Hunt to Test F/A | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt to Test F/A

You had me at the word "cometh" ;)
Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

Terron Armstead isn’t worth Terron Armstead money either.
This is a matter of perspective. When Armstead plays he's one of the be LTs in the game. The best LTs are on contracts worth $25m p.a. Armstead's contract is $15m average p.a. He gets about 60% of the top players in his position and only plays 60% of the time. Kinda puts him right on the money. :)

This is a matter of perspective. When Armstead plays he's one of the be LTs in the game. The best LTs are on contracts worth $25m p.a. Armstead's contract is $15m average p.a. He gets about 60% of the top players in his position and only plays 60% of the time. Kinda puts him right on the money. :)
True. That's why its important for us to draft an OT who can learn from him (Armstead is a good teacher) this season and who will also see playing time when TA gets hurt. Then the new OT can take over full time in 2025.

True. That's why its important for us to draft an OT who can learn from him (Armstead is a good teacher) this season and who will also see playing time when TA gets hurt. Then the new OT can take over full time in 2025.
Sorry, I'm not on board with that. The Dolphins need to be drafting interior this year, if they can find a tackle that can play guard for a year then great otherwise it needs to be centre and guards that are drafted. Got to keep the pressure out of Tua's face and let him have room to step up if needed. He doesn't have the athleticism to get outside the DE's so give him space up the middle.

Sorry, I'm not on board with that. The Dolphins need to be drafting interior this year, if they can find a tackle that can play guard for a year then great otherwise it needs to be centre and guards that are drafted. Got to keep the pressure out of Tua's face and let him have room to step up if needed. He doesn't have the athleticism to get outside the DE's so give him space up the middle.
Actually we agree. I want our first rounder to the best center available and our second rounder the best OT available. In the best case, we trade down, pick up a third and still land JPJ or Barton.

Bottom line is, you can't keep them all. I like Hunt a lot, but guards are much easier to find than other positions.

That’s what I figure. My guess is he’s offered okay money as a guard however Miami will value him as an elite center while others probably won’t play him at center. He hasn’t played guard in two years either plus coming off another torn ACL. My guess is market hits him hard and hopefully comes back tail tucked.
Why would other teams not value Williams as a center, when he ranked 2nd at his position last year? He had a run grade of 90 and a pass grade over 70. The Steelers would definitely be interested in him because they are a run first team and are in need of a C. I don’t believe other teams won’t be involved in Williams.

Bottom line is, you can't keep them all. I like Hunt a lot, but guards are much easier to find than other positions.
I recall the old logic being.

Draft everyone to be a tackle (metrics) , if it doesn't work, they move to guard. If they fail at guard, then they move to center if they have the intelligence for that position.

Hunt was drafted following this logic. He really didn't work out at ORT, so he was moved to his natural position of OG.

I recall the old logic being.

Draft everyone to be a tackle (metrics) , if it doesn't work, they move to guard. If they fail at guard, then they move to center if they have the intelligence for that position.

Hunt was drafted following this logic. He really didn't work out at ORT, so he was moved to his natural position of OG.
In a lot of mocks, a lot of these late round 1st and 2nd round OTs are projected to become guards

Actually we agree. I want our first rounder to the best center available and our second rounder the best OT available. In the best case, we trade down, pick up a third and still land JPJ or Barton.

Agreed.

My 1st priority is JPJ.
BUT Barton is a great plan B.

I am a firm believer that for this offense and Tua, the IOL is priority. But that's just my opinion of course lol

Agreed.

My 1st priority is JPJ.
BUT Barton is a great plan B.

I am a firm believer that for this offense and Tua, the IOL is priority. But that's just my opinion of course lol
You’re spot on. If we can land either of those with a traded down first and then grab the OT from Yale or Houston our OL could be set for the next several years.

the biggest issue with TA is that it stifles the cohesiveness of the line. It sucks having to jockey guys around whenever he's out and it's quite often. Guys need to be at one position working with the dudes next to them a lot to move forward.

You can’t go down 21-0 and think it was a competitive games Ghost

Maybe, but on the other hand it was a play or two away from being 14-7 and KC couldn't muster any offense in the 2nd half for the third consecutive week. They went 3 games without scoring in the second half.

Reeks fumble came when they were finally moving the ball.

Maybe, but on the other hand it was a play or two away from being 14-7 and KC couldn't muster any offense in the 2nd half for the third consecutive week. They went 3 games without scoring in the second half.

Reeks fumble came when they were finally moving the ball.
Still. It was a frustrating game because they played with us for a good part of the game.. then it was all catch up never really toe to toe matchup

Back
Top Bottom