I guess our Running D is no longer weak | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I guess our Running D is no longer weak

• "Manny is really a mystery," said Mississippi coach Ed Orgeron, Wright's former defensive coach at USC. "In the pros, you don't know if you are getting an All-Pro or not. He can be an All-Pro. He could also not make it. I think he needed two more years in school because he would have been one of the most dominating defensive linemen in football. Now, it's kinda scary. A team is really rolling the dice." ESPN
  • Orgeron gave Wright tough love at USC. He had no problems with Wright as a person. Their battles were more over his weight and work ethic. Wright's weight could fluctuate between 290 and 320 pounds, numbers that didn't mean much to him because he had that great first step.
  • "Even though Wright is 6-5, he plays low to the ground like Cortez," Orgeron said. "He's powerful and quick. Like Cortez, he has great upper body strength. He has that great first step like Cortez. He's quick off the ball. He has a tremendous club with his hands. He's very savvy."
  • Wright said he would be satisfied if he goes in the first three rounds. The fourth round, though, would be a disappointment.
Someone needs to explain to him this is a business now... you have all the natural ability to be special.... but you have to do the work.

KGUNBILLS said:
Wright will not get much playing time this year. Its going to take time for him to develop, so no, Wright will not improve your Running D this year

How do you know???

feelthepain said:
How do you know???
you might wanna ask your fellow finfans the same question

.Oh wait, how do you know that your QB, coaches, rb, OL are better than the bills?

BenchFiedler said:
Since we got Wright and this guy weighs in at 329 pounds...This is a big body next to Keith Traylor and I guess hopefully Chester could come back....
There is really no playbook for wright since his job is to line his fat self and stop the run...

Do you think we are set at DT...He might even be able to supplant Zgonina because he is undersized at 290 pounds.

I guess our only weakness now on defense is at Free Safety and CB...
clear.gif
I think its a good addition, potentially an excellent addition, although from what I have read, Wright seems to need to really develop has strength and maturity and will likely take 2-3 seasons to develop. We still need help at DT (NT) although it will likely not be until next season that we can sign a 'name' player or a high draft pick at this position.

Justasportsfan said:

.Oh wait, how do you know that your QB, coaches, rb, OL are better than the bills?

listen genius, when I write I think the fins players are better then the bills it's my opinion, KGUNBILLS, wrote:
Wright will not get much playing time this year. Its going to take time for him to develop, so no, Wright will not improve your Running D this year
doesn't look like an opinion, looks like he's stating a fact. Why?? Because it doesn't say "in my opinion"!!! See the difference?? Your a very, very uneducated human being!!

Justasportsfan said:

this thread says nothing about any of that so why bring it up?

I believe Manny will contribute this year, just not until later in the year. The real question is, does Vickerson even make the team now.

Justasportsfan said:

And we were just wondering how every thread turns into a Bill s vs.Dolphins debate.

ckparrothead said:
I believe Manny will contribute this year, just not until later in the year. The real question is, does Vickerson even make the team now.

I think hes a prime candidate for the Practice Squad. Unless he plays lights out in camp.

all i got to say is manuel wright is the right pick.Now a great player is added to our defensive core with channing crowder,matt roth,travis daniels,will poole,and derrick pope.Wright should start with jason taylor,matt roth,and keith traylor on the same line at the same time.

feelthepain said:
listen genius, when I write I think the fins players are better then the bills it's my opinion, KGUNBILLS, wrote:
doesn't look like an opinion, looks like he's stating a fact. Why?? Because it doesn't say "in my opinion"!!! See the difference?? Your a very, very uneducated human being!!
Don't mkae me pull out some of your posts that imply this and that will happen. You've done that several times especially in BZ. I know if I do you will ignore every post like you do when you have no answer.

nick1 said:
this thread says nothing about any of that so why bring it up?

You know nothing about what FTP has been posting on BZ ,so zip it.
nick1 said:
Wright will play some every game if Chester retires if Chester doesn't then Wright won't play too much this year
this is a MS. Cleo post. Why didn't he question you too? You're a finfan that's why.

Trackstar said:
And we were just wondering how every thread turns into a Bill s vs.Dolphins debate.
read my post above. It applies to you.

FTP makes bold predictions too and then he questions a bills fan but not a finfan for doing the same? If you read the entire thread you will wonder why this thread turns into a bills vs. fins. Read FTP's post :rolleyes:

Justasportsfan said:

Because we just look back over the last 35 years instead of just one year :rofl3:

Our D-line has added depth with Holliday,Carter,Vickerson and Wright. I mean we still have Romero,Zgonina,and possibly chester. All rotating in the middle. I think thats an excellent D-line. Yes some are old and some need to develop but thats alot of big bodies rotating to clog the whole and also give Taylor free space to rush the passer and let Thomas see the play develop better since he wont be taking on as many blocks this season as he did last year. Im happy with what weve done. The big thing is get Schulters to join the dolphins and realistically i see us going 10-6.

Back
Top Bottom