I hate to see how the media cheers for the PATS | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate to see how the media cheers for the PATS

its easy to be a diehard pats fan when you started watching in 2000/2001

Phin-o-rama said:
its easy to be a diehard pats fan when you started watching in 2000/2001

Well I have been a Patriot fan since 1984. You have NO idea what fultility is, we had 1-15 seasons 2-14 seasons, something tells me if I mentioned Rod Rust you would have no idea who he is but for long term Patriot fans we know he was the leader of a 1-15 team. You might remeber Marc Wilson, the story goes that him and Victor Kiam(Patriot Owner) were playing catch one day and Kiam said "geez Marc you still have it" he did not and never did. We had another QB named Tom before "Tommy Hodson" he was not quite as productive as Tom Brady so perhaps you may not want group a entire fan base into one group.

I commend pats fans that were there for all those years. You know what really pisses me off and I realized I had forgotten. That even when the pats won their 3rd superbowl or even their first, all the damn people from boston could talk about were the ****ty redsocks that hadn't won in 86 years. That seems to be the biggest gripe for boston before they won. They had a great football team and all they would talk about would be the damn redsocks.

Maybe thats what Brady means by always being disrespected. Disrespected by his own fans. Cause they are 2 wins from the superbowl now and all the talk is still about epstien returning and what the redsucks are doing next. Makes me want to puke. Also anyone notice how empty pats stadium was the day the redsocks got eliminated from the postseason this year. I wish sox fans would go cry about it another 86 years. Cause I know one thing, pats could win next 86 superbowls and all boston will still be talking about the soxs the next time the NFL season rolls around. Oh yeah REDSOCKS if I didnt say it enough in the posts cause I live in CA and thats still all I hear about when I turn on the bleepin TV.

pats4life said:
Well I have been a Patriot fan since 1984. You have NO idea what fultility is, we had 1-15 seasons 2-14 seasons, something tells me if I mentioned Rod Rust you would have no idea who he is but for long term Patriot fans we know he was the leader of a 1-15 team. You might remeber Marc Wilson, the story goes that him and Victor Kiam(Patriot Owner) were playing catch one day and Kiam said "geez Marc you still have it" he did not and never did. We had another QB named Tom before "Tommy Hodson" he was not quite as productive as Tom Brady so perhaps you may not want group a entire fan base into one group.

I remember the Grogan days

Agua said:
Robfins, really man, you are coming off as quite condescending. People are entitled to their opinion, just as you are. You ought to respect that.

You contradict yourself there. If everybody is entitled to their opinion, then I'm entitled to give somebody mine if he says something I disagree with. The fact that the statements I've made are merely my own opinion is implied and does not have to be explicitly stated as such.

Moreso, all opinions, contrary to popular belief, do not necessarily need to be respected. I'll respect opinions that are contrary to my own beliefs if they're based on solid logic (which a large majority of this board uses on a daily basis) and reasoning. What I will not respect is when a fan of a football team attacks another fan of the same team merely because he does not disrespect his opponent enough. "Ad hominem" attacks are detrimental to a good message board, especially when they're from someone who roots for the same team. How would you feel if you took a lot of time to put together a cohesive argument and someone responded by merely insulting you and ignoring the content of what you wrote?

If you consider that "condescending", so be it. In that case, though, I'd sure hate to see what you considered level-headed.

Regarding the discussion about the Colts "whining" about the flags not thrown in the AFC championship:

I would hope that even the most biased Patriots fan could respect WHY the Colts were upset in that game. I don't necessarily support the massive re-emphasis of the 5 yard contact rule in retaliation, mostly because I am a big fan of cornerback play, but simply put, the Colt receivers were being manhandled towards the end of the game.

I remember seeing one play where the Patriot defender was holding the Colt receiver so severely he could barely move and yet again, no flag. They had a valid complaint.

Was it why they lost the game? No. But they still had a right to be upset. The officiating was bad.

pats4life said:

I remember those days. I grew up in Mass/NH/Maine and those were the days when every one walked around in Giants gear and you could walk through the malls and see more Giants and niners Jerseys than you did pats stuff. Hell you could walk through the parking lots and not see a single pats bumper sticker. I can remember when I was 14 I went to Olympia sports to get a Phins jacket.....remember the old satin winter ugly *** jackets that everyone wore in the 80's...lol......I can remember seeing Jets, Giants, Niners and phins....not one patsy jacket.....and I have a hard time believing that is because they were sold out. .....did they even make a Grogan Jersey until they came out with the throwback??????...I was at the game two weeks ago and I must say hearing some of those names was pretty cool......since they did not have NFL sunday ticket back then, the only time I could see the phins was when they played the pats or when they played a National game. man am I glad those days are over!

WestCoastPhins said:
I commend pats fans that were there for all those years. You know what really pisses me off and I realized I had forgotten. That even when the pats won their 3rd superbowl or even their first, all the damn people from boston could talk about were the ****ty redsocks that hadn't won in 86 years. That seems to be the biggest gripe for boston before they won. They had a great football team and all they would talk about would be the damn redsocks.

Maybe thats what Brady means by always being disrespected. Disrespected by his own fans. Cause they are 2 wins from the superbowl now and all the talk is still about epstien returning and what the redsucks are doing next. Makes me want to puke. Also anyone notice how empty pats stadium was the day the redsocks got eliminated from the postseason this year. I wish sox fans would go cry about it another 86 years. Cause I know one thing, pats could win next 86 superbowls and all boston will still be talking about the soxs the next time the NFL season rolls around. Oh yeah REDSOCKS if I didnt say it enough in the posts cause I live in CA and thats still all I hear about when I turn on the bleepin TV.

Are you done whining?

I'm not sure I understand why you care that Boston is a baseball town? You live in California, get over it. Why do you care that the Patriots will always be overshadowed by the Red Sox?

Seems like we might have a bitter Halos fan on our hands here. We'll have Big Papi show him the exit, again. :lol:

RobFins2005 said:
You contradict yourself there. If everybody is entitled to their opinion, then I'm entitled to give somebody mine if he says something I disagree with. The fact that the statements I've made are merely my own opinion is implied and does not have to be explicitly stated as such..

No, there's no contradiction there. I'm not going to get into a p(ssing contest with you as I'm much too old for that sort of nonsense, but the emphasis in my original post was upon respect. You were giving none to your fellow phin fans, you were bashing them, "ad hominem" as you bemoan.

RobFins2005 said:
Moreso, all opinions, contrary to popular belief, do not necessarily need to be respected. I'll respect opinions that are contrary to my own beliefs if they're based on solid logic (which a large majority of this board uses on a daily basis) and reasoning. .

Again, the point is NOT about respecting opinions, it's about respecting the people who post them. You can disagree with someone's comments without being so condescending to them, can't you?

RobFins2005 said:
What I will not respect is when a fan of a football team attacks another fan of the same team merely because he does not disrespect his opponent enough. "Ad hominem" attacks are detrimental to a good message board, especially when they're from someone who roots for the same team.
Well, Rob, you were engaging in ad hominem, as well.

RobFins2005 said:
How would you feel if you took a lot of time to put together a cohesive argument and someone responded by merely insulting you and ignoring the content of what you wrote?
:lol: The best advice I can give you from years at FH is don't waste your time typing out some long reasoned response to someone because you're going to blow your gasket when after having done so, some knucklehead comes by 20 minutes later with a brand new thread asserting the identical point you just spent 30 minutes trying to refute. :lol:

RobFins2005 said:
If you consider that "condescending", so be it. In that case, though, I'd sure hate to see what you considered level-headed.
Again, there's a difference between respecting someone's opinion, and displaying respect to the person who expressed the opinion. It's not hard, Rob.

Agua said:
No, there's no contradiction there. I'm not going to get into a p(ssing contest with you as I'm much too old for that sort of nonsense, but the emphasis in my original post was upon respect. You were giving none to your fellow phin fans, you were bashing them, "ad hominem" as you bemoan.

Then you're going to have to post examples, because I clearly only criticized the points kasaba made and not him himself.

RobFins2005 said:
It's posts like these that make me seriously want to reconsider ever posting on message boards.

Apparently, to be a Dolphins fan, you must hate all 31 other teams and make sure to always point out the negatives about each and every one of them. Any time a rival wins a game, it was due to "luck" and not quality team play, and giving flatteries to an opponent obviously means you are not a true fan.

Apparently you cannot be a fan of "football" and the Dolphins at the same time, since being a fan of the former means enjoying football played by teams other than the Miami Dolphins, which is a sin.

Well I'll tell you this. If being a true fan of the Dolphins means acting like a juvenile 11 year old child distorting factual data just because the team in question is a rival of yours, count me out too. PressCoverage was dead on the money in his post, and your response was simply kneejerk.

May I also remind everybody this is the "No Smack" forum. This should be in Depths of the Sea. I suggest it be moved there.

Can you show me where in here I engage in ad hominem attacks on Kasaba, whether implied or explicitly stated? I don't. I merely criticized his points. And the "juvenile 11 year old child" comment was not a dig at kasaba, either...it was hyperbole used to express what it seemed to me must be the criteria for being a "true Dolphins fan" based on the fact that PressCoverage's well-thoughtout response was greeted with accusations that he wasn't a fan.

Furthermore (and this is my final word on the subject, since it's off-topic), you were the one who brought up respecting other people's opinions, and it was you I was quoting in my post.

Back
Top Bottom