*** Hurricane Recruiting News *** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hurricane Recruiting News ***

I never thought he was coming to UM anyway. At least he's not going to UF, where it was heavily rumored he'd land.

Debose gave Florida a verbal at the UA game. But I'd rather have him at FSU. Our conference needs to get stronger.

Debose gave Florida a verbal at the UA game. But I'd rather have him at FSU. Our conference needs to get stronger.

Eff that. I really don't want to have to face that dude once, possibly twice a year. He's going to be a REAL game changer. But apparently the rumors are true. As far as Richardson goes, I hear he had a real nice visit but I am still not going to get my hopes up about him coming here nor will I for Marcus Hall either.

I think Marcus Hall is going to Ohio State. I'm hoping that Richardson comes, we could really use him.

Eff that. I really don't want to have to face that dude once, possibly twice a year. He's going to be a REAL game changer. But apparently the rumors are true. As far as Richardson goes, I hear he had a real nice visit but I am still not going to get my hopes up about him coming here nor will I for Marcus Hall either.

The more our conference struggles, the more often one loss will kill the season. Unlike in the SEC, where they have so much respect, that a 2-loss team can make it to the national title game. Besides, good defenses beat good offenses.

I'm not getting my hopes up about either of those guys. They're kids. They want to play in front of their families, and stay close to home. I think we'd have a better chance with Richardson, but you can tell that Hall is a momma's boy and isn't gonna leave, whether she says she approves or not.

Edit: According to Rivals, Hall has said that Miami isn't in his top 2. Looks like he's going to be a buckeye.

Quote by Marcus Hall from Rivals:

Having cut Miami from his list, Hall acknowledged his weekend on Rocky Top makes the next 48-72 hours critical.

"Yeah, it does. It makes it a lot tougher because I was with Miami and Ohio State before I got here, and I kind of thought about Miami, and it really didn't fit into what I am trying to do as a player and as a person," he said. "Talking to coach (Lane) Kiffin and coach (Ed) Orgeron, it really did make it real hard. I've got a big decision to make."

Doesn't fit what he's trying to do as a player or person? That's a strange comment.

Looking like Hall to OSU, a source close to his recruiting gave up the news, but he will call coaches by 1 p.m. today to officially make his intentions known.

No surprise on Hall. I think our guy tho is going to be Sheldon Richardson. Terell Mitchell visited last weekend and left without a scholarship. Shannon knows we desperatly need a TE, and I wud think he wud only do a move like this if he thinks we got Sheldon locked up. If we can get Peter White, and Sheldon Richardson this is a good class.

I wish we cud have added a couple more CB's. Last year we let Patrick Johnson slip, and this year the other CB from Ely. Greg Reid wud have been a huge pickup.I hope next year we get this position covered.

Wow. Peter White chose Maryland. Quinton Washington chose Michigan. Sam Barrington chose USF. This really sucks. I really thought we had a good shot at White. A real dissapointing finish this year. Fla and Fla St. are going to skyrocket tommorow and we going to fall hard. I had a lot of faith in Sheldon Richardson and now I dont even know.

I'm really surprised that Peter White chose Maryland over Miami. This is a huge surprise. We're the more premier program and he has the opportunity to come in and make an immediate impact considering the depth at that position.

Sam Barrington was also a surprise but he doesn't hurt as bad as Peter White. It would be tough for Sam to break the depth chart with Sean Spence, Colin McCarthy, Ray Ray Armstrong, Jordan Futch, etc., and it was possible that he would have red shirted this season. Either way, I don't like losing recruits to in-state programs. I kind of expect to lose a few here and there to Florida and Florida State, but not to South Florida. It says a lot about the program they have up there in Tampa.

We'll see about Sheldon Richardson tomorrow. After losing out on Peter White, Sam Barrington, and Marcus Hall, it's hard to be hopeful for a kid like Richardson, but I've got a little hope in me. He's announcing at 11:30AM tomorrow.

Billy Sanders de-committed from UCLA back to the Canes. That is a real good get.

TE
Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 235 lbs
Forty: 4.8 secs
Class: 2009 (High School)

I'm really surprised that Peter White chose Maryland over Miami. This is a huge surprise. We're the more premier program and he has the opportunity to come in and make an immediate impact considering the depth at that position.

Sam Barrington was also a surprise but he doesn't hurt as bad as Peter White. It would be tough for Sam to break the depth chart with Sean Spence, Colin McCarthy, Ray Ray Armstrong, Jordan Futch, etc., and it was possible that he would have red shirted this season. Either way, I don't like losing recruits to in-state programs. I kind of expect to lose a few here and there to Florida and Florida State, but not to South Florida. It says a lot about the program they have up there in Tampa.

We'll see about Sheldon Richardson tomorrow. After losing out on Peter White, Sam Barrington, and Marcus Hall, it's hard to be hopeful for a kid like Richardson, but I've got a little hope in me. He's announcing at 11:30AM tomorrow.

I agree with you. Barrington doesn't hurt a whole lot, but Peter White just doesn't even make sense. This guy had a chance to play early for the Miami Hurricanes and just the University of Maryland. Guess he'd rather stay home than be a part of a program on the rise back to greatness. Same deal with Sheldon Richardson.

But let me ask you something JCane - I remember hearing last year that there were plans to see what Tommy Streeter could do at tight end. I also heard something about Leonard Hankerson possibly going there too. Considering the depth at the WR position, what are the chances that either of these guys could go to tight end. Obviously these guys need to see the field somehow. I'd love to see a formation of something like Bryce and Coop in the backfield (ala Ricky and Ronnie) with Aldarius and Benjamin at receiver, with Streeter at TE. What are the chances of something like that happening? I guess it's all up to the new OC?
As far as the defense - I think you know how much I think our secondary needs help. But, barring injuries, I think this class could help complete that area of need. With Ray Ray and Telemaque possibly back there, and Harris and McGee at corner - I think we might be ok. DVD and Chavez Grant aren't going to be the guys to get us back to the top.
Overall, Randy is picking up some serious talent at every position on the field, and you gotta give him his due for that. Now he's gotta coach them up. He still has my full support for another year.

Back
Top Bottom