How Much For Carson? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much For Carson?

I am honestly having a hard time believing the Dolphins tendered Thigpen that high. Then again, a lot of football teams need QBs around the league, hell, if somone is dumb enough to give us a second rounder for him then so be it but I can almost guarantee, Thigpen is NOT going to make 1.9 million dollars as a backup to Henne or anyone else on this football team. Remember, tenders are not guaranteed either.

I say he is just being chummed to see what bites they get.

I am honestly having a hard time believing the Dolphins tendered Thigpen that high. Then again, a lot of football teams need QBs around the league, hell, if somone is dumb enough to give us a second rounder for him then so be it but I can almost guarantee, Thigpen is NOT going to make 1.9 million dollars as a backup to Henne or anyone else on this football team. Remember, tenders are not guaranteed either.

I say he is just being chummed to see what bites they get.

That is exactly what is happening.

Unfortunately for us, he had the spotlight on him for Thursday Night and he didn't leave the greatest impression. But a team like maybe Tennessee, who watched him have success against them could be interested . . . highly doubt for a 2nd/3rd rounder but then again the FA class sucks, rolling with a rookie is never ideal and VY looks to be done. Who they have? Old azz Kerry Collins, FAU product Rusty Smith and weed smoking Chris Simms? Blah.

I think Carson did alright with OchoCinco, personally. They had a chemistry together that didn't simply evaporate. He only threw 3 of his interceptions trying to get the ball to #85. But aside from #85, he was clearly caught forcing the ball to a guy with which he had no familiarity in Terrell Owens, and he paid for it. Also, Shipley was a rookie, and that came with drawbacks. Gresham was a rookie, also came with drawbacks. Jerome Simpson is not really a valid NFL wide receiver. Andre Caldwell isn't much better. Reggie Kelly is not a very good tight end. Cedric Benson doesn't catch the ball out of the backfield well. And their offensive coordinator was just fired this year after he just got done coaching in the senior bowl, so obviously they didn't much like what was going on there with the play calling.

When was the last time Miami had a guy throw for 4000 yards? When was the last time Miami had a guy throw 26 TDs for christsakes. Chad Henne in 2009 and 2010 combined threw 27 TDs. Even Chad Pennington in his great comeback year threw only 19 TDs. Gus Frerotte threw 18 in 2006. Fiedler threw 20 in 2001. Dan Marino threw 23 in 1998.

The last time Miami had a QB throw 26+ TDs...was 1994 when Dan Marino did it. And before that, he hadn't done it since 1988.

And this was a BAD year for Carson Palmer. 4000 yards and 26 passing TDs. A bad year.

Oh yeah, he sucks. We should clearly not get him.

This is my point but somehow clowns here think Palmer sucks. After watching the garbage we have for the last decade you'd think fans would love a shot at a QB as good as Palmer.

article115154203986EA2000005DC313_468x35-1.jpg
http://www.freakingnews.com/Twinkies-Pics-11784.asp

Carson does suck, and anyone who thinks differently is looking at stats, not his play. The guy makes the same boneheaded mistakes we rip Henne for. He hasn't been the same after his injury, and spending anything on him would be a mistake. Good thing that Cincy is too stupid to get what they can, esp from desperate teams like us that would overpay for a mediocre QB on the decline. They didn't take what they could from Washington for ochocinco, which I believe was 2 #1's...why wouldn't they keep Palmer to prove a point too.

Just because he's better than Henne, or Thigpen...doesn't mean he's for us. We'd find better luck looking elsewhere, anywhere.

I thought it was a third rounder.. in any event, Thigpen is better than Henne. He's got everything Henne has, plus can create plays, so he should be given a shot to compete for the starting job.

Thigpen isn't better than Henne. Not sure what planet you are living on, but come back to earth.

A bag of balls, some shower towels and if they really want to negotiate Hennes jock strap...

what 3rd and inches said! Proves the point that Cincy ownes his a** and Palmer has 0 leverage.

Not true, I live in the Cincy area and there is alot being said in the local media.

Carson has $80 Million in the bank and he doesn't need to play another down. He has all the leverage. If Cincy remains stubborn and fails to trade him they will get nothing. After tonight trading wont be an option anyway until this labor mess is sorted out.
At that point he isn't going to do us much good in the summer with no prep time.

I attended a couple games in Cincy (T.B and Miami). Both Henne and Josh Freeman outplayed Carson in both games.
Carson really hasn't been the same since that terrible injury in the playoffs against the Steelers. He Threw a terrible pick six against TB where he stared down the reciever from the start. I'd pass on him.

Anyone giving a pick above the 5th round is just wasting their resources.

give them a 5th that could turn into a 4th or 3rd depending on his performance .call it a win win

UHHHH BEARS GAME???????? I never missed Henne so much.

The Bears game? Lol.. Those that base their rating of Thigpen on the bears game crack me up, and it shows they truly do not understand football. The bears game :lol::lol2::lol: thats a good one

And if any team were to trade for Carson Palmer they would get his current contract which pays him $50M over the next 4 years.
No Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom