I hate to see how the media cheers for the PATS | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate to see how the media cheers for the PATS

"No, it means that the NFL doesn't like how you play and wants to see a different team ::coughColtscough:: win. This I think adds to the disrespect thing. As does everyone saying the team wins by "luck". For the thousandth time....the tuck rule was interpreted CORRECTLY.....and I've seen it called AGAINST us several times since the Raiders game."

Are you for real? Marvin Harrison was getting raped on near every play during that game and you and every other pats fan knows it. disrespect my ***. that is so overplayed and just plain stupid it is not even funny. The more I hear Brady whine on TV the more I want to see his team self destruct. Even the local media here in New England are saying enough is enough with the disrespect card. sportsman of the year? an honor that he does not deserve. you cannot turn on ESPN without hearing about them. I think he needs to keep his mouth shut. I cannot wait to hear him whine like a girl when they get put out at Denver this week. for him to say that his team is disrespected is just plain stupid.

and for the record, when have you seen the tuck rule called against them? now go ahead and act like you would not be calling it a fumble if the roles were reversed. tell me how correct it would have been then.

nephinsfan said:
"No, it means that the NFL doesn't like how you play and wants to see a different team ::coughColtscough:: win. This I think adds to the disrespect thing. As does everyone saying the team wins by "luck". For the thousandth time....the tuck rule was interpreted CORRECTLY.....and I've seen it called AGAINST us several times since the Raiders game."

Are you for real? Marvin Harrison was getting raped on near every play during that game and you and every other pats fan knows it. disrespect my ***. that is so overplayed and just plain stupid it is not even funny. The more I hear Brady whine on TV the more I want to see his team self destruct. Even the local media here in New England are saying enough is enough with the disrespect card. sportsman of the year? an honor that he does not deserve. you cannot turn on ESPN without hearing about them. I think he needs to keep his mouth shut. I cannot wait to hear him whine like a girl when they get put out at Denver this week. for him to say that his team is disrespected is just plain stupid.

and for the record, when have you seen the tuck rule called against them? now go ahead and act like you would not be calling it a fumble if the roles were reversed. tell me how correct it would have been then.

You talk about Brady whining? Look in the mirror. You whine more than my 5 and 3 year olds put together. You can't even post objectively your hatred of everything Patriots blinds you so much. But it does make for some good entertainment so keep going please.

kasaba13 said:
Pal, settle down. You obviously don't know the history of PressCoverage. He is negative toward everything that is Miami football. Certainly, (the Pats) deserve a ton of respect but no team should ever be completely removed from any level of criticism.

You just contradicted your own argument from one sentence to the next...

Anyhow, please document how EVERYTHING I post is "negative" to Miami Dolphins football. I'm likely a bigger fan of the Dolphins than you'll ever be. You really don't know what you're talking about. Never missed a game since 1981 (in person or on TV), when I missed one game, and never waivered as a fan for one minute, even during the dark years of 86-89. Watched every game during last year's disaster, from start to finish. Stayed in Alltell Stadium for every minute of the Jacksonville playoff loss, because I knew it was Dan's last game. I was in the distinct minority supporting Ricky. I've praised Houck and Saban from the day they were signed. I wrote a huge essay supporting Olindo Mare when so many people were ripping him and calling for his head.

I added this as kudos to 1 p.m. starts:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=115902

This describing how physical we've become:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=112233

And this about the defense:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=95989

If you're still untucked about the "get younger" or "where's the pass rush" threads or any others whereby I'm respectfully critical of a specific aspect of our team that didn't do the job that day, that's your own negative deduction.

Do NOT question my allegiance to the Miami Dolphins... Ever... MMM-kay?

RobFins2005 said:
Apparently, to be a Dolphins fan, you must hate all 31 other teams and make sure to always point out the negatives about each and every one of them. Any time a rival wins a game, it was due to "luck" and not quality team play, and giving flatteries to an opponent obviously means you are not a true fan.

Apparently you cannot be a fan of "football" and the Dolphins at the same time, since being a fan of the former means enjoying football played by teams other than the Miami Dolphins, which is a sin.

Well I'll tell you this. If being a true fan of the Dolphins means acting like a juvenile 11 year old child distorting factual data just because the team in question is a rival of yours, count me out too. PressCoverage was dead on the money in his post, and your response was simply kneejerk.

May I also remind everybody this is the "No Smack" forum. This should be in Depths of the Sea. I suggest it be moved there.

Amen. Though I'll never count myself out from being a fan of Miami just because some meathead is trying to tell me what to say or not say, this scentiment above does ring true.

I admire and envy the Patriots as champions for the way they conduct themselves, and for coming through in the clutch time and time again. They are the most rescillient football team I've ever witnessed, and to sit here and listen to all the paranoia and excuses made for their success is sickening. That doesn't mean I root for them.

nephinsfan said:

Yes....I am for real. I am also sure that by "near every play" you mean a handful of plays that they kept repeating on Sportscenter every freaking day. Were we more physical than the rules allow by the letter? Sure....I really can't argue that. But name me one sport that doesn't turn up the physicality in the playoffs. The NBA does....the NHL does....and so does the NFL. Or at least it did. I guarantee you when they lose this season they'll whine even more.

Don't talk to me about Tom Brady "whining." That rant about disrespect is whining??? To who? About what? The team had a .500 record and people were saying that they're done. That's a fact. Did he say "We want more ESPN features" or "We want to be favored in every game we play" or something like that? No...he spoke his opinion in answer to a question. Is being doubted the same as being disrespected? It obviously is to him.

For one....the Tuck Rule got called in favor of the Jets in a game against us the season following our first Super Bowl win. Sorry....I don't have a link for you to prove it, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Would I be saying the same thing if I weren't a Pats fan? Well that depends. If the call against me I would probably be crying like crazy because I would be mad. I can understand why Raider fans would be mad as anything about it....but if I were a neutral observer (what a Phin fan like yourself *should* be but clearly isn't due to your hatred of the Pats), then I would say it was interpreted correctly. Because it was. It's a very oddly worded rule...one that I don't understand the reason for in the first place...but it was interpreted right.

Minvardar said:
You talk about Brady whining? Look in the mirror. You whine more than my 5 and 3 year olds put together. You can't even post objectively your hatred of everything Patriots blinds you so much. But it does make for some good entertainment so keep going please.

Not whining. stating a fact. Brady talking about being disrespected, That is just stupid. How can anyone sit here and say that the team was disrespected. they were a .500 team. They were not the major story on sportscenter because they were a .500 team. there were bigger stories to cover and ol tommy boy just could not handle that his team was not in the spotlight, so he pulled out the disrespect card faster than dirtywater pulls out the "Oh-so-trendy" line. Being disrespected and being reported on for what your team was at that time..a .500 team is two different things. If the pats were 2-11 and he would be whining because he thought they were being disrespected. I just cannot wait til it all ends this week. or actually.......It may even be better to watch peyton finally kick them out of the playoffs.....either way, I guess it does not matter as long as they are gone.:D

RPCity said:
Yes....I am for real. I am also sure that by "near every play" you mean a handful of plays that they kept repeating on Sportscenter every freaking day. Were we more physical than the rules allow by the letter? Sure....I really can't argue that. But name me one sport that doesn't turn up the physicality in the playoffs. The NBA does....the NHL does....and so does the NFL. Or at least it did. I guarantee you when they lose this season they'll whine even more.

Don't talk to me about Tom Brady "whining." That rant about disrespect is whining??? To who? About what? The team had a .500 record and people were saying that they're done. That's a fact. Did he say "We want more ESPN features" or "We want to be favored in every game we play" or something like that? No...he spoke his opinion in answer to a question. Is being doubted the same as being disrespected? It obviously is to him.

For one....the Tuck Rule got called in favor of the Jets in a game against us the season following our first Super Bowl win. Sorry....I don't have a link for you to prove it, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Would I be saying the same thing if I weren't a Pats fan? Well that depends. If the call against me I would probably be crying like crazy because I would be mad. I can understand why Raider fans would be mad as anything about it....but if I were a neutral observer (what a Phin fan like yourself *should* be but clearly isn't due to your hatred of the Pats), then I would say it was interpreted correctly. Because it was. It's a very oddly worded rule...one that I don't understand the reason for in the first place...but it was interpreted right.

yeah the rant about disrespect was whining. you said it yourself. they were a .500 team. what did he expect everyone to say? "Watch out for those 4-4 pats, they are a real threat to win it all this year"? He needs to quit being so arrogant and realize he is not bigger than the game. There are other teams in the league other than the patsies. He has shot his mouth off a few times this year when he should have just kept his mouth shut. maybe they are spending to much time doing commercials and big man dance challenges. It just seems to me that with Brady running off at the mouth and Dillon ranting at the media...and all this talk of wanting to be the media darlings and if they are not then they are disrespected seems pretty far from the Belichick coached teams of the past few years.

nephinsfan said:
Not whining. stating a fact. Brady talking about being disrespected, That is just stupid. How can anyone sit here and say that the team was disrespected. they were a .500 team. They were not the major story on sportscenter because they were a .500 team. there were bigger stories to cover and ol tommy boy just could not handle that his team was not in the spotlight, so he pulled out the disrespect card faster than dirtywater pulls out the "Oh-so-trendy" line. Being disrespected and being reported on for what your team was at that time..a .500 team is two different things. If the pats were 2-11 and he would be whining because he thought they were being disrespected. I just cannot wait til it all ends this week. or actually.......It may even be better to watch peyton finally kick them out of the playoffs.....either way, I guess it does not matter as long as they are gone.:D

Yeah that part was a fact but when you whine about Brady whining.. well you are still whining. Other people I would say were not, but you have a history of it.

Minvardar said:
Yeah that part was a fact but when you whine about Brady whining.. well you are still whining. Other people I would say were not, but you have a history of it.

yeah...ok...

I guess it is "oh-so-trendy-and-fashionable" to bash nephinsfan now:D

nephinsfan said:
yeah...ok...

I guess it is "oh-so-trendy-and-fashionable" to bash nephinsfan now:D

No that is very far from the truth. I find 90% of the Dolphins fans on this board are very astute, know their football, and can discuss objectively.

As far as you go I don't doubt you know the Dolphins well and you are a good fan of your team. It is just when you discuss the Patriots you have no objectivity whatsoever. It is ok to say you hate the team, I can respect that. And hey, if you enjoy Patriots bashing good for you. Just don't expect many people to take you seriously.

im in the 10% and i hate the pats with every fiber of my being....in fact i have 20 bucks on the pats winning it all with my buddy.

that way if they win, i win 20 ....if they get put out it will have been worth the 20 bucks that i lose just to ensure those chowder heads dont win another.

i hate matt damon too

You know what the funny thing is in this thread if this was the Miami Dolphins who won 3 out of the last 4 super bowls with this exact Patriots team all you would hear is how great we are and how we dont get enough respect! Some guys just hate for no reason, you dont see too many Patriot fans bashing the 72&73 Dolphins!

pats4life said:
You know what the funny thing is in this thread if this was the Miami Dolphins who won 3 out of the last 4 ...super bowls with this exact Patriots team all you would hear is how great we are and how we dont get enough respect! Some guys just hate for no reason, you dont see too many Patriot fans bashing the 72&73 Dolphins!

Yeah, I bet you dont see many dolphin fans on a Fatsies website either.

azfinfanmang said:
Yeah, I bet you dont see many dolphin fans on a Fatsies website either.

I am a diehard pats fan but I don't visit any fatsie sites either. Not into big women I guess.

Back
Top Bottom