How much time are you willing to give Adam Gase as HC? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much time are you willing to give Adam Gase as HC?

How many more years should Gase get to turn things around?

• Total voters
The fact is...the players in today's NFL are spoiled brat millenials that are killing the sport.

The national anthem protests are symptomatic of the problem with this league. Kaepernick, Vernon and all the rest of the morons following them are alienating fans in large numbers.

I'm a 47 year diehard veteran who is starting to lose interest myself....never thought I'd see that day.

Gase is dealing with spoiled brats who would rather kill their sport than study the playbook...I feel for him.

I'll say something else...I finally get why Saban ran back to college ball where players can't get away with such stupidity...but how long will that last in this environment?

Wow! Wow! Blue...Let's play, shall we? Why are they moronic? More specifically what do YOU know and have experienced personally regarding why and the format of their protest?

The people calling for Gase's head already need to understand that the guy doing the hiring is Stephen Ross, who has shown to be incompetent in hiring most FO and HCs for this team. I'd much rather have a guy like Gase with potential than a deadbeat like Joe Philbin again. If we fire Gase, Ross will just hire another in over-his-head HC or a washed up loser like Jeff Fisher. I'd rather just roll the dice with Gase again and give him the time to develop. He showed enough his first season to give him some time to see things play out, especially with a competent QB back at the helm. Not many coaches would have a winning team with the Cutler/Moore turd combo all season.

Constantly changing the coaching staff will never get us anywhere. I think Gase has the right idea with how much he seems to value continuity he just needs to make sure he has the right players and coaches around him. I'm sure this season is killing him especially the fact that his offense, which was supposed to be a team strength is the biggest embarrassment on the team. I kind if harp on this but he really needs to take a good look at game planning going prior to next season. Maybe it's him, maybe it's Clyde or a combination of the two but I've never seen a team consistently not only get off to a slow start but look completely anemic on offense like we have even over the last 2 seasons. Our prior coaching staffs, which many here think are terrible, were much better at getting off to good starts they just sucked at adjusting and managing the clock. At least Tony and 2 scored 2 wins vs Belechick, and Joe actually had 2 vs Brady and Belechick, Gase has gotten embarrassed 3 times with the 4th coming in 2 weeks.

Defense is puzzling as well. I have no idea ho NE does what they do with all those Jags in the front 7 but they do. Actually, once they started blitzing our line was absolutely pitiful at picking it up. It seems like once we needed to throw they were running simple blitzes that we couldn't pick up. Just curious is that poor pre snap awareness by Moore, bad line play or the combination of the 2?

Is it the Miami culture that causes our players to not give a damn? Are they just happy to be in Miami so they can go out and party and collect a big paycheck but think they don't have to put in the work on the practice field and on game day?

Face it, Miami has one of the biggest night life scenes of any NFL city. Maybe players just go through the motions when they come to Miami but all they want to do is spend all their time and energy at the clubs.

The people calling for Gase's head already need to understand that the guy doing the hiring is Stephen Ross, who has shown to be incompetent in hiring most FO and HCs for this team. I'd much rather have a guy like Gase with potential than a deadbeat like Joe Philbin again. If we fire Gase, Ross will just hire another in over-his-head HC or a washed up loser like Jeff Fisher. I'd rather just roll the dice with Gase again and give him the time to develop. He showed enough his first season to give him some time to see things play out, especially with a competent QB back at the helm. Not many coaches would have a winning team with the Cutler/Moore turd combo all season.
I agree that we should keep with him. But there are certain things that ... make it hard to truly believe in him.

The arrogance with which he answers questions about his starting QB, as if people are nuts to even question that it's Cutler. Really? Cutler is that much better than Moore? No, maybe he's slightly better. At this point though, he should be playing Fales. Season is done, why not look at him?

Julius Thomas played most of the tight ends this weekend. What has he shown us? We have a young lad on the roster, why isn't he getting looks?

He tells us Pouncey is his best OL player. Bushrod up there too. Really? He must be watching different games than us. People will say "we don't know what Gase is asking them to do". Well, that's true. But unless he's asking them to suck spectacularly at both run and pass blocking, then I don't think they're doing their jobs right.

We have young players like Asiata, Brendel, Davis (he's only getting time now because of injuries) - why aren't we looking at those players now?

There are many other decisions, I don't even feel like going into them. It's just too depressing.

Putting a year mark on it never made much sense to me. Other teams have given coaches WAY too many years. If I see the same dumb **** next year with this team, I have no interest in seeing another after it. Some got it, some don't. It doesn't take a long time to figure that out any more.
Last year, Gase did a great job coaching down the stretch and got us our first playoff birth since 2008. This year, he is clearly struggling and I question some of his decision, but blowing it up and starting over after some arbitrary deadline that you are putting on it, doesn't make sense to me either. I don't know what the right amount of time is....I guess it is more of a feeling that a hard date, but the tendency is to overreact and that has gotten us nowhere

I agree that we should keep with him. But there are certain things that ... make it hard to truly believe in him.

The arrogance with which he answers questions about his starting QB, as if people are nuts to even question that it's Cutler. Really? Cutler is that much better than Moore? No, maybe he's slightly better. At this point though, he should be playing Fales. Season is done, why not look at him?

Julius Thomas played most of the tight ends this weekend. What has he shown us? We have a young lad on the roster, why isn't he getting looks?

He tells us Pouncey is his best OL player. Bushrod up there too. Really? He must be watching different games than us. People will say "we don't know what Gase is asking them to do". Well, that's true. But unless he's asking them to suck spectacularly at both run and pass blocking, then I don't think they're doing their jobs right.

We have young players like Asiata, Brendel, Davis (he's only getting time now because of injuries) - why aren't we looking at those players now?

There are many other decisions, I don't even feel like going into them. It's just too depressing.

I see what you're saying and I've always been a Moore supporter and feel badly that he failed miserably when called upon to start this year but I think we see now hat Cutler is better for this offense. I guess what I'd need to know is how responsible Moore was for blitz pickups yesterday. It was very sad that once we needed to pass the Pats were running simple blitzes that were resulting in sacks like every time. Is it Moore's job to call those out pre-snap or is it Pouncey? If it's Pouncey than Gase is an idiot because he always praises him for getting the line calls right but if it's Moore it was piss poor.

1 more year, give him a competent QB and see what he does. If there is no improvement hire a new HC. Preferably someone like Bowles who knows how to play a little bit of defense, Burke is in over his head even more so than Gase, if that's even possible.

Cutler/Moore turd combo ... love it :thumbsup

Tired of the coaching carousel......he should get another 2 -3 years (5 total) to build the team in his way. Changing coaches every 2 or 3 years hasn't gotten us anywhere.
Outside Saban who quit and interim coaches we never changed coaches every 2 to 3 years.
Philbin: 4 years
Sparano: 4 1/2 years
Wannstedt: 5 3/4 years
Johnson: 4 years

Outside Saban who quit and interim coaches we never changed coaches every 2 to 3 years.
Philbin: 4 years
Sparano: 4 1/2 years
Wannstedt: 5 3/4 years
Johnson: 4 years
Don't ruin the narrative with facts.

Anyone who argues that we don't give coaches enough time should begin by citing examples of the coaches who should have been retained past their obvious expiration date. Sparano past 2011, Philbin past 2015, Wanny past 2004? Only one who was never given a chance was Cameron and nobody's advocating for him.

If anything, coaches are given way too much rope and then proceed to hang themselves with it, along with the franchise's fortunes. Sparano should have been gone after the way the 2010 season ended. And Philbin should have been gone after 2014 at the latest. Wanny probably should have been canned after 2002, but without question after 2003. But they were all retained and proceeded to drive the team off the cliff the following season.

I give Gase at least another season, but he can't go into next year status quo. Tannehill's absence does not explain all of the deficiencies on this team. At one point early in the season, you could argue that the defense was getting worn down because of offensive ineptitude, but that's not the case now. There has been a clear regression on defense. The penalty problem has persisted, with no clear fix in mind. The communication problems on offense and defense have persisted. The execution problems on offense and defense have persisted. These are problems that don't originate with the QB injury.

Back
Top Bottom