Hunt to Test F/A | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt to Test F/A

Why would other teams not value Williams as a center, when he ranked 2nd at his position last year? He had a run grade of 90 and a pass grade over 70. The Steelers would definitely be interested in him because they are a run first team and are in need of a C. I don’t believe other teams won’t be involved in Williams.

Major snapping issues resulting in what 10 or so fumbles and Tua did a great job on most of the bad snaps that weren’t even counted as fumbles. The reason it’s alright for Miami is McDaniel’s loves to have Williams hit the edge on pitch outs which is a majority of our run game and on end arounds. This isn’t common for most centers and there’s very few that have the athletic ability for to do so however most schemes don’t rely on it like Miami.

I recall the old logic being.

Draft everyone to be a tackle (metrics) , if it doesn't work, they move to guard. If they fail at guard, then they move to center if they have the intelligence for that position.

Hunt was drafted following this logic. He really didn't work out at ORT, so he was moved to his natural position of OG.
Yep, agree. Find a bug RT and slide him inside.

At one point NE was down 28-3 to Atlanta in the SB. That wasn't competitive?
Outliers don't work. Nothing is 100%. I don't understand the online fascination with outliers. djphinfan is absolutely correct, a 21-0 game at halftime is non-competitive and the remainder can't be used as an example of anything.

I was emphasizing that here late season when a prominent poster was citing that Chiefs game as evidence that the Dolphins were the better team. He watched the game and came to that conclusion. I responded that a 21-0 deficit is ripe to one misconception after another.

The 2023 Chiefs were a lazy team and became severely underrated as result. Ravens fans continue to insist they were the better team and should have blown out Kansas City. It is totally delusional but based on the same type of flawed perspective as the Dolphins/Chiefs regular season matchup. Baltimore punted to open the game. Mahomes drove 86 yards for a touchdown. After Baltimore matched with a touchdown, Mahomes drove 75 yards for another touchdown.

Two drives. Two touchdowns. The remainder turned into a slugfest. But you can't wish away those early scores, or pretend they wouldn't happen again if Mahomes suddenly needed points. Mahomes won the game early, not the defense late. It's like a track runner who rips the field open from the outset and is never headed.

Your comment was "You can’t go down 21-0 and think it was a competitive games." Yes, it is possible to THINK it could be a competitive game. Fans of the losing team do that with frequency. And it is the outliers that give fans hope. Here's another outlier. Miami Vs TENN. Miami up by 14 with 4:30 left. I'm certain a lot of people THOUGHT that wasn't a competitive game.

I'll agree when the better team gets up early, it's very unlikely the lesser team with come back. But that's as far as I'll go > very unlikely. Maybe I'm focused too much on wording, but it's very common for the fans of the losing team to THINK the game is still competitive. That's the magic of outliers and human hope.

So, does the photo hunt showed indicate good news?

Apparently he posted a picture of the Phins training facility/ grass with those "crazy looking eyes" lol.

Could be good news on an extension

So, does the photo hunt showed indicate good news?

Apparently he posted a picture of the Phins training facility/ grass with those "crazy looking eyes" lol.

Could be good news on an extension

Or bad news if your someone who would prefer he sign elsewhere, like I do. Unless we’re talking like $12M a year. Too many good OG prospects in this draft to crimp our cap for one.

I think they believe they’ll re-sign one of Williams, Hunt or Wilkins and are just trying to get the best value out of anyone of the 3 of them and look to replace the other two in the draft. While all 3 wanted to get paid, as it’s get closer to free agency, the has to be a bit of trepidation with the unknown and one of them might blink. Doubtful it’s Wilkins obviously.

The new Guard market:

Kevin Dotson

LARGuard#69

Rams re-signed OG Kevin Dotson to a three-year, $48 million contract.

Dotson was a fourth-round pick by the Steelers in 2020. He joined the Rams last summer when he was traded in a deal that also included several Day 3 draft picks. Dotson would go on to start all 14 games he appeared in for the Rams last season, playing exclusively at right guard while earning a PFF blocking grade of 85.2—the highest grade of his career. Dotson’s new deal includes $32 million in guaranteed money and will keep him under contract through 2026.

Ezra Cleveland

JAXGuard#76

Jaguars signed OG Ezra Cleveland to a three-year, $28.5 million contract.

Per NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, Cleveland’s deal includes $14.5 million in guaranteed money. The Jaguars acquired Cleveland from the Vikings in a deadline trade last season. He went on to start seven games for them, with six of his starts coming at left guard. He also stepped in to make a surprise start at left tackle in Week 14 against the Browns, showing versatility on both the interior and the outside. His new deal will keep him under contract with the Jaguars through 2026.

Just pretending that PFF scores reflect reality for a moment.

Dotson 16m/year average... 85.2 PFF
Cleveland 9.5m/year average... 59.5 PFF
Hunt ???... 77.1 PFF

So... closer to the 16m than the 9.5m.

Maybe 14m/average?

Hunt might have been there to clean up his locker for all we know....lol
I thought that too but I'm kicking out those negative thoughts...

Jim Kelly Kick GIF by Warner Archive

Back
Top Bottom