How Will Opposing Teams Defend The Offense Now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Will Opposing Teams Defend The Offense Now?

My only problem with Drake - Injury prone.

He is capable of being a quality RB in this league.

I definitely want to see Drake running, even Perry
Have no interest in DW rushing

Well, if you are only good at running the ball and poor at pass blocking and pass catching...I mean the defense can key a little easier. So having some players with a little variety may actually be helpful.

In my opinion the team should move to a spread-type offense, where there are lots of receivers on the field, and the emphasis is on quick passing, with less of a need for sustained blocks. And then sprinkle in some surprise runs up the middle, where the defenders have vacated the area to cover the many receivers.

Now of course that’s not a typical NFL offense, but the team is currently performing extremely poorly on offense, and there is really nothing else that I can think of that can change that with the team’s current offensive personnel. It certainly no longer has the option of any kind of smashmouth run game.

I'm actually excited to see what Gase is going to do with the offense now, although I am mostly doubtful of any significant improvement before RT17 gets back and the line is fixed, err, "patched" some more.

Can't possibly be worse.... **** it, just air it out. We should be getting DVP back. Too bad they didn't trade for a young TE that is someone's backup right now.

IMO we have one shot, Davante Parker playing 9 straight games and becoming the guy everyone thinks he's capable of being. Unfortunately he'll probably flash and get hurt again.

With Drake on the field they will have to account for his pass catching ability and same as Williams.

Like another poster said. Spread the defense out and run some draw plays.

DVP being back will help some, but the o was still struggling with him there already. Ajayi was only a runner and nothing else. Kinda easy to defend a RB who can’t do anything else but run.

That's not good for a power RB, not good at all. Drake's not going to outrun anyone, but he should be able to get the tough yards. If he is injury prone, our problems are still mounting.

We really won't know if he is injury prone until we start giving him more than 1.4 carries/game. Players that never miss a play in college sometimes become injury prone in the pros, and vice versa. At least we should get to find out moving forward.

well it's entirely possible the running game will have more room and we'll have less room to pass, but then, once we get the ball going and they start to compress down on us, we have to be able to go over the top and give the QB time to actually let the receivers run the route. Like hoops said until we make them pay for crowding the line, they have no reason not to.

That's not good for a power RB, not good at all. Drake's not going to outrun anyone, but he should be able to get the tough yards. If he is injury prone, our problems are still mounting.

Drake flies, what am I missing. He's a 4.45 guy, much faster than Ajayi.

I'm excited about the prospect of getting the RB's involved in the passing game. Defending good pass catching backs is a big weakness in NFL defenses. It would be nice to exploit this.

Drake is the exact opposite of the above. He's lightning fast, but isn't likely going to get the tough yards. More likely to get injured pulling something than getting roughed up inside the tackles.

Back
Top Bottom