Hypothetical question: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being ballistic | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical question: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being ballistic

I wouldn't be pleased, but I'd be more upset at the Dupre pick than the Mahommes pick. Mahommes is extremely talented, but he needs a ton of work, and Miami would be one of the better situations for his development.

If Miami is looking for a developmental QB, though, I'd prefer them look at Evans, Peterman, or Kaaya in the 5th. If none of those players fall to that range, no big deal.

While Watson is the only QB I have with a 1st RD grade, I think Mahommes, Trubisky, and Kizer all go in the 1st, so I don't see Miami having the opportunity to draft Mahommes at 54, and they're not drafting a QB at 22.

I'd be furious. So maybe 100. Thatd be an absolute waste of a draft

If they draft a WR in the 1st three rounds...I'm done. I'm giving my jerseys to the Goodwill and will just be a football fan.

I totally understand your logic, it's the most logical conclusion to make. But here me out as I explain another reality that shouldn't be overlooked despite what happened with Carroo.

Parker is built like Tarzan but plays like Jane (hasn't put it all together yet but we're all hoping he will), and Stills had arguably his best year as a pro...in a contract year (again we are all hoping he can keep up his TD production for the team). The only consist player is Landry (who has never been a TD threat yet in his career). I don't want a WR in the first three rounds either but one could make a argument for the right WR if he was available. We can't paper over the cracks and think we are completely locked at this position, we have 3 young receivers that have potential to be better but if past performance is an indicator then one of the two won't fulfill their potential. With all that being said, I still wouldn't draft a WR in the first 3 rounds unless the value surpassed any other player on the board in the 2nd or 3rd rounds (not likely to happen).

As for QB I'm not sure of what coolaid people are drinking but Tannehill has never made me believe at any point in his career that he has turned the corner and has become a QB that can put a team on his back which typically translates to a SB QB so again if someone like Deshaun Watson fell to our 2nd round pick I'd have no problem picking him up. After 5 years of play, it is clear to me that the only intangible he lacks is one of the most important elements of a QB's game and that is football instincts. He has arm strength, he isn't a dumb QB, he has some accuracy, but he lacks the feel one needs to make top end plays consistently. So as much as I don't want a QB in the first three rounds either I'm not going to paper over the cracks and act as if we are set at any of these two positions on the team.

I would love a impact playmaking DE/Edge Rusher, or a inside/outside LB, with the first pick but I would rather trade down (maybe even twice) and pick up more ammo as the meat of the draft is between rounds 2-4. I covet Demarcus Walker who I believe is highly underrated by scouts who might be had in the 2nd or possibly even the third round allowing for us to be more flexible with our 1st or even 2nd round picks.

Overall don't jump off the bus if we end up picking up a position you don't feel solves one of our Defensive needs...we need to get better in a lot of areas before the first game of the year if we are to contend for the playoffs again next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the unlikely scenario that Corey Davis or Mike Williams is available at 22, value-wise, we would have to consider drafting them. They, undoubtedly, would be the highest rated player on the board. I will start the next part of this by saying that I love Jarvis Landry. He is one of the leaders on this team, emotionally and by game play. He is in a contract year and will, likely, command a huge contract next off-season. Drafting one of the consensus top WRs allows us to, either, develop a replacement if Landry signs somewhere else, or allows us to trade Landry this draft and recoup some value for a player who has played himself out of our price range to keep. Landry has great hands but I think he is the result of a very conservative passing offense and not worth the $50m+ contract that he is likely to receive.
That being said, I would prefer to draft a LB, pass rusher, and G, probably in that order, and extend Landry now for less that it will take next off-season.

I'd be fine with it if that QB and WR could also play Guard, Linebacker and DL at all-pro levels.

I'd be very very very upset if we took a WR. Echoing earlier posts, the Caroo deal still makes no sense to me. Especially considering what we gave up. I'm guessing they weren't planning on paying Stills but with his performance it made sense. I think Caroo's future here has as much to do with his performance as it does Parkers health.

I wouldn't mind a QB, but I'd prefer later rounds. Too much value and needs at other positions. Someone we can groom and ideally have ready in the wings to serve as a #2 and ultimately compete is not a bad idea.

and 1 being fairly indifferent, how upset would you be if the Dolphins drafted a quarterback and wide receiver in the first three rounds of this draft come Friday?

When it comes to the wide outs, it seems to be our deepest position, so we'd REALLY have to love someone to do it - but again, we loved Carroo last year and that move still makes little sense to us. But what if we do it again? How would you feel?

Let's say we come out of round three with QB Pat Mahomes, LB/DE Jordan Willis and WR Malachi Dupre'.....are you good with that, or would FinHeaven be on lock down from all the fans chiming in on how Mike T/Chris G blew the draft AGAIN!!!!

Personally, I'm seeing fans about 50/50 on Jordan Willis. Some think he's a fit and others aren't so sure, but suppose he's flanked by a QB/WR who by and large, seem not to be huge needs? How would this make you feel? I will say that if we take ANY QB then I hope it's Adam Gase's hand picked QB who HE wished to work with. It could signal a couple things: Gase doesn't believe in Ryan T. and/or Ryan isn't going to be 100% from the knee injury come this Fall 2017.

What say U?

:bobdole:

angry-dwight.gif

tumblr_mav1lfKMND1rbfgffo1_500.gif

Me if that happens...12
:smad:

Back
Top Bottom