How Much For Carson? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much For Carson?

I thought it was a third rounder.. in any event, Thigpen is better than Henne. He's got everything Henne has, plus can create plays, so he should be given a shot to compete for the starting job.

Plus he scored 0 points in his only start. Thicken sucks balls.

I'd give up a McDonald's sundae for Palmer. That's about it.

according to Omar Kelly it's a second round tender worth close to 2 million dollars. Henne will be making around $500k next season.

Goes to show you what' they think about henne. If they were confidet in henne, they wouldn't be paying his backup 4 times his salary. Lol

I thought it was a third rounder.. in any event, Thigpen is better than Henne. He's got everything Henne has, plus can create plays, so he should be given a shot to compete for the starting job.

UHHHH BEARS GAME???????? I never missed Henne so much.

Number one, for those saying Thigpen has everything Henne has. Did you see the Bears game this year? I am not saying Henne is great, but he has got much better of an arm and our offense does a lot more when he is in the game than Thigpen.
Number two, when is the last time the Dolphins have had a quarterback??? None of you would be willing to trade for Carson Palmer? It might only be for 3-4 years, but that would be the most stability we have had at the position since Marino. We have a lot of people blasting Palmer when we haven't had a quarterback of his caliber in 13 years

Bears game wasn't a fair fight. Thigpen lost most of his o-line and Marshall. It was also one of the most poorly coached games I have ever seen. I'm not big on making excuses for players but it's not fair to gauge Thigpen on that game. Henne looked equally terrible agianst the Jets and no one complains about that game.

Carson Palmer is worth a 2nd rounder in 2012 to me. And the Bengals might be willing to hear that offer. He's pulling a power play and Mike Brown is going to want to let him retire rather than trade him, but cooler heads might prevail in the long run by the time the CBA gets finished up and everything.

I don't care what any of you guys say I watched a lot of Carson's games before the season was done to see if he still had it, and he absolutely did. I predicted that would start to show now that Terrell Owens is out for the rest of the season, and sure enough he lights up San Diego, beats them throwing 4 TDs. I watched every single one of his interceptions during the year. I saw Terrell Owens hang him out to dry on 10 interceptions that Carson threw in his direction, not finishing his route, having a route miscommunication, alligator-arming it, not getting open in single coverage by a linebacker, etc. When Terrell Owens went out for the season, Carson Palmer went 62 of 89 for 783 yards, 5 TDs and 2 INTs. That's a 106.2 QB Rating over three games against Cleveland, San Diego and Baltimore. He also wasn't sacked a single time and they won 2 of the 3 games.

I like that article someone pointed out when they said that 22 of Carson's 26 sacks came under 3 seconds. He was under pressure quite a bit this year. He had 31 on target passes dropped. That's good for 8th in the league. I don't think his OL was great.

I'm not saying the guy was awesome. You're not getting hold of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Keep dreaming. Every year will just be another year of totally sucking while you dream of acquiring Tom Brady in his prime for a 3rd rounder. But Carson Palmer was definitely better than Chad Henne. I think things got stale in Cincinnati, just like things got stale for Kurt Warner in St. Louis, and things got stale for Chad Pennington in New York. Sometimes this is how you have to acquire a good QB, by taking a guy that you know has talent, that was highly regarded at one point in his career, and you wait for a time when things are going kind of stale where the guy is right now to the point where a lot of people question whether the guy still has it. Then you pounce and he's a veteran with a lot of pride, suddenly he's back on top again.

I'll tell you this, he was way better this year than Kevin Kolb was in Philadelphia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carson Palmer is worth a 2nd rounder in 2012 to me. And the Bengals might be willing to hear that offer. He's pulling a power play and Mike Brown is going to want to let him retire rather than trade him, but cooler heads might prevail in the long run by the time the CBA gets finished up and everything.

I don't care what any of you guys say I watched a lot of Carson's games before the season was done to see if he still had it, and he absolutely did. I predicted that would start to show now that Terrell Owens is out for the rest of the season, and sure enough he lights up San Diego, beats them throwing 4 TDs. I watched every single one of his interceptions during the year. I saw Terrell Owens hang him out to dry on 10 interceptions that Carson threw in his direction, not finishing his route, having a route miscommunication, alligator-arming it, not getting open in single coverage by a linebacker, etc. When Terrell Owens went out for the season, Carson Palmer went 62 of 89 for 783 yards, 5 TDs and 2 INTs. That's a 106.2 QB Rating over three games against Cleveland, San Diego and Baltimore. He also wasn't sacked a single time and they won 2 of the 3 games.

I like that article someone pointed out when they said that 22 of Carson's 26 sacks came under 3 seconds. He was under pressure quite a bit this year. He had 31 on target passes dropped. That's good for 8th in the league. I don't think his OL was great.

I'm not saying the guy was awesome. You're not getting hold of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Keep dreaming. Every year will just be another year of totally sucking while you dream of acquiring Tom Brady in his prime for a 3rd rounder. But Carson Palmer was definitely better than Chad Henne. I think things got stale in Cincinnati, just like things got stale for Kurt Warner in St. Louis, and things got stale for Chad Pennington in New York. Sometimes this is how you have to acquire a good QB, by taking a guy that you know has talent, that was highly regarded at one point in his career, and you wait for a time when things are going kind of stale where the guy is right now to the point where a lot of people question whether the guy still has it. Then you pounce and he's a veteran with a lot of pride, suddenly he's back on top again.

I'll tell you this, he was way better this year than Kevin Kolb was in Philadelphia.

I've never seen a QB that is as bad as some around here say Palmer is throw for 4000 yards. M.Lewis talked weekly on Sirius Radio how there was a lot of miscommunication with his receivers.......one was dancing and the other was signed right before training camp. Then when both didn't play at the end of the year Palmer looked pretty damn good throwing to Shipley, Simpson and Gresham!

I'd take Palmer in a heart beat we still would need to draft a QB to develope over the next few years.

Thank you ck. This is spot on and I have been saying much of the same things about Palmer, it is good see some situational stats put around some of the statements, I simply do not have the tools to do that.

Carson also provides a few more upsides via trade:

1) He buys you time to address the QB situation longer term but unfortunately Miami will not have this luxury of knowing this before the draft.
2) If Henne somehow beats Palmer in a camp battle then Henne has clearly taken a huge step forward if not you have a great backup.
3) Palmer provides a huge presence and a different type of mentor then Pennington for any Dolphins QB of the future.
4) Palmer also would take some pressure of Daboll being the soul savor of the Miami Offense in 2011.

He might not be Brady or Manning but there are certainly many other QB's with much worse talent on other teams.

Can you imagine heading into camp with Plamer/Henne/Mallet/Thigpen or Plamer/Henne/Thigpen and running back Mark Ingram and/or Williams/Brown and Hillard.

Exciting if you ask this fan and I can not wait to see how this all plays out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen a QB that is as bad as some around here say Palmer is throw for 4000 yards. M.Lewis talked weekly on Sirius Radio how there was a lot of miscommunication with his receivers.......one was dancing and the other was signed right before training camp. Then when both didn't play at the end of the year Palmer looked pretty damn good throwing to Shipley, Simpson and Gresham!

I'd take Palmer in a heart beat we still would need to draft a QB to develope over the next few years.

I think Carson did alright with OchoCinco, personally. They had a chemistry together that didn't simply evaporate. He only threw 3 of his interceptions trying to get the ball to #85. But aside from #85, he was clearly caught forcing the ball to a guy with which he had no familiarity in Terrell Owens, and he paid for it. Also, Shipley was a rookie, and that came with drawbacks. Gresham was a rookie, also came with drawbacks. Jerome Simpson is not really a valid NFL wide receiver. Andre Caldwell isn't much better. Reggie Kelly is not a very good tight end. Cedric Benson doesn't catch the ball out of the backfield well. And their offensive coordinator was just fired this year after he just got done coaching in the senior bowl, so obviously they didn't much like what was going on there with the play calling.

When was the last time Miami had a guy throw for 4000 yards? When was the last time Miami had a guy throw 26 TDs for christsakes. Chad Henne in 2009 and 2010 combined threw 27 TDs. Even Chad Pennington in his great comeback year threw only 19 TDs. Gus Frerotte threw 18 in 2006. Fiedler threw 20 in 2001. Dan Marino threw 23 in 1998.

The last time Miami had a QB throw 26+ TDs...was 1994 when Dan Marino did it. And before that, he hadn't done it since 1988.

And this was a BAD year for Carson Palmer. 4000 yards and 26 passing TDs. A bad year.

Oh yeah, he sucks. We should clearly not get him.

Back
Top Bottom