat to Boston. And, not truely understanding him, this move might PO him. Granted, I don't like babying players... but you have to admit that Boston gives us an immediate respected threat opposit of CC. I just think if we bring in MM or DN, we have to make their role known to them before they sign. I think we all agree Boston will be the #2. Northcutt would be more suited for #3... but I think MM may not take anything less than #2. If that's the case, he could become a locker room problem. I'd rather find a 3 WR who's role has been #3 or is comfortable with #3. I don't think we need ANOTHER side show starting on June 1 after we have suffered so many setbacks this year. We need to be stepping forward, not backward again.

As far as Ogun, I think he will be paid less than JT. JT got 6 year $45M, or $7.5M/year. I'd expect Ogun to be in the 5 year $25M - $35M range.

What career #3 wr is out there that can come in fill that role effectively?

Boston might get pissed off if he has some competition? Let's try that. It's not like he had that concern in San Diego, and we saw how it worked out there. I'm all for anything that might light a fire under his *** and get him to contribute up to potential. If he doesn't like it, then it's not like we have that much invested in him...

finregime said:
PK Sam definitely would have been clear cut and I think Wilford could have been nice there as well.This team needs to commit to excellence in every position instead relying on the same guys that havent made the 53 man roster over the past couple of years.Our #2 guys sucked last year much less our #3 guyand if you couldnt even make the 53 man how can I feel good about these guys being the competition for the #3.

Excuse me, but McKnight and Gasden are gone, Boston added, Simmon made the 53 man roster and got injuried, Newson also. They both had excellent PS's. Toliver is the only holder. We've added Minnis, Wilkens, and Carl Norris, I think his name is. This is not the same group who were completing last year. Some of our guys we do have to develope, Some take a 1 or 2 years. Perfect example would be Eric Moulds of Buffalo, it was his 3rd year when he started showing he could be a consistent go to receiver. So if Boston pans out and I think that he will, our #2 from last year will be completing with the new guys and some younsters from last year to be the #3. That plus who's ever left over will have had some experience, other than Toliver. That gives you a good group of Receivers and mix.

Back
Top Bottom