I Hate Jaws -- Period | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Hate Jaws -- Period

LIQUID24 said:
I think we will go 8-8 too. It's no reason to hate the guy (not directed at you Glad, just in general).

In fact, I respect Jaworski more than 99% of the writers and analysts out there. Why? Because he actually watches a lot game film (the kind that is usually only accesible to coaches). I'm not saying the guy is always right, but he's definitely more knowladgable than your typical NFL writer.
I think we are a 10 win team...

I also like Jaws...even though he scares me when he reviews film on tv...but he does watch a lot of film... that's what a lot of writers lack... some do not know **** about real football.

What I Should Have Said Was --

I'm annoyed by the 90 second sound bite that blows the season away by commentators, in general -- before the first snap of the season. I understand that these guys get paid to offer their opinions, but remember when the prognosticators said Miami was done after Marino? Or the Marlins had no chance against the Yankees? Or the Pistons had absolutely no-shot against the Lakers? Or Buster Douglas hadn't a prayer against Mike Tyson? Or the Raiders were going to put up 50 on Tampa Bay? Or that the Dolphins were odds on favorites for the Super Bowl in 2004?

What I would like to hear is some reasoned discourse on what teams need to be successful. If you follow the Picks Of The Week, by the end of the season, the best pickers are usually .580% - straight up. Ricky is done. Let's move on. But I'll bet dollars to nickels that before each and every game this year the commentators will bring up the Ricky Williams fiasco. Gotta sell papers, eh?

the dolphins could not go 8-8 if they tried, ten or eleven wins a couple breaks twelve

Jaws sucked as a QB and wasn an absolute joke when he played in Miami. He is probably bitter that someone saw him naked once and holds a grudge. He is the most annoying commentator out there. Can't believe this man even has a job. He and Phil Simms should be canned and replaced with blow up dolls or something. Don't listen to anything these two losers have to say.

We were 10-6 with Ricky. I think the loss of him, and the time it takes for a new QB, RB, OLine and entire offensive coaching staff to gel could see us lose two more games this year than last. 8-8 is not that much of a stretch.

I like Jaws okay. Sorry guys there is no reason to feel that we have anything. We are counting on so many players who we do not know how they are going to do. It is just as unfair for you to say they will be good as it is for anyone to say they won't. But it could get ugly or it could be a suprise.

If we go 8-8, I'd be STUNNED. 5-11 TOPS for us this year. I hope all you optimists are right of course, but let's be realistic- A LOT- and I mean A LOT has to go right for us to even have a prayer. Under Wannschmuck, I don't believe it will. I hope every guy in that locker room is pissed because of what people are saying- MAYBE they'll come through in the clutch for us FOR ONCE. But I have to see it from this core and this coaching staff to believe it.

So, what's the problem? An NFL commentator looks at our team, and sees the same, offensively-retarded, panick-stricken coach back again; the same interception-happy, long ball phobic QB back again; a TE coach who has never called a freakin play in his life, touched by wanny's magic wand and turned into an O-Co; a D that is still top 10 material, but whose core is one more year older; A division that looks tougher than last year (NE adds a real RB; Buff's #2 D adds two more pro-bowlers, and while NY will still suck, they're good for a couple more wins with chad back); of course, 3300 yards and 25 TD over two years just walked out the door to smoke weed. All this, coupled with the fact that Mia's self confidence over the last, say, eight seasons has taken more shots than Maddona's azz on a friday night. And jaw's dares to predict they'll have 2 less wins than last year?????? what a freakin sicko!!!

So, what's the problem? An NFL commentator looks at our team, and sees the same, offensively-retarded, panick-stricken coach back again; the same interception-happy, long ball phobic QB back again; a TE coach who has never called a freakin play in his life, touched by wanny's magic wand and turned into an O-Co; a D that is still top 10 material, but whose core is one more year older; A division that looks tougher than last year (NE adds a real RB; Buff's #2 D adds two more pro-bowlers, and while NY will still suck, they're good for a couple more wins with chad back); of course, 3300 yards and 25 TD over two years just walked out the door to smoke weed. All this, coupled with the fact that Mia's self confidence over the last, say, eight seasons has taken more shots than Maddona's azz on a friday night. And jaw's dares to predict they'll have 2 less wins than last year?????? what a freakin sicko!!!

LOL, sad but true tfin. All the reasons you just listed above are all exactly why I picked us to only win 5.

This team will win 8 games with their defense ALONE. If the offense shows any signs of life, this team will win 10 games easily.

TorontoFin said:
I dont agree with Jaws, but i do agree with u. 8 wins is a very respectable prediction at this point....On paper, were an equal team to last years team at the best.

Here's the thing: if things go crappy from the get-go (we lose the first 2 or 3 games), this team will fall apart. There will be finger pointing. The situation between Trestman and Foerster will fester FAST if this offense isn't getting it done. I think it's safe to say most of the players already thing Wannschmuck is a joke (and they're right). If we're gonna do anything this year at all, it is KEY- and I mean KEY- to win AT LEAST 2 of the first 3 games. And if we don't, well... s--- will be hitting the fan and it will be hitting the fan quickly. I have to SEE this team show some mental toughness to believe they have any. This is the first year in in a LOOOONG time I haven't had high expectations for this team. I've falllen for the hype the coaching staff and the players fed us EVERY YEAR- Not anymore. Shut up and SHOW ME. I'm a firm believer that a team takes on the personality of it's coach. Which is one of about 100 reasons why our coach should've been collecting unemployment 2 years ago. Unfortunately, our moron owner isn't football savvy enough to realize this. It's unfortunate to say, but it's going to take a 5-11 or 6-10 disaster for him to finally realize it. I think he's finally gonna get the picture.

I find it a little comical that you guys are complaining about the media when for the past 6-7 years the dolphins have been media darlings. EVERY year many pick them to get to the SB and they have never shown an ability to even get close but year after year they get picked, now you lose your best player a few days before camp and some media people are down on you- what did you expect? I don't think you guys are done, I still think you could win 9-10 games if things break right but how can you be mad at anyone for hopping off the bandwagon after Ricky left?

Even though I think Prisco is a closet Jests fan and don't take Jaws too seriously, I tend to think the Fins will be 9-7 this year. It's possible they could do better, but we have to be kidding ourselves thinking that we'll be better off without Ricky. We'll just have to see. Anyways, I was getting tired of all the preseason hype we seem to get every year pointing us towards the Super Bowl and then watching us fizz out during the season. Nowhere to go but up, fellas.

Back
Top Bottom