I agree with this - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee - 1st Round Pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I agree with this - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee - 1st Round Pick

we will not be drafting a wide receiver with the #12 pick. get over it. think cb, dt, de, lb or ot. you can take that to the bank....

I have no idea what cb, youd be referring to.

If we cant land mingo or moore, people better buckle up because bpa is probably an o lineman

love patterson. just a little worried because he is so raw. but man he has great upside

The knock is that he runs crap routes and hasn't had much time playing as a "receiver", but the guy is a natural playmaker. Can give you that 'home run' play at any moment.

No doubt in my mind whoever takes this guy will have some highlight reels in 2013. I just hope Jeff pulls the trigger. At 12 I seriously wouldn't be mad if we took him. That or trade back and still get him. (Kiper has him going 11 right now)

Also, he has Hunter slipping to the 2nd. Would love to steal him if he falls that low. Both great prospects.

imo opinion the thing that sets him apart from hunter is that he is a more naturlal hand catcher. Hunter is an awsome prospect to but his dropsies worry me.

Plus the ACL. Does he come back strong? Does he lose a step? Things like that. But a 2nd round worthy pick for sure

yeah i took a look at some patterson stuff this morning and that kids murder in the open field...appears my first take was wrong on this one...he's a little leggy but those cuts in space and the way he can stop on a dime and redirect is damn impressive...long speed also...hmmm

yeah i took a look at some patterson stuff this morning and that kids murder in the open field...appears my first take was wrong on this one...he's a little leggy but those cuts in space and the way he can stop on a dime and redirect is damn impressive...long speed also...hmmm
I told you he looked good after the NCState game at the beginning of the year. Way better than Justin Hunter, who I don't want at all on this team. Hunter drops too many balls and plays soft IMO.

I told you he looked good after the NCState game at the beginning of the year. Way better than Justin Hunter, who I don't want at all on this team. Hunter drops too many balls and plays soft IMO.

Patterson does drop some balls too, but not as many as Hunter.

You see Patterson going top 10 after running a good 40 at the combine?

Patterson does drop some balls too, but not as many as Hunter.

You see Patterson going top 10 after running a good 40 at the combine?
I don't. I don't see a top 10 WR in this draft. He'd have to run mid 4.3's or faster to go top ten. He only has 1 year to go off of and that's a negative IMO. There's more top end talent at other positions that will go before the receivers in the top 10.

Patterson drops balls but he makes a lot more plays than Hunter. He breaks tackles too.

He's a solid 4.4 guy. I'm thinking the only way he goes that high is if he's the talk of the combine. You know how players somehow get better during that meet and greet process :lol:

Yeah, I agree about him being better than Hunter, a lot better. He's has that 'home run' ability and at that size it's pretty rare for a Wr prospect.

Thats what I'm the most impressed with. Guys his size are usually long striders and aren't able to make those sudden changes of direction like the shorter shifter guys are able too. But Patterson does this effortlessly. He would be a great asset to us if we are able to get Jennings and keep Hartline.

run after the catch is huge for us...we don't have it...patterson in the rac dept is damn impressive...that kids murder in the open field...i think he looks leggy to me cause he's listed at 6 ft 3 and to my eye he plays a shorter guys game on tape...not sure i see a go up and get it highpoint guy...so for a big wr he kinda plays like a 6 footer to me...

if that 6 ft 3 is legit he's got solid hips for his size..you don't make those kind of cuts and on a dime redirects if your hips suck

They have him listed at 6'4" on some sites, but i'm sure they gave him an inch or so :lol:

I do have to say his routes are not that crisp, but from all the highlights i've seen of the guy he definitely is a natural hands catcher. You're right, I haven't seen him go up and get it that much. That could be for a lot of reasons though like QB ball placement, his height advantage blah blah etc

the other question is for a guy that size is he a win red zone target??? i haven't seen much evidence of it...he may be a home run hitter and b/t the 20's guy the latter of which is pretty much all hartline is for us so it would give us more big play ability...

Back
Top Bottom