HYPOTHETICAL! Wallace for Andre Johnson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HYPOTHETICAL! Wallace for Andre Johnson

I would rather trade Wallace for Larry Fitzgerald. :brewskis:

Not that Wallace is great or anything, but I get the feeling that Andre only has a couple years left, and those may not be as a top shelf WR. He's always hurt.

Well past his prime, he's a much better WR than Wallace could ever be, but Wallace has time on his side. That said, I'm not against upgrading Wallace but that will be difficult the next two years due to contract stuff

He'd make a lot of sense for New England or Denver. KC might do it, but that team isn't that close. I have similar feelings about Baltimore, but they have a puncher's chance in the AFC. His price tag will have a lot to do with who (if anyone) trades for him. I don't see any of the top teams giving up too much, but if you get to that 4th RD range, that'd make sense.

Ryan Mallett for Andre Johnson straight up wouldn't make a lot of sense would it....

God Damn that would piss me off!

Ryan Mallett for Andre Johnson straight up wouldn't make a lot of sense would it....

God Damn that would piss me off!

And where would NE get the cap space for this new toy? Fantasy land.

If possible, I would make that move faster than you could... Deal is done.

I love Johnson.. But no. People hating Wallace and wants to get rid of him already is so idiotic

I'm not sure people really comprehend the impact Mike Wallace has on our offense. He can have a game in which he catches 0 balls, yet still greatly benefits our offense by opening up the field for the other receivers and the running backs. It was his first year in a new system with a completely inept offensive coordinator. Now before someone tells me that he's going to be in a new system again this year, I know, however the assumption is that Bill Lazor isn't as incompetent as Sherman. At this point, I wouldn't want to swap Mike Wallace for Andre Johnson at all, no way. I expect Wallace to have a bounce back year with this new offense, as he'll be moved around to create mismatches, something Sherman didn't do at all last year in his prehistoric offense. I know OP isn't calling for Wallace's head or even hating on him, but a lot of people need to ease up on the Mike Wallace hatred until he can prove himself this year.

So today I'v read NE is going to trade for Andre Johnson, Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon. This could cause some problems for Miami.

I'm not sure people really comprehend the impact Mike Wallace has on our offense. He can have a game in which he catches 0 balls, yet still greatly benefits our offense by opening up the field for the other receivers and the running backs. It was his first year in a new system with a completely inept offensive coordinator. Now before someone tells me that he's going to be in a new system again this year, I know, however the assumption is that Bill Lazor isn't as incompetent as Sherman. At this point, I wouldn't want to swap Mike Wallace for Andre Johnson at all, no way. I expect Wallace to have a bounce back year with this new offense, as he'll be moved around to create mismatches, something Sherman didn't do at all last year in his prehistoric offense. I know OP isn't calling for Wallace's head or even hating on him, but a lot of people need to ease up on the Mike Wallace hatred until he can prove himself this year.

The guy has been in the league long enough and gets paid enough to warrant scrutiny at this point. He's getting the kind of pass usually reserved for rookies. I keep reading how he opens up the offense, and yet the running game regressed and the passing game produced an extra 20 yards per game. Color me unimpressed.

I hope he finally rises to his potential this year, because I know he has a ton of it, but that doesn't change the fact that as of now, we have a vastly overpaid underachiever that we are putting all our hopes on.

Back
Top Bottom