I dont understand reaching when you have a top 10 pick... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont understand reaching when you have a top 10 pick...

I realize we have needs, but we have a top 10 pick. Unless you can get a 2 1st rounders or a decent 1st round and 2 or 3 other 1st day picks i dont see trading down.

right now Levi brown is listed as the 2nd best olineman but NOBODY has him listed as a top 10 pick. So why would we waste our pick? Why take advantage of the fact that we have an opportunity to pick up a stud at another position?

If Joe Thomas fell to 9 and so did brady it would be a hard pick for me. If things dont change now til the draft we would have a chance to pick up [SIZE=-1]Dwayne Jarrett. I dont have the ability to pass up a 6'4 reciever with his ability. He is a break away reciver and we havent had a reciver that fast since mcknight (he couldnt catch but thats another issue). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]I dont think Pep is gonna ever be at is 2004 season level again. I think he knee is shot, but if I'm wrong and he can play again then why not get a Moss clone (although a little slower) that he can air it out to? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]And if Quinn manages to fall to us, why not pick up a QB that Weis said was one of the smartest he'd ever worked with?[/SIZE]

Great post, I totally agree. I think the Phins would be well off with Russell, Quinn, Thomas or Brown. QB and LT is where the Dolphins should upgrade first. One of those four guys HAS to fall to 9.

GO PHINS~!

IMO, reaching is taking one player over another because that player fills a need....Take the BPA.

I've never understood that philosophy. OK, if we had Marino in his prime and both Russell and Brown were available are you going to tell me you would take Russell? IMO, you take the best player available that will help your team win and in that case it would be Brown.

I don't care how many good DL or RB's are available, our guys there are fine and we don't draft there. The Phins need help at QB, LT, LG and CB. That's where they should draft first if there is a player available at the need position that they don't think will be available in the next round. If that need position would be available in the next round, then THAT would be a reach selecting them too early.

Just my philosophy on the subject. BPA isn't ALWAYS the best way to go.

GO PHINS~!

Back
Top Bottom