*** Hurricane Recruiting News *** | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hurricane Recruiting News ***

Did anyone else notice that Antonio Harper, the LB commit from Memphis last year, signed a LOI with Troy? I thought he was supposed to enroll at Miami, anybody know what happened?

Word has it that Bryce Brown will announce who he will sign with on March 12th. Looks like he will take a visit to Tennessee this weekend and will schedule one more visit the last weekend of this month.

The saga drags on for yet another month...

wtf is this crud, i saw on espn that brown was thinking of going into the cfl.

Hell no lol. Brown's "agent" said that he was thinking about sending Brown to the CFL and just skip college altogether. What a bunch of nonsense. Even Bryce himself shot that down and then Brown's "agent" had to say that ESPN misunderstood what he was sayin.

Riiiight.

Think about sending an 18 year-old kid, whose body is still very underdeveloped, to the CFL to play against grown *** men. Bryce would get slaughtered and never seen an NFL field as a result. Plus, Brown's "agent" said he would seek $5 million from a CFL team lol. I think an entire CFL team only makes about $4.2 million lol.

That Brian Butler guy is a JOKE.

yeah, it's gettting to the point where i almost dont want brown on the team because of butler.

wtf is this kid doing? Hes making a fool of himself, i say peace to this kid. And didnt the same thing happen last year with some other kid?

wtf is this kid doing? Hes making a fool of himself, i say peace to this kid. And didnt the same thing happen last year with some other kid?

No, not really. Terrelle Pryor didn't sign on signing day and waited until about a month later to make a choice, but Pryor was never verbally committed to any school prior to signing.

This kid is a solid running back. I can't say I blame him for taking his time and making sure he makes the right choice. This is his career that he has to think about. We're deep at the running back position and running back's flourish at Oregon. He's still a verbal to us. Backing out now would potentially taint Shannon's name as a recruiter. Pulling offers off the table when a kid has maintained committment shows lack of patience and poor decision making at the top. It would just be a really bad move and a black eye on the program that we don't need.

Now I agree that Brian Butler, this "agent", is a douche and is trying to make every dollar he can off of these kids, but the weight of resentment over this meatball shouldn't fall upon the innocent shoulders of Bryce Brown. We can't cut off the nose to spite the face. When you go back and look at the top rated recruit in the country over the past decade, you'll notice that those guys really stand out.

Vince Young
Ernie Sims
Adrian Peterson
Derrick Williams
Percy Harvin
Jimmy Clausen
Terrelle Pryor

Bryce Brown :confused:

After listening to his recent interview, I don't know how anyone can think this kid is still coming to Miami. He doesn't want to come here. He sounds like a kid in Disneyland when he's talking about Oregon, then he sounds like a kid sent to the principal's office when he's forced to talk about Miami. It doesn't seem like he has the mental makeup to succeed at Miami. He'd be better off going to a place like Oregon where they'll coddle him and hand him the starting job. I wish we would've known this earlier so we could have at least gone after Jamaal Berry. But at least we'll have another scholly for next year.

After listening to his recent interview, I don't know how anyone can think this kid is still coming to Miami. He doesn't want to come here. He sounds like a kid in Disneyland when he's talking about Oregon, then he sounds like a kid sent to the principal's office when he's forced to talk about Miami. It doesn't seem like he has the mental makeup to succeed at Miami. He'd be better off going to a place like Oregon where they'll coddle him and hand him the starting job. I wish we would've known this earlier so we could have at least gone after Jamaal Berry. But at least we'll have another scholly for next year.

As an outsider I see it a bit differently. To me, he committed to Miami because he and Arthur were thought as a package deal. He then just didn't really click with Hurricanes staff.

He is a bit of an attention whore yes, but I just think he made the mistake in committing to a school for the wrong reasons.

As an outsider I see it a bit differently. To me, he committed to Miami because he and Arthur were thought as a package deal. He then just didn't really click with Hurricanes staff.

He is a bit of an attention whore yes, but I just think he made the mistake in committing to a school for the wrong reasons.

You don't see differently - I see it the same way. Miami is not the place for Bryce, and he knows that. If he comes here it's going to be because of his brother and for his family - so they can see them both play. But he definitely doesn't bleed orange and green, to say the least. Like I said, I just wish he would've let us know a little earlier.

You don't see differently - I see it the same way. Miami is not the place for Bryce, and he knows that. If he comes here it's going to be because of his brother and for his family - so they can see them both play. But he definitely doesn't bleed orange and green, to say the least. Like I said, I just wish he would've let us know a little earlier.

I think part of it is because he really wants to make it work. He had all the reason in the world to call it off when Nix was fired, but he said he'd wait till he saw who Miami hired.

I won't think less of him if he follows his heart and goes to Oregon. I will think less of him if he signs with USC or Tennessee.

Not here, but I see a lot of people comparing Bryce to Pryor last year. Big difference. Pryor went to Michigan and told our staff that while he loved us, he was gonna be a Buckeye. The only reason he didn't sign on NSD was because his family really wanted him to go to PSU.

Look at it this way.

If Bryce Brown really didn't want to play at Miami, it would be very easy for him to just decommit. At this point, it wouldn't be hard. There's all of this talk about Oregon, etc. I think it's a smoke screen. I feel like Brian Butler is pulling all the strings and Bryce is just going along with it. I think that Bryce Brown going to Oregon is highly unlikely. He's so far away from Arthur and that would make it very difficult for his parents to see both kids play their college careers. I still think he comes but I'll admit I'm growing tired of the soap opera.

Look at it this way.

If Bryce Brown really didn't want to play at Miami, it would be very easy for him to just decommit. At this point, it wouldn't be hard. There's all of this talk about Oregon, etc. I think it's a smoke screen. I feel like Brian Butler is pulling all the strings and Bryce is just going along with it. I think that Bryce Brown going to Oregon is highly unlikely. He's so far away from Arthur and that would make it very difficult for his parents to see both kids play their college careers. I still think he comes but I'll admit I'm growing tired of the soap opera.

If Bryce is really coming to Miami, then he should major in acting/theater. I'm serious. If he comes to Miami, then he has some serious acting talent.

2010 Commit List

Tavadis Glenn
Louis Nix
Todd Chandler
Shane McDermontt
Jonathan Feliciano

Jeff Luc is said to be a silent committ. Shhhhhhhhh....

When it's all said and done, I think Luc, Chandler, and Nix will all be five-star prospects. McDermontt probably a four-star rating and I'm not sure about this Feliciano kid.

Back
Top Bottom