How much can we offer Ogun? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much can we offer Ogun?

NLude33 said:
MM wouldn't be that much better then D Thompson I don't believe.QUOTE]

This is absurd, based on the DT of last year, he couldn't hold Mushin's jock. MM has always been good - just injured a lot. He's been Carolina's main target for years until the emergence of Steve Smith.

I just feel of the 2, DN would be a better fit @ #3. Not only that, I think he would give us the added dimension of PR/KR. Since he's not going to get a lot of play @ #3, he could be valuable to us with his return ability. And let's face it, our return game sucks. We haven't found a decent CONSISTENT return guy since OJ left the job. I'd like to see us find someone who can be #3 AND be full-time return guy for 3 or 4 years. To help solidify WRs and STs at the same time. I just don't think MM can fill that role.

I just feel with the #3, we need to find someone who can do both jobs. That way we get our $$$ out of him, no matter who he is.

Not too mention I'm not completely sold on Wilkins yet.

MM would bring alot to our running game and a "clutch" ability we need. But, I feel DN can probably be had for less $$$. And, with CC needing to be re-signed, we don't need to bring in another #1 or #2 type guy. We need a role player @ #3. JMO

Im glad your optimistic about our WR but it'll take more than that speech to convince me.

finregime said:
What career #3 wr is out there that can come in fill that role effectively?

The role of #3 WR is not a huge one on this team. He needs to make about 25-30 receptions for the season and be a reliable redzone target.

We probably already have that guy on our roster between Minnis, DT, Newson, JR Tolver, Simmons, Morris, and Bellemy.

Yet, it will be interesting to see who the Patsies release if the 20 year old PK Sam makes their roster... Probably JJ Stokes or David Patten will be available. If they try to put PK Sam on the practice squad...that would make him available.

I wouldn't be so high on PK right now... initial word out of the camps is that he is slower than expected and not exactly impressing anyone.

And, I am positive about our WRs. CC is our #1. No Question. DB is a gametime guy. We'll never see him be a practice guru. Even though I don't like it at all.

I simply feel #1 and #2 are relatively locked... no matter what Wanny says. Besides, I don't think any of our other WRs can be an effective #2. This is why I personallly think that #3 is the open spot. And, @ #3, DN offers more than MM. He gives us an X factor with his speed and hands. Not too mention... he HAS proven it on the field for years. This is not a practice jock we are talking about, he is a proven commodity.

Not only have we failed to replace Oronde... we haven't replaced Dedric either.

I like DN there as well but I just dont see them picking that man up simply because that would classify as a smart move which is against their religion.

DN may well offer more than MM does at this point, but it will be reflected in his price if the Browns turn him loose. MM is a guy I think it's possible we can get at a price attractive to the team. Like George Foreman used to say, we're not gonna pay a lot for this #3 WR.

I agree with the $$$ aspect but if the FO screws things up and we somehow lose him it would be easier to justify DN at the flanker spot than MM due to the durability.

Is another reason I like DN... not any major injuries and is younger. Gives us a chance to continue rebuilding with young FAs.

We talking about the same team who fostered the Couch/Holcomb affair? :friday:

He's the only threat that made them look good half the time.

But hey... if they're stupid enough to trade/release him... then I pity their dumb luck.

Back
Top Bottom