How to fix the o-line... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to fix the o-line...

PFF thinks Steen is a great run blocker, maybe I'm wrong about his run blocking, I just didn't see any push.

I've watched that tunsil tape from yesterday it's not as bad as it's being made out to be.

He had a solid saints game. But we aren't getting top 10 left tackle play that's for sure. I think the whole guard thing set him back on space play at tackle.

Im seeing more a guard top heavy looking athlete this year not the terrific feet he came in the league with. Head dropping etc.
This is exactly what NRA said last year when we trotted out Albert at LT and Tunsil at LG. Should have played Tunsil at LT from the get-go. Where's NRA gone anyway? Still mad at the guys not standing for the anthem? Or is he banned?

That $10 million we blew on Cutler would have been a nice carryover for next season when
Carolina Panthers left guard Andrew Norwell becomes an UFA.

The problems with the oline really shouldn't be that shocking. Tunsil is starting at LT in the NFL for the first time in his life, should we expect no growing pains? Steen imo would have major trouble finding a starting job in the league. He has an Alabama pedigree but his anchor is weak in pass protection and I don't see him moving people in the run game. He isn't helping things on Sunday, not in love with#77 but I'm willing to wait and hope that he'll be a good player for us. Pouncey doesn't practice and it shows in his game. I'm not sure he's ever going to be the player we're hoping for him to be. He doesn't look close to his Pro Bowl form. Bushrod is not that great and he wasn't all that great last year. James is playing very well and is a bright spot. On top of all that the QB that runs the offense goes down and the line is dealing with a brand new guy who they don't know at all. This offense needs reps together, 1000's of them, maybe then they'll gel into a formidable unit.

- I could be wrong, but didnt Tunsil start at LT last year when Albert was out? I thought he got several starts there and did reasonably well.

- The Pouncey issue and the reps, I couldnt agree more. In fact, this is my biggest gripe with the oline and Gase this year. We treated the preseason like a resort & spa instead of working these guys to build cohesion. We are paying for it now.

- As for the other guys, I cant complain about James this year, but damn, we still need a RT, no way I am paying him 9 mil next year, he isnt THAT good. Bushrod is over the hill unfortunately, not sure he can get it done anymore. Larsen injury was bad for us, but honestly, its not like he was an all-pro that we lost. Steen would probably plug in well with a good and cohesive unit that can mask some of his deficiencies, but I think he is a victim of the shitshow we have on the oline.

Sign branden Albert. Move Tunsil to gaurd again.

IMO this will bandaid fix the left side and at least give us hope.

How long do you think he would last?

BA was held together with spit and duct tape last year, I just dont see us bringing in a guy that might last 2 games before getting hurt again.

Last edited:
Lets look at the Cowboys. After the Jimmy Johnson era with that dominant Oline that brought them three SBs, Dallas had one of the worst Oline for over a decade. They then shifted gears and spent the next 3 (possibly 4) drafts taking an Olineman in the first round. In other words, Dallas FINALLY realized how important a good Oline is and went about fixing the problem with no help for Jerry Jones mind you. Drafting a C, LG and LT in early rounds are not sexy picks, but the Dolphins are a perfect example of what could happen when you neglect certain positions for so long even with all our talent at WR. Now I am not saying this is our only problem by any means, but I tell you this, we can blame Cutler, Tannehill and even Moore all we want but the damn Oline is crippling this team whether that be through bad drafting, expensive FA's or simply just plain neglect. I was a big supporter of Pouncy but he is finished, he is living off of past glory, Tunsil is young and IMO a keeper, and for **** sake start Asiata...nothing to lose at this point.

Give Asiata a chance at LG. Is there really much to lose? Miami's guard play has to be the worst in the NFL through four games. Asiata should instantly help in the running

I don't understand these Dolfans... LG is not the issue apparently. It is RG (Bushrod). Why bench Steen when he is showing improvements?

Sign branden Albert. Move Tunsil to gaurd again.

IMO this will bandaid fix the left side and at least give us hope.
I agree, Tunsil is not ready and this is a logical answer.

Larsen can practice after week 6 and play week 8 vs the Ravens. He will be able to play in 9 games this year (instead of only 8) due to the week 1 bye. Assuming he is on track physically.

Larsen can practice after week 6 and play week 8 vs the Ravens. He will be able to play in 9 games this year (instead of only 8) due to the week 1 bye. Assuming he is on track physically.

upload_2017-10-12_15-18-56.jpeg

Good luck tonight boss, should be a great game.

I actually nailed the oline and QB struggles early. My posts went ignored not many wanted to believe it I guess. While tooting my own horn I admit I didn't expect it to be this bad. Hopefully it will get better.

Back
Top Bottom