Huizenga to Marlins: Get the H*** out of my stadium! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga to Marlins: Get the H*** out of my stadium!

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/10391425.htm

Pro Player Stadium, owned by Dolphins and former Marlins owner H. Wayne Huizenga, has informed the Marlins they will not be permitted to play there after the 2010 season, an official close to stadium management told The Herald Friday.
Pro Player Stadium President Bruce Schulze confirmed the Marlins will be bounced after 2010, the last of a series of one-year lease options for the team, and said the move will allow the stadium to pursue other events such as cricket and soccer.
Huizenga, who was the original owner of the Marlins when the team debuted in 1993, has said the stadium makes only $1 million to $2 million annually from the Marlins and the facility would be better off without them.

He also said the amount the Marlins generate could be made up with a couple of extra concerts. Huizenga was out of town and unavailable Friday, according to his office.
One thing is certain, Pro Player Stadium(by then it will be DHL Stadium) will be 100% ours after the 2010 season.

Then he can rename TSFKAJRS "DR. EVIL WANNABE FIELD"

clear.gif

clear.gif

Marlins just need to pack up and go to Vegas man... stop the pain for everyone involved...

Pericles349 said:
Marlins just need to pack up and go to Vegas man... stop the pain for everyone involved...
No, the marlins need to get a stadium next to my house and play there..

They'll eventually get their own stadium, so why wish them away from Florida? Have some consideration for all the Marlins fans out there that enjoy watching them play.

dolfan3033 said:
No, the marlins need to get a stadium next to my house and play there..

They'll eventually get their own stadium, so why wish them away from Florida? Have some consideration for all the Marlins fans out there that enjoy watching them play.
Well maybe because they're already looking in Las Vegas. He's not wishing them away, he's just stating what the news said.

byroan said:
Well maybe because they're already looking in Las Vegas. He's not wishing them away, he's just stating what the news said.

its a bluff to get the parties involved more active...

Typical double talk. Wayne playing to the media to sugar coat the truth behind the scenes.

Earlier this year he called out Mare for missing "game winning" field goals. Some of the most important ones were on INFIELD dirt.

Fans cheered him for calling out Mare, but were ignorant why Mare was missing them. Meanwhile, he was pocketing the MILLION$$$ from the lease agreement.

Now, he's portraying himself to be "angry" about the dirt. Casting himself as the "defender" of the "fans" by telling the Marlins to get out of "our" house. Fans are buying this routine as well.

Meanwhile, he got to single out a SINGLE player for our losses while he laughed all the way to the bank.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Typical politician behavior and the "voters" still feel empathy for his cause.

"I'm just a poor rich guy."

It's amazing how the mob mentality (wanting heads for losing) makes people leave their common sense at home.

TerryTate said:
its a bluff to get the parties involved more active...
Of course it is.Its just a negotiating ploy.Does anybody really think the team will be moved to Las Vegas?.The TV market is not big enough.

Here is what my local paper had to say regarding the Marlins:

"The Florida Marlins have met with Las Vegas officials about a possible move, saying negotiations for a new ballpark in Miami have lasted longer than the team anticipated..........Jeffrey Loria, Marlins Owner, met with Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman and others for about 90 minutes on Wednesday."

I think it would be nice for the Marlins to have their own place considering how we have lost games by having to kick off the dirt infield (Mare last year against New England comes to mind). I'd hate to see the Marlins leave Miami, but I feel the Dolphins must come first. I doubt MLB is going to put a team in Vegas, however, considering their concerns about gambling.

CrunchTime said:
Of course it is.Its just a negotiating ploy.Does anybody really think the team will be moved to Las Vegas?.The TV market is not big enough.
I wouldn't want my team in Las Vegas. Gambling and hookers galore. Be lucky to win 20 games.

Back
Top Bottom