Hunt to Test F/A | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt to Test F/A

Well, there you go, Hunt is one of our better guys, but man 15 - 17 M, brutal price, I mean, great for him I have to wish him the best, but what a caramba. Even though the cap keeps going up, man how long can you pay interior lineman that much, where do the centers end up. So, I know that there is literally not a lack of money, but as time goes on, if teams are willing to pay like this, someone is going to be in bad shape. I will say that IF CG and the crew sees the team through this year till next year, I will officially burn my Lemming ID Card, and all of my lemming swag, never speak ill of him again and also buy one of those weird dogs Ray has.

The Ever On The Horns Of A Dilemma VIPER

I wonder if Miami thinks Ryan Hayes could challenge for something along the Oline? Maybe playing Eichenberg at RG and Jones at LG?

Very very deep draft for Oline

Restock with talented players on cheap contracts.

Austin is ready to be the vet on that side now.

I'm going to seriously disagree with what has been said here...

I'd pay him.

He is the highest rated interior lineman on ALL of the FA lists... and with Armstead leaving in 2025, we will have room for a second well-paid lineman. (Jackson only making a mid-high amount).

He is my #1 priority... not Wilkins... long term.

I'd sign him to a 5 year contract and not look back.
it is sad the one good OL this team has drafted it's allowed to leave

here's what I'm reading .......when grier says they like the young OL guys we have which means guys like Cotton/Eich/Kion Smith/Hayes......it sounds a lot like last year when he said that people were more worried about the OL than the team was.

Translation- they just might not see the OL as a priority once again......hope I'm wrong but at most we might draft one OL guys9and it might not be with our top pick......and grier might try his usual signing of a cheap/injured veteran and think the line is fixed

I really hope I'm wrong

Getting Jackson for the price we signed him at makes that $17 million much easier to swallow imo. Looking at around $30 million for your G/T combo on Tuas blindside. Not bad.

Assuming Tua signs $50M extension, Tua, Waddle, Tyreek count $100M against cap in 2025.

I'm going to seriously disagree with what has been said here...

I'd pay him.

He is the highest rated interior lineman on ALL of the FA lists... and with Armstead leaving in 2025, we will have room for a second well-paid lineman. (Jackson only making a mid-high amount).

He is my #1 priority... not Wilkins... long term.

I'd sign him to a 5 year contract and not look back.
I agree.

We have 2 decent olinemen, we cant afford to let one of them leave.

We will never be able to build a decent oline if we let this guy walk, we simply dont have the resources.

here's what I'm reading .......when grier says they like the young OL guys we have which means guys like Cotton/Eich/Kion Smith/Hayes......it sounds a lot like last year when he said that people were more worried about the OL than the team was.

Translation- they just might not see the OL as a priority once again......hope I'm wrong but at most we might draft one OL guys9and it might not be with our top pick......and grier might try his usual signing of a cheap/injured veteran and think the line is fixed

I really hope I'm wrong

youre right GIF

Absolutely no surprise. I never thought for a second he’d come back.

Easiest position to fill on offense. Centers are much harder to find.

Not even close to worth that kind of money. I’d rather pay Wilkins $25M than pay Hunt even $15M.

He wasn’t worth the 39th pick either.

We couldn’t pick up a single first down in the run game on third and short in 2022 despite having this guy.

Always sacrifice the OG when money is tight. It’s a staple principal of the NFL. Thank god the FO agrees.

Laken Tomlinson 2.0. He’ll be released two years into the contract by a bad team that can’t justify his salary.

Last edited:
When u pay avg qb 30 to 50 million but u don't want pay nobody else on team. I hate see u go but go get ur money.

I really hope I'm wrong
I hope you're wrong too, but I think you are right.

If so, I will officially be off the Grier train.

Back
Top Bottom