I agree with this - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee - 1st Round Pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I agree with this - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee - 1st Round Pick

the other question is for a guy that size is he a win red zone target??? i haven't seen much evidence of it...he may be a home run hitter and b/t the 20's guy the latter of which is pretty much all hartline is for us so it would give us more big play ability...

I'd love Patterson. Too bad there's zero chance the Dolphins pick him in the first.

His speed and cutting ability for his size is just flat out ridiculous. Imagine If he fell in the second round (Which wont happen)

If only Damontre Moore fell in our laps the first pick

Patterson fell to 2A.
Bailey fell to 2B.
Desmond Trufant 3A.
Rambo 3B.

Unrealistic but I love to dream!
:hitit: Damn, that's a beautiful dream.

Not okay with taking a long shot in the first round when Keenan Allen and Justin hunter are on the board.

I've been on the Cordarrelle Patterson bandwagon for a while now and would be happy picking him anywhere. He has the deep speed to keep the safety off the LOS, the quickness to get open consistently, natural hands catcher, size and solid physical build to withstand NFL punishment, and RAC ability up there with the best.

But, he isn't Justin Hunter. While Patterson is big, he isn't a great leaper with long arms to become the alley-oop guy along the sideline or the dominant threat inside the red zone. He is a stretch the field guy who scores from outside the red zone by creating separation, using speed, and his ability to see lanes and set up blocks to get into the end zone. Inside the red zone he is strictly a quickness guy with some power to run through a CB for the last couple of yards.

IMHO, we need a red zone threat, but I'd be happiest if we were able to get that from the TE position with someone like Eifert or Ertz. While I'm more of a fan of Eifert, either one would fit our system very very well. Both are good hands catchers who are big strong seam threats and red zone mismatches.

It's worth noting that this season Patterson lined up in the X position more frequently than Hunter. IMHO, that's because in addition to speed, Patterson ran a less complex route tree. I'd guess Patterson wouldn't come into his own his rookie year, but would break out by his 2nd or 3rd season. That will push him down into the 2nd round I think. But, Patterson appears to have the work ethic and dedication to learn, so I'd expect that it is just a matter of time before he's excelling in the NFL. I don't really see him as a boom or bust prospect, but rather a little raw on the route running.

run after the catch is huge for us...we don't have it...patterson in the rac dept is damn impressive...that kids murder in the open field...i think he looks leggy to me cause he's listed at 6 ft 3 and to my eye he plays a shorter guys game on tape...not sure i see a go up and get it highpoint guy...so for a big wr he kinda plays like a 6 footer to me...

if that 6 ft 3 is legit he's got solid hips for his size..you don't make those kind of cuts and on a dime redirects if your hips suck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg58VI7Clz0

If you look at their eyes, it looks like Patterson is a good inch taller than Rodgers, and Rodgers is listed at 6'3, and I've never come across anyone question his listings. If I had to guess, I'd say Rodgers is a about 6'2 and Patterson is about 6'3.

Back
Top Bottom